Pod Your Reef

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

I think their secret is having all their corals in shallow tanks with top down view. Their LEDs really make the colors pop when view from the top. Hope your hammer adjusts to the flow. I remember the flow they had there was very gentle and multi-directional because the corals were swaying back and forth.

Yes, I need to work on my flow somehow.

I'd say half of my corals LOVE the flow they get, the other half are in awkward dead spots that I can't seem to get rid of. I got a new powerhead from my BF for Christmas that I have to install and I'm hoping the extra power from that will help!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple more pics to finish out the night...

16016292549_e3ba36a6e3.jpg

WP_20150104_005 by kimothy182, on Flickr

16202383585_d7ba9a1b0f.jpg

WP_20150104_004 by kimothy182, on Flickr

In second tank news... I cleaned up my hallway and hall closet this evening. This is important since...

1. I realized that I can't fit more than a 5 gallon in the hallway because I do not want to get rid of the cute little table I rescued from the dumpster. So that at least eliminates one location option.

2. I was able to fit both my water change buckets in the hall closet and get them out of the way (they usually float between the bathroom (mixing area) and living room (where I change the water).

Halfway through my water change and cleanup today, my urchin decided to spawn.

I found a free floating zoa (one of the pink ones) so I snatched it and carefully glued it to a very small piece of rubble. Hopefully it grows.

Everything seems to be doing great. I've been dosing 5ml of calcium every morning and tests in the evening show ca levels at 420-425.

It sure seems like everything is just settling in, balancing out, and it's now just a matter of letting it all happily grow!

Yes, I need to work on my flow somehow.

I'd say half of my corals LOVE the flow they get, the other half are in awkward dead spots that I can't seem to get rid of. I got a new powerhead from my BF for Christmas that I have to install and I'm hoping the extra power from that will help!

I'm kinda in the same boat, but it's more that I don't have a really low flow area except in a back corner where I wouldn't be able to see anything :rolleyes:. My rics are proving to be difficult because everywhere I place them I get the feeling it's either too much flow or too much light.

Last week during my water change, I had glued the free-floating zoa onto a rock and put it in a small medicine cup to try to give it a few days to heal. Well, this morning (or sometimes late last night) my urchin decided...

16069028099_2a78abb17d.jpg

Urchin, no. That is not how you wear a hat.

16071382507_dfa4c332ac.jpg

Urchin... STAHP!!

16256404312_c90b78d319.jpg

<_<

Mine did this yesterday with a plastic cup. I tried to pull it away and the urchin decided to let go of the wall and cling to the floating cup. Annoying. :)

I think a head on my trumpet might be splitting!!! Oh, I wish I knew how to post pics from my phone!!

Most hosting sites have mobile apps... At least photobucket does

Hi, Kimberbee :flower:. The urchin is too funny. So far mine is behaving. But he's carrying around more than enough bubble algae :angry::lol:.

YOU have bubble algae, Noooooo! I just won't believe it!!!

Hi, Kimberbee :flower:. The urchin is too funny. So far mine is behaving. But he's carrying around more than enough bubble algae :angry::lol:.

gena, your urchin carries bubble algae around?

oh my. haha! my stomatella snails carry the squiggle

worms on its shell. can't remember name. tiny and curled

in circle. not bad hitchhikers though.

YOU have bubble algae, Noooooo! I just won't believe it!!!

gena, your urchin carries bubble algae around?

Yes :tears:

:lol:

It's not so bad...it is what it is. Just trying my best to eradicate it :).

Yes :tears:

It's not so bad...it is what it is. Just trying my best to eradicate it :).

but surely he *keeps* them right? he isn't dropping them

off like some sort of delivery urchin. GOSH I HOPE NOT!!!

but surely he *keeps* them right? he isn't dropping them

off like some sort of delivery urchin. GOSH I HOPE NOT!!!

Actually I pick them off of him LOL. But even if he drops them it isn't a big deal. They don't attach to anything once they've been detached. They'll just blow in the current until they get stuck to one of my powerheads :).

Actually I pick them off of him LOL. But even if he drops them it isn't a big deal. They don't attach to anything once they've been detached. They'll just blow in the current until they get stuck to one of my powerheads :).

it is like urchin std. poor little fella.

I think you guys jinxed me. I just found a bubble in the corner of my 4g tank after being bubble free for about four months :furious: Stupid bubble algae...

I think you guys jinxed me. I just found a bubble in the corner of my 4g tank after being bubble free for about four months :furious: Stupid bubble algae...

:o

Nooo! I don't want my thread to be bad luck!!

Archived