Pod Your Reef

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

hope you are doing better, and the tank too!
Oh no, Kimber, hope everything is alright.
Jeez! I'm glad you're OK! I hope that all is well with you and the tank! :flower:
I hope you're doing better. I feed krill to my RFA (and fat head dendro too). These guys have a big mouth and they can injest big food pieces. Reef roids are sPS food, they're not harming the RFA by any means but it might like to have more meats.
Hope you're doing alright! Here's hoping both you and the tank are doing better real soon :flower:

Thanks guys and gals! I am feeling much better. I ws just not handling my anxiety well an really wasn't aware panic attacks were happening. When I smashed my cell phone to bits I realized "no, being unhappy is no way to live." I just have to wait for the bill to come in (yikes) to know if this puts tank #2 on hold.

Tank #1 needs a break: it was neglected for a week while I was working on my health. There are two leather frags I'm trying to nurse back, snce they were in a baggie all week. Pinky is wedged deep into a hole and Brain (my RFAs) seems to want to follow her. I added a chunk of blue otchedes (or whatevs) for prettying up or an urchin snack. And tried to switch my koralia for the new sicce nano BF got me for Christmas, but it seems too strong. Tank water change in a couple days and I'll do my best to get pics.

I know I said a fts later tonight, but my temporary cell is AWFUL for even quick pics. I'll get my dslr back from BF for pics this week.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you're feeling better! And it's better to destroy a cell phone than something more important and less replaceable :D

Fingers crossed for your RFAs, I love their names! fingerscrossed

I'm glad you're feeling better! And it's better to destroy a cell phone than something more important and less replaceable :D

Fingers crossed for your RFAs, I love their names! fingerscrossed

Thanks! My new (and better) phone comes in Friday. I'm feeling a lot better, but the anti-anxiety medication is making me soooooo sleepy! -_-

At least I have found Pinky hidden deep within a hole. I blast her some mysis everyday and hope for the best!

Ha! But it's dirty! I should have done a water change and scrub down yesterday!!

Nah, it looks great and congrats on 6 months! You are doing a terrific job and you tank reflects that.

I went crazy with pictures last night and every coral got their own individual photo shoot. I plan to keep better track of growth this way.

I've got 12 pieces in the sand right now, and I'd really like that to be more like 6. Most of them are down there for healing time - like a couple pieces of some leather with green polyps (one you can see behind the sun coral), and the purpley-goodness in that same area that needs a little TLC. If I can clean up the sand bed, that clears space up for a clam.

I added a donut-hole-shaped piece of blue ochtodes (cause golfballs aren't squishy) rubber banded to a rock in the very back right corner. My urchin (Urkel) hasn't found it (I thought he'd like a snack), and my hermits are leaving it alone. That's cool, cause if no one wants to eat it, it will become a little pod home to help feed a mandarin!

Good news! My mom is taking her piano back from me!! This means I open up a 5 foot wall in my apartment to set up tank #2 so long as I don't get a huge medical bill in the mail! fingerscrossed

A five foot wall? You know what that means right? That's a 60" tank :D :D :D

Ah, but I'm going to be a copyKat and add a wingback viewing chair!!

just finishing up a water change... Pump wont turn on...

Propeller compartment probably needs cleaned out. I keep procrastinating on cleaning mine because it won't be easy to get to. I know it needs a cleaning though!!!!

Hope you get yours fixed :).

Propeller compartment probably needs cleaned out. I keep procrastinating on cleaning mine because it won't be easy to get to. I know it needs a cleaning though!!!!

Hope you get yours fixed :).

Franken-pump turned on! I will make sure to clean it out!

Tank looks really good! Is that gorg blue with purple polyps??

Thanks! I'd say it's more purple with pink/tan fuzzies. He's a very happy gorg!

Archived