ReefCleaners.org

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

I did a tank cleaning Thursday night and caught a couple of cool pics.

Of course, everything is a little shriveled up and murky:

16267597209_376ae1a7b6.jpgWP_20150205_009 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Lenny and Squiggy :wub:

16427893806_c42da88e44.jpgWP_20150205_012 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Monster made an appearance and Alan decided he wanted in on the fun:

15833767013_da11b4cc31.jpgWP_20150205_010 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Nice! Alan is so cute :wub:

Edit: quoted your post to get these beautiful pics on the new page :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I try to check out those new pics, I keep getting "This photo is private". So I just get to look at the tiny ones. :(

Try now?

I had a creepy issue with Flickr a few years back and that's why everything was defaulting to private. Should be fixed now!!

Looks wonderful as usual :). What sand did you use? I love that it's so clean. Mine has bits of shell and larger pebbles mixed in...I love how smooth yours looks.

I do like my Panorama Pros! I've got LPS on the sand bed, middle, and top of my tank, and all are doing well with great color and growth! I believe I have two strips, one all white, one blue and magenta, and I also left the blue stock LED's in that I use as moonlights. I left the stock fans in and running, since in the summer my tank would get a bit hot, but this wasn't really an LED issue, just a climate issue. I've had them in sine July, and none have burned out. They do also seem to work well with SPS as I do have a few of those higher up in my tank. The only thing I DON'T like is that I have a dimmer dial that has no markings. So I don't know what % my lights are at, making it a little difficult to raise/lower my lights to a specified degree - I just have to turn the dial a little and hope for the best.

Hope that helps!

Yes very helpful thanks. Its always good to see and hear real experience with a product and not just theorycraft the numbers/features.

Looks wonderful as usual :). What sand did you use? I love that it's so clean. Mine has bits of shell and larger pebbles mixed in...I love how smooth yours looks.

Thanks! I have no idea what the sand is since it came with the tank, but I am really happy that there's not a lot of "junk" in it! I also like keeping it clean and sparkly! ;)

PINKY CAME OUT!!

16279926950_d48fa01530.jpgWP_20150207_001 by kimothy182, on Flickr

I thought for sure she'd melt away in the rock under the mushrooms where she'd been for the past few weeks!

Melting some mysis now to try to feed her in a bit. She'll get fed a couple times a day if she stays out, so hopefully I can nurse her back to health! fingerscrossed

PINKY CAME OUT!!

16279926950_d48fa01530.jpgWP_20150207_001 by kimothy182, on Flickr

I thought for sure she'd melt away in the rock under the mushrooms where she'd been for the past few weeks!

Melting some mysis now to try to feed her in a bit. She'll get fed a couple times a day if she stays out, so hopefully I can nurse her back to health! fingerscrossed

woot :wizard:

My mom was over earlier and helped me with my graph paper diagram of where I could put a new tank:

16451926076_6f963aee84.jpgWP_20150208_002 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Not pictured is the small stool I still plan to reupholster to put by the biocube. She's going to help me move everything into place Wednesday night!

GOOD:

All three heads of my trumpet are splitting, so It'll soon be 6 heads!

BAD:

My hammer fell head first into the mouth of my plate. Both are a little damaged, but not terribly so. I anticipate they will both bounce back soon.

CIRCLE OF LIFE:

I can't find my red-legged hermit and a blue-legger is in his shell... :(

My mom was over earlier and helped me with my graph paper diagram of where I could put a new tank:

Not pictured is the small stool I still plan to reupholster to put by the biocube. She's going to help me move everything into place Wednesday night!

I say move the plants that are on the sides of the couch and put a tank on each end instead :lol:

Tank is looking very nice, keep up the good work :)

:wub:

I just bought a blk and white clownfish. They are adorable!

I say move the plants that are on the sides of the couch and put a tank on each end instead :lol:

Tank is looking very nice, keep up the good work :)

Too much work to move the BioCube and I've found I really like having at least a foot clearance around the tank to keep the sides nice and clean! In reality, the chair is probably going to be closer to and pointing more towards the nuvo as a "viewing chair" ;)

yay! good luck with pinky!

and fun with the rearranging. ha!

She's been out a few days now... fingerscrossed

Love this couple... big ol' bossy clown mama?

Yes, she gets VERY bossy! But Lenny (the lil boy) seems to be holding his own and sometimes gets bossy right back... He's actually the one to attacks me more on water change day! I just hope mama doesn't turn into a dick fish as she gets bigger!

Tank is looking great! Can't wait to see what you do with the new one! (And this one, to be honest). Hope the leather turns out ok.

Thanks! Everything seems to be doing well. The leather is showing more green polyp-y things every day! I've been doing a Reef-Roids feeding every Sunday afternoon and everyone enjoys it!

:wub:

I just bought a blk and white clownfish. They are adorable!

My mom and I are the queens of graph paper organizing rooms! TBH, I almost didn't want the black and white cause they seemed too "plain" but all the designers are too expensive for first fish! But I love them and they are the adorable-est!! :wub:

Poor little Alan died. :tears:

He didn't come out to dinner which was very strange, even though I see him eating off the rocks all the time. So, after dinner I took a flashlight to the tank and looked in every nook I could. I found him dead behind the rocks/against the back wall.

I took him out and he doesn't look beaten up, so I'm not sure what happened. He seemed fine last night, and I saw him by the undata this morning.

He's wrapped up and in my freezer cause I can't bring myself to throw him out or flush him. :(

Poor little Alan died. :tears:

He didn't come out to dinner which was very strange, even though I see him eating off the rocks all the time. So, after dinner I took a flashlight to the tank and looked in every nook I could. I found him dead behind the rocks/against the back wall.

I took him out and he doesn't look beaten up, so I'm not sure what happened. He seemed fine last night, and I saw him by the undata this morning.

He's wrapped up and in my freezer cause I can't bring myself to throw him out or flush him. :(

Oh no! Sorry to hear about Alan. It's tough when there are no signs or anything..........sorry Kimberbee

oh no!! that happened exactly to my tail spot

blenny too! eating and happy one day, dead in

rock the next. :( so sorry. you can bury him

in a little box?

Archived