Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mark's 150 (NanoBox Retro)

markalot

NSjJdp.jpg

UC Rainbow Milli.

A3MQli.jpg

They are in the tank. This is 2 hours after adding them. Unique has some amazing shipping, and both had polyp extension in the bag.

mSp940.jpg

EqHAmL.jpg

• Like 7
NorthGaHillbilly

Your SPS pics are leading me towards the dark side, then I realize I cant keep sticks happy to save my life, and just admire from afar. Lookin great man, glad to see your PH issues are undercontrol

• Like 1

Very nice! Good size pieces

Yes, I was quite please. Now all I have to do is keep them alive. :)

Your SPS pics are leading me towards the dark side, then I realize I cant keep sticks happy to save my life, and just admire from afar. Lookin great man, glad to see your PH issues are undercontrol

Do it! Not all mine are happy, and I lost one recently, but I just move on and find the pieces that like my tank, like that damn slimer. :)

This upgrade/combining really turned out nicely! :)

Thanks for visiting Gena! Yes, I'm quite happy and though a tad lighter in the wallet now I have a lot less day to day things to do. I read you removed your green bird. Probably a good idea since mine is about as big as your little tank and only a year and a half old. :D

• Like 1

A few more pics I took last night.

Trying to get a good pic of all my monti's, in case I lose them. I'm not real worried about the digitata since there's really no place for them to hide, but I figure eventually I may lose all the caps and some of the encrusting montis. I could dip, but obviously I don't care that much, otherwise I would.

So this is a rainbow monti that was in the 40. I thought it might be superman but the polyps have green centers and occasionally it will sport a green polyp. This has grown, and died, and grown and died multiple times so I placed it near the bottom in partial shade and what do you know, the darn thing seems to like it.

KmIHYH.jpg

Next is my undata. I bought this almost 2 years ago so obviously it's a slow grower. Looks fantastic, but unfortunately it provides lots of places for MEN to hide.

jYU9KB.jpg

Changing the subject a bit, this is a war coral from my 29. I bought this as an interesting looking brownish frag and it colored up well in my 29 so I figured I'd move it in here for some added color and to replace the loss of some of the montis. To the right is my red polyp green monti which has grown about 2mm in 6 months.

NuUfLx.jpg

Here is my other "Rainbow" milli. This poor coral has been through hell and back and is finally starting to look healthy again. It was in my 46 when I had the AEFW outbreak and I moved it to a frag rack where I could watch it and then dipped it in Bayer 3 or 4 times plus scraped the frag plug to ensure there were no eggs. It's finally starting to encrust rapidly and it might have a new growth tip on the smaller branch.

FY9ooI.jpg

The turd is still encrusting and looking turd like. Will it ever color up? I'm still holding out hope for a blue staghorn like coral.

A1HxOA.jpg

The slimer comes from a rough environment, I assume, where it is exposed to air part of the day (tides) and probably experiences a lot of breaks. I cut this 2 days before taking this picture and already it's encrusting over the wound and has new polyps. :huh:

Z5WGMe.jpg

Left side SPS area and fish begging again even though I fed them 20 minutes ago,

wtXOJs.jpg

Updated FTS

54acCp.jpg

• Like 7

Oh yea, I think I found a pocillopora predator.

There was a new sprout near my red milli and blue tip acro that I pointed out a few posts ago. Monday, I think it was, I saw a smaller starfish completely covering the little sprout and last night it was just a skeleton with this starfish resting beside it. It's an asterina like starfish but not missing any legs and with dark or black spots rather than seemingly random patterns. I removed it ... though I thought twice about it. I forgot to get a picture before I tossed it. :(

I have a small collection of medium sized starfish I moved from both my tanks so I may have more. I'll have to pay attention to see if others have the black spots on them, if I see them. I quick interweb search shows others have found these munching on both pocis and stylos. Hmmm.

O man, that's a bummer! I hope they don't wreak too much havok!

I can't imagine they will. It was a larger starfish and I've had my pocis and stylos for a long while. One more thing to keep an eye on though, especially if I notice some missing tissue. My green polyp purple acro had a missing section a month ago, I thought I accidentally scraped it. It grew back pretty quickly so it might have been me, might have been this guy, who knows. :) All that acro does is encrust anyway, might as well be a monti.

• Like 1

That is so cool how you can see the growth in just 2 and a half weeks. I love the birds nest, its a cool coral. I need to pull the trigger and try one here soon. Maybe after I get my seahorses settled in.

• Like 1

I took some macro shots and forgot, so here they are.

95rYoN.jpg

NKrDs3.jpg

Wm1sGX.jpg

The slimer "wound" is showing more new polyps.

AP3opN.jpg

This is the turd. Will it ever show any color?

mh2HRM.jpg

6IhNYN.jpg

r5gKsW.jpg

112EdG.jpg

NDzm5k.jpg

sAA7aP.jpg

6fKiWk.jpg

8cvwxh.jpg

kTozUb.jpg

• Like 4

Oh yea, I think I found a pocillopora predator.

There was a new sprout near my red milli and blue tip acro that I pointed out a few posts ago. Monday, I think it was, I saw a smaller starfish completely covering the little sprout and last night it was just a skeleton with this starfish resting beside it. It's an asterina like starfish but not missing any legs and with dark or black spots rather than seemingly random patterns. I removed it ... though I thought twice about it. I forgot to get a picture before I tossed it. :(

I have a small collection of medium sized starfish I moved from both my tanks so I may have more. I'll have to pay attention to see if others have the black spots on them, if I see them. I quick interweb search shows others have found these munching on both pocis and stylos. Hmmm.

JediMasterJoe had an epidemic of asternias and they ate his SPS. He has pictures, he bought Harleys and he recorded much of what you saw, except that his corals were covered with the stars.

The Katropora is certainly not the color it used to be. Have you ever attempted carbon dosing?

6IhNYN.jpg

• Like 3

No, no carbon dosing. As long as it grown and remains looking healthy, even if poorly colored, I'll just keep on keeping on for now. I have unused media reactors and all kinds of options for reducing phosphates if I see the need or want to bother with it.

The Katropora is certainly not the color it used to be. Have you ever attempted carbon dosing?

My topoff cheapskate peristaltic pump got stuck over the weekend. Motor was fine, just not strong enough to turn the parts. Removing, cleaning, re-installing fixed it for now. I have another pump from BRS I can use but since I'm not going out of town I'll be using this one until it no longer works.

You can see how topping off with Kalk really does help my PH issues.

post-76713-0-83215700-1409660300_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Before you invest in more crap pumps from BRS, are you comfortable drilling a round hole in a piece of plastic? If so, then you can buy your own quality peristaltic pump head (the ones that BRS used to use for their 'Drew's Doser' pumps but stopped because they found cheaper ones, but they're crap) and put it in a project box.

• Like 1

Before you invest in more crap pumps from BRS, are you comfortable drilling a round hole in a piece of plastic? If so, then you can buy your own quality peristaltic pump head (the ones that BRS used to use for their 'Drew's Doser' pumps but stopped because they found cheaper ones, but they're crap) and put it in a project box.

No, but I might have other options. This is not a BRS, I think it's Marine Magic with a big old knob on the front to adjust the flow rate. It's great for topoff because I can adjust the knob if I need some fine tweaks to the topoff amount. It appears that a my spare Bubble Magus head might fit on it, though perhaps it's cheap crap as well. I also have a BRS pump that I bought and haven't used yet.

I'm not one to read gragh but it does appear that your peaks and valleys are very consistent and stable! Well done.

3 days since the last pic of the slimer cut, 8 days since I cut the branch off. BEAST!

Kt1ujn.jpg

I was mostly taking pics of my 29 but I caught a few decent pics in here.

Thin Stripe has been bugging me for a new shell. Bastard flipped my wall frogspawn completely over ... I just know he does this out of spite. :owned:

alfc4R.jpg

Anthias not too difficult to get a picture of ...

ZsmVyC.jpg

... but the cutest fish in the tank, the spunky Kole Tang, does NOT like the camera. Out fo about 20 pics I got one pic worth posting. Pucker up.

OAHT8u.jpg

I was answering someone about Blue Clove Polyps and I posted a pic from a week or so ago. These just might be spreading alarmingly fast.

Jl2o0g.jpg

• Like 3

Hmmm,

PH dropped last night to 7.75 and no hardware failures. The slightly smaller yellow tang, that one that has been picking all the fights, did not show up for food this morning. You can see him in the second picture above, picking on the glass. He was fat and appeared healthy (no spots, no heavy breathing, fat belly, good eating, etc) so either he had something not obvious or I was right and the bigger tang finally got fed up and made his move.

Or he was just sleeping in this morning. :)

I just hate coincidences.