inTank Media Baskets

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

Reefin Ric Flair

So I didn't have time to mess with the gyre much last night but I wanted to give a quick review of my first impressions due to it being in a smaller nano. The flow threw up alot of junk that was settled on the rocks ever after I blew them off with a turkey baster. All of the functions worked fantastic in a nano tank of my size except reverse. I blasted my sand bed. So only way to use reverse in a nano size tank would be bare bottom in my opinion. My first impression is great. Only time will tell how my corals respond! I will post a video later tonight.

Get that video going!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if that zoa has a name but I have the exact same one

Ah cool, I thought they were really sweet! How's your tank coming along?

Ah cool, I thought they were really sweet! How's your tank coming along?

It's coming along. I just added the first corals a couple of days ago.

Tank is looking killer. Love the Hawkins. I just switched from a China box 32" LED to T5's with ATI bulbs and good reflectors, it's amazing how fast it colored up.

Got a picture for above the tank. The sun is rising over the reef! :)

1848A9F8-8AC6-4BE7-999F-0C0FE9EC73AE.jpg

It might just be my OCD but that would drive me crazy with it being off center lol.

Tank is looking killer. Love the Hawkins. I just switched from a China box 32" LED to T5's with ATI bulbs and good reflectors, it's amazing how fast it colored up.

It might just be my OCD but that would drive me crazy with it being off center lol.

Thanks, its funny you say the thing about the light being centered. I messed with that forever, but my OCD has the stand centered on the wall, which prevented the tank from being centered on that part of the wall. The tank is actually the exact length of that wall but when I got the tank and the stand it actually looked weird as hell right on that wall because of the gap on the right side of the stand between the railing. It would also have to go right to the corner which looked really stupid. There is a half wall behind the right side of the stand. There is definitely a method to my madness! :)

Ive had those too, no name i know of. Should name it yourself.

Hmmmm...stay tuned for some name droppin! LOL

It's coming along. I just added the first corals a couple of days ago.

Ya just took a look. Nice zoas! How do you like those clear lily's? I think they look awesome!

Ya just took a look. Nice zoas! How do you like those clear lily's? I think they look awesome!

That's a MAME overflow. I love it. I think it really completes the look of a rimless naked tank.

I do not see any video! :rant:

We need VIDEO! :haha:

Nice looking tank ;)

HAHA Thanks Sailfish. I know been lazy...I will see what I can come up with for a video tonight.

That's a MAME overflow. I love it. I think it really completes the look of a rimless naked tank.

Ah! Looks sharp either way! :)

lilmatty5dimes

I just grabbed a crayola yesterday from a semi local reefer and his mother colony was about the size of a football. Along with another 15 sps's. Bit that crayola is Probably one of my top 5 sps's now. Needing to get a few more better pics up

I just grabbed a crayola yesterday from a semi local reefer and his mother colony was about the size of a football. Along with another 15 sps's. Bit that crayola is Probably one of my top 5 sps's now. Needing to get a few more better pics up

Nice! The crayola definitely has some nice color to it and is one of my current favs. I got 2 frags of it for $30 so I thought that was a steal! Now I just need that pearlberry, GARF Bonsai, Pink Lemonade, and a piece of the infamous "Katapora"!

lilmatty5dimes

Nice! The crayola definitely has some nice color to it and is one of my current favs. I got 2 frags of it for $30 so I thought that was a steal! Now I just need that pearlberry, GARF Bonsai, Pink Lemonade, and a piece of the infamous "Katapora"!

That's a good price. I bought this one for $20 but got another 6 pieces. I have a PB and need/want a pink lemonade badly. The crayola on the bottom. Far right is Hawkins and the one left is the crayola.

E60A9A0C-6C97-4367-A75E-448F5DC1422C_zps

That's a good price. I bought this one for $20 but got another 6 pieces. I have a PB and need/want a pink lemonade badly. The crayola on the bottom. Far right is Hawkins and the one left is the crayola.

E60A9A0C-6C97-4367-A75E-448F5DC1422C_zps

Ya those frags here would be like $80 ea. I wish I lived in FL for coral. Nice grabs you got for sure! PA is garbage for coral. When I come down to Orlando for work or fun I shop before I go home. My parents have a place in New Symrna which isnt too far from Cocoa. Any good shops around you?

Anyone able to ID these?

81E28417-2EE8-4883-ADB4-B730160FA08E.jpg

Looks like Fire & Ice Zoanthids. I've seen a bunch of different color variations, but always orange/red skirts, with blue & white centers, and cream colored mouths. Sometimes the white is more toward the center, and sometimes it's striated in with the blue. See below for example:

Fire-and-Ice-Zoanthids-2.png

Looks like Fire & Ice Zoanthids. I've seen a bunch of different color variations, but always orange/red skirts, with blue & white centers, and cream colored mouths. Sometimes the white is more toward the center, and sometimes it's striated in with the blue. See below for example:

Fire-and-Ice-Zoanthids-2.png

Thats them thanks Chris!

He here is a short video of my gyre as requested. To keep it short I left out a lot of it's functions such being able to control time between on pulse mode. I left out gyre mode as well due to the shortest time is 2 minutes and any real reverse blows my sand around. Hard to see a lot of the flow without a point of reference. I will post a better video with some coral snow when it get it next week!

lilmatty5dimes

Ya those frags here would be like $80 ea. I wish I lived in FL for coral. Nice grabs you got for sure! PA is garbage for coral. When I come down to Orlando for work or fun I shop before I go home. My parents have a place in New Symrna which isnt too far from Cocoa. Any good shops around you?

Yea we have a few true hobbyists who don't sell for a big profit. I brought a friend and bought some for another guy who didn't make it over there. In all he made about $350. And it didn't even look like we touched his tank. All the shop around me are about a hour drive south. Mad reefer, living reef, and live tanks. Orlando as a few also that's not far away. But basically don't really get to them very often and usually make one big trip to see them all. My wife was driving to the BJs up in new symrna for about 7 months so it's about 45 mins from me. When are you coming down?

Ya, that's awesome. I have only been to living reef down there. I'll be in Miami for work in April. Not sure when I'll make it to Orlando/Smyrna but hopefully soon. When I do though gotta bring back some stuff for sure! Getting married this summer so the honeymoon is taking up most of my vacation, but going to Costa Rica so can't really complain too much! HAHA.

Archived