ReefCleaners.org

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

Reefin Ric Flair

Ya, that's awesome. I have only been to living reef down there. I'll be in Miami for work in April. Not sure when I'll make it to Orlando/Smyrna but hopefully soon. When I do though gotta bring back some stuff for sure! Getting married this summer so the honeymoon is taking up most of my vacation, but going to Costa Rica so can't really complain too much! HAHA.

Looks like I'll be getting some stuff on April then

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I'll be getting some stuff on April then

Haha I'll be bringing something back for sure if timing is right with the end of the convention and my flight home. Also gotta find some good shops in Miami semi close to the airport.

Beef...it's what's for dinner...what's for breakfast? How bout some Dkh! Hahaha!

I read that as an evil laugh. I don't think that's how you make breakfast though...

I read that as an evil laugh. I don't think that's how you make breakfast though...

Lol! Well when I fed my tank bacon and eggs they didn't respond well! :)

I seem to have fixed my low Dkh issues last month. Over the past couple of days I upped my 2 part dosing slowly and my corals are responding great with the increased Dkh (was having trouble keeping it anywhere but at 6). I am at 7 dkh and I am going to shoot for around 7.5-8dkh. I am going to give it a week to settle in with my current dosing to make sure it holds and then adjust accordingly. Getting incredible PE and starting to get colors out of all of my corals that were brown before except my SSC.

Placing an order for a Canon T5i this week so hopefully I will be able to get some good photos with that to show you all what I am talking about!

Also, have some special things in the works that will will be teased over the coming weeks till its complete so stay tuned!!!! :)

So I went to the LFS and couldn't pass up 2 colonies for 35 each. They were starting to brown but still had PE and color in the tips. Gonna have to do some rescaping because the one is like 5"! Also came with some acro crabs. Really cool!

D23509BC-EE4C-4DF9-AAFC-1C222F0F6460.jpg

897D842A-8DE8-4E9E-9A8D-F60B73C21CA3.jpg

DED48DFE-EB0E-4F39-971B-2835EB864990.jpg

1878BA23-3DD1-4086-85F1-97A6272F5462.jpg

Acro crabs are the adorable-est!!

HAHA ya they are really neat. Never seen them before. This colony had 3 in it. I named them O'Malley, Guts, and Agrocrab! Acro Crab reminds me of the Agrocrag from Nickelodeon guts from back in the day! HAHA!

Where did you get those from? The second one looks really cool, is it purple in real life?

Elmers had them. They had a few other ones that were really bleached and or brown. I almost got another but I am already going to have to move alot of stuff around to make room for them. The purple one is that purple in person with white polyps and the other one looks like its purplish with green polyps but hard to tell until I can color it up...hopefully. fingerscrossed

They didn't have any cool gobies for me so I got coral. :P

Tanks looking good- nice new additions!

Thanks! Hoping I can get some color out of them quick. The purple one is really nice. The other has HUGE potential!

Sk8n Reefer

RIP BOBBY FLAY! Ruby red took a leap tonight...super bummed! :(

Man - sorry about that! Didn't know they were jumpers. Do you have a cover? Screen tops work really well- BRS kits are nice

Man - sorry about that! Didn't know they were jumpers. Do you have a cover? Screen tops work really well- BRS kits are nice

Ya heard they were jumpers but never seen him ever freak out even when I was in the tank. Ya I have a screen...unfortunately was not on. On the lookout for a new one. Torn to get another ruby or a target mandy. The ruby's color is just remarkable and add's alot to the tank, so not sure.

You know anything about leopard wrasses? I know they are really bad shippers and like pods, but wondering how solid that recommended 50g minimum is. If its recommended the same reason mandys used to be only recommended to be held in 75g I might try a small one if the LFS has one.

Sk8n Reefer

Ya heard they were jumpers but never seen him ever freak out even when I was in the tank. Ya I have a screen...unfortunately was not on. On the lookout for a new one. Torn to get another ruby or a target mandy. The ruby's color is just remarkable and add's alot to the tank, so not sure.

You know anything about leopard wrasses? I know they are really bad shippers and like pods, but wondering how solid that recommended 50g minimum is. If its recommended the same reason mandys used to be only recommended to be held in 75g I might try a small one if the LFS has one.

That's a tough call. I really like the target- they can grow quite large though. Ruby does flash a nice color around the tank and stays small. Sorry again man- tough losing a fish.

Hit up Chris! He knows a lot about wrasses and very knowledgable on all reefing- great source of information. you can link to him from my thread

So I went to the LFS and couldn't pass up 2 colonies for 35 each. They were starting to brown but still had PE and color in the tips. Gonna have to do some rescaping because the one is like 5"! Also came with some acro crabs. Really cool!

Thats a great deal on those pieces, they definitely look like they have some potential. 1 thing your gonna kill me... I notice they are still on the bases it looks like (typical w/ maricultures). Try to coax the crabs out, dip them in bayer and cut those bases off.... and never put those bases in your tank again. Sure you will lose a little of the base but it will be worth it to avoid pests. ;)

Other wise it looks like you have a good thing going on, hopefully it won't take to long for the color to start coming back more after the alk issues. Out of curiosity, have you ever tested phosphates, if so what are they running at?

I will hit up Chris and see what he says. Thanks!

I'll drop the short version here..... You will be fine short term with a smaller leopard, but remember to put the top on your tank when your done in the tank ;) I wouldn't suggest keeping one that is over 3" in there tho as they are pretty active and not only will it be better for the fish it will be more enjoyable for you to watch in a larger tank.

Thats a great deal on those pieces, they definitely look like they have some potential. 1 thing your gonna kill me... I notice they are still on the bases it looks like (typical w/ maricultures). Try to coax the crabs out, dip them in bayer and cut those bases off.... and never put those bases in your tank again. Sure you will lose a little of the base but it will be worth it to avoid pests. ;)

Other wise it looks like you have a good thing going on, hopefully it won't take to long for the color to start coming back more after the alk issues. Out of curiosity, have you ever tested phosphates, if so what are they running at?

I'll drop the short version here..... You will be fine short term with a smaller leopard, but remember to put the top on your tank when your done in the tank ;) I wouldn't suggest keeping one that is over 3" in there tho as they are pretty active and not only will it be better for the fish it will be more enjoyable for you to watch in a larger tank.

HAHA Thanks Chris! I did dip the purple one but left the base (Tried prying it off but couldnt get it) The one with the crabs I didnt because I didnt want to kill them, but I can try and lure them out and see if I cant get that base off and dip. Thanks again for all the help dude!

Archived