markalot

Mark's 150 (NanoBox Retro)

SeaFurn

Glad that you’ve turned the corner.

So what do you do about the stylo that lost those lower branches? Leave them be? 

That loakni is awesome - looks like velvet! 

How much time do you spend day to day keeping tabs on your tank? 

I’m sure it’s obviously more when know something is off or you go to war on Xenia! 

markalot
1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

Glad that you’ve turned the corner.

So what do you do about the stylo that lost those lower branches? Leave them be? 

That loakni is awesome - looks like velvet! 

How much time do you spend day to day keeping tabs on your tank? 

I’m sure it’s obviously more when know something is off or you go to war on Xenia! 

Normally I spend less that 15 minutes fussing over the tank.  It's usually spent coaxing the Foxface away from where I put in the flake food so I don;t get stung, he likes to be fed by hand.  lol   Scraping the glass might be 5 minutes as well.   Mixing 2 part solution and cleaning the skimmer is about all that's left.   The less time I spend the better the tank does.  

I will cut those branches off eventually, if I can get to them.  Stylo skeleton is tough, very hard to cut.  

E8Sb4UD.jpg

I left out another pic.  The Hawkins Echinata, which can be sensitive about some things, really took off during this whole ordeal.  Just goes to show how different acros will respond differently to the same conditions.

lm3r8Ah.jpg

markalot

I thought things had stabilized and I got lazy with Alk testing ... and it spiked to near 12. Damage is so far a lot less than it could have been. I lost the Sarmentosa, a wild caught, but the wild horrida is still doing ok, but just ok.

Here's how things look.

The big Red Robin is looking fine, just a little brown.
KrCiqLj.jpg
j2oGnLC.jpg

The Red Planet (ORA plug) is not so red but I haven't killed it yet.
5rZ5ALn.jpg

This is the cool mint/purple tipped unknown.  So far unphased, and maybe a slight loss in color.
lezXIhP.jpg

I've hacked this to bits but all the purple stylo did is use the extra KH for more growth.
atTk3bu.jpg

Surprisingly the hawkins did the same thing, as did all the birds beside it.   
WsQFJPC.jpg

Unknown green on the frag rack is unstoppable.  
Jo0wGms.jpg

This is the wild caught Horrida.  It's not as healthy as it was and may be in a slow decline.  I'm worried but nothing I can do except keep things stable.  
d90Iqra.jpg

Amazingly the Orange Passion frag hasn't shown any issues.   I should have waited until after the Foxface cleaned it off.
5mcjvns.jpg
eXMHZf9.jpg

In the picture above with the Foxface you can see a brown frag of Palmers Blue milli and down on the rocks below an almost dead Undata, which was looking really nice just before the spike.  Damn undatas are the best looking monti so of course they die easily.  It's still has some green and a few polyps so I'm holding out hope.

The OP has graduated off the rack and onto the rocks.  We shall see, but me and tenuis have a tenuous relationship.

Vivid Rainbow is has been moved to the rockwork as well.
vuoLaML.jpg

Check out the Lokani and frags.  Once again is seems the Lokani is unphased by Alk issues.  The only thing that's harmed this coral is low calcium, so far.  I mounted on of the frags pretty high on the rocks to see what it does in high light.
LLZ4cxk.jpg
QfDz3ul.jpg

Katropora, which needs trimmed badly.  Also note nearly dead Palmer's Blue milli.  I kept a frag but tossed this and another milli that was dying.  
hrhRZWh.jpg

Monster Valida
4ItdHJp.jpg

Unknown milli like acro on the frag rack.  It was starting to color a bit when the Alk spiked. 
zrdxfQW.jpg

KH is now 8.2 and still slowly falling.   I'm debating where to keep it, thinking 8 might be where to lock it in so things stop changing.   Planning on getting a FTS tonight along with Nitrate and PO4 test.
  • Like 3