Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some some sneak peaks! The tank was packaged so well even the UPS guy was impressed!!!

The fiance wants a new longer stand to cover more of the wall hoping to get all that done this weekend. Any ideas of longer furniture that has storage below for my sump?

15364284767_ce94b3d5c9.jpgUntitled by scotclsr, on Flickr

14930114953_0aa99acbd8.jpgUntitled by scotclsr, on Flickr

Was looking for overflow plumbing pictures and your post came up. So you have 2 durso's AND a herbie? :o

Which store did ya swing by?

Living Reef, right by UCF. Nice little store and got some great corals to bring back to the burgh with me too. I keep getting home after the lights are off to post any good pics. Hopefully tonight! :)

Was looking for overflow plumbing pictures and your post came up. So you have 2 durso's AND a herbie? :o

Aka bean animal.... I rock that too along with northgahillbilly

This is what me and PicO came up with with more of a bean animal type setup. The herbie style is more of an emergency drain. Never had anything like this so we will see. Just looking for something quiet and lots of flow. Hoping to get this thing wet this weekend but new ideas/obstacles, I didnt think of, keep popping up. Plus been really busy lately!

Lots to come with this tank upgrade but hoping to do it right the first time. Upgraded DIY light fixture thanks to Nanobox and busting out the old sump from an old tank. So we will see!

What are you planning for your new tank? (which looks AMAZING BTW)

What are you planning for your new tank? (which looks AMAZING BTW)

Thanks. There is too much planning with my new build. I like to have it all down on paper so that any changes can be done easier than if it was all go with the flow.

Come on over to my thread and stay a while.

I've been watching...in a non creepy way! Haha! I like to plan everything out too. Problem is when I start building I come up with all these alterations that will make it better! Oh well better to do it right the first time!

Started cutting the PVC for everything. I will be painting the PVC black and keeping the unions gray. Waiting of a few plumbing parts before I can finish.

0DD834DC-E0E9-42D8-9E97-2B1E57D3510F.jpg

So ordered a bunch of stuff from bulk reef supply...it came but the effing box was empty! Not happy at all!!! I knew I should have went to marine depot!

5C05C2BA-091C-4686-A86B-D903EC29346C.jpg

Haha ya not even a packing slip literally a box that says 4lbs on the label and a bunch of air. I thought it was a damn joke at first. Ugh!

If Ryan is the one from the YouTube videos he always looks blazed lol

That's him!

Haha ya not even a packing slip literally a box that says 4lbs on the label and a bunch of air. I thought it was a damn joke at first. Ugh!

You must of though you had super strength heh.

Well they resolved the issue and are overnighting me my order. Hopefully this will actually have stuff in it rather than just packing materials. HAHA!

I would cry, I am the worst person ever at waiting for shipping for something I am excited about.

Ya me too...I was so mad. Had plumbing stuff that I needed to complete my tank plumbing too on my new tank.

I had stuff missing from an order from them before, but never a completely empty box. Sorry, but it's a little bit funny. :P

I'm surprised they believed you and sent your stuff again. They were all accusatory with me and I think the stuff was worth a total of like $10.

I had stuff missing from an order from them before, but never a completely empty box. Sorry, but it's a little bit funny. :P

I'm surprised they believed you and sent your stuff again. They were all accusatory with me and I think the stuff was worth a total of like $10.

I agree its a little funny...but didnt find it funny at the time at all more because it was over $200 worth of stuff. Ya the customer service guy didnt believe me. I had to talk to a manager who was very helpful. The first guy was like "Sir I am sorry but we wouldnt send you an empty box". My response..."Well your wrong because you did!" LOL!

So plumbed up my tank...FINALLY...however went to paint my PVC with fusion black and it's dripping off and looks terrible! Any advice on painting PVC or covering it with aiming to cover up my blue mess and ugly white PVC?

Where did you buy your plumbing connections from?

The unions I got from marine depot and the valves I had PicO send them with the tank.

Elbows and that stuff are from HD.

I agree its a little funny...but didnt find it funny at the time at all more because it was over $200 worth of stuff. Ya the customer service guy didnt believe me. I had to talk to a manager who was very helpful. The first guy was like "Sir I am sorry but we wouldnt send you an empty box". My response..."Well your wrong because you did!" LOL!

:o

So plumbed up my tank...FINALLY...however went to paint my PVC with fusion black and it's dripping off and looks terrible! Any advice on painting PVC or covering it with aiming to cover up my blue mess and ugly white PVC?

Black PVC is available on homedepot.com, complete with fittings. If you don't find a particular size it is available on BRS.

Black PVC is available on homedepot.com, complete with fittings. If you don't find a particular size it is available on BRS.

Ya, I already used the white and it glued. Was planning on fusion but it lies when it says it sticks to PVC! Looks fine just wondering of any other coloring or cleaning up the connections a little bit. Blue sticks out a lot! Haha!

I've painted tons of PVC with Krylon Fusion and haven't had any issues. You said it is dripping though... I think you have applied your coats too thick. Lots of light coats allows it to bond rather than one heavy coat.

Ya, I already used the white and it glued. Was planning on fusion but it lies when it says it sticks to PVC! Looks fine just wondering of any other coloring or cleaning up the connections a little bit. Blue sticks out a lot! Haha!

Archived