Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

Just read thru your tank thread. Great looking tank and all kinds of nice coral. I love your leopard wrasse! I found it pretty cool that you have some frags from living reef as that is one of my go to places and probably 50% of my coral has been bought there. Do you see much of your pom pom crab? I have one, but only see it maybe 1 time every couple of weeks. Tagging along.

Thanks for checking it out! Ya wish I had a store like that here in Pitt I really liked Living Reef. I used to see him more but he found a spot deep in the rocks ever since I added my wrasse and I only see him every couple of weeks now. He used to come out every time I fed. He lost one of his pom poms and then a couple of weeks later he cut a piece off and now they are both quite large. Really cool crabs for sure.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehhh, I dont know if I am spoiled, but I go through phases with LR. Sometimes I feel like they just have all the same stuff over and over again, but sometimes I walk in and am just blown away at the selection. So sounds like your pom pom is as illusive as mine. When I got mine, it didn't have either pom pom, which I was ok with as I didn't want the "poms" to sting my coral. I'm still wondering if he will end up picking up something else out of the tank to defend himself with. They are definitely good at hiding, thats for sure. Keep up the good work. Im looking forward to following your thread.

BTW, I love the PicO. Sometimes very frustrating things happen for a good reason. I think you ended up with a much nicer, not to mention one of a kind, tank to be proud of.

Ehhh, I dont know if I am spoiled, but I go through phases with LR. Sometimes I feel like they just have all the same stuff over and over again, but sometimes I walk in and am just blown away at the selection. So sounds like your pom pom is as illusive as mine. When I got mine, it didn't have either pom pom, which I was ok with as I didn't want the "poms" to sting my coral. I'm still wondering if he will end up picking up something else out of the tank to defend himself with. They are definitely good at hiding, thats for sure. Keep up the good work. Im looking forward to following your thread.

BTW, I love the PicO. Sometimes very frustrating things happen for a good reason. I think you ended up with a much nicer, not to mention one of a kind, tank to be proud of.

Ya I love the Pom Pom he's cool! He leaves all my corals alone. The Pom pond are funny. Ya only been there two times but each time I was blown away. Ya I am happy my novo leaked. Got a fresh start and a better tank! :)

Side note got a few new corals today but this guy is by far my favorite! Looks even better in person but it's yellow with blue tips! Most incredible coral I have seen.

A7DFA74C-A016-432C-8571-7A8DDF5535D4.jpg

Fresh cut from the mother colony.

09F5C5F0-8440-4E85-AAED-D803258461D7.jpg

Last of the pieces for my light shipped today and should be here Friday! Hung up my hanging kit over the weekend in anticipation for this! Hoping to have the fixture up and running in full tilt by Saturday night! More pics to come!

IMG_0478.jpg

Also, some of the other corals I got over the weekend!

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

My Grandis Paly's are spreadying like mad!

IMG_0474.jpg

Going to have to start Fragging the Miami Hurricane Chalice very soon as its creeping on a few corals!

IMG_0470.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Got a cool little invert today!

6CD67253-D4D1-48F2-8BE5-B7943F89F382.jpg

Ive really wanted one for a while, following along to hear how yours does.

Ive really wanted one for a while, following along to hear how yours does.

Ya I was surprised to see him at the LFS so had to get him. Got some pics on my dslr just haven't uploaded them yet. He's really neat to watch so far. :)
NorthGaHillbilly

At the LFS no less, thats AWESOME

The floating canopy with TV mount, inspired by your setup, is going in this week, I really appreciate the idea, I think its going to work really well

At the LFS no less, thats AWESOME

The floating canopy with TV mount, inspired by your setup, is going in this week, I really appreciate the idea, I think its going to work really well

Sweet! Glad it worked for ya! Post some pics when you finish it! Would like to see it!

This tank and that light fixture is awesome!! Following along! Also...

Where did you get the mesh for your screen top?

I got it from the LFS here that sells it. I am sure you can find it online cheap. Its just 1/4" clear mesh.

Super neat! I was thinking about getting one of them. More pics!!

I can do one better...A video. Please ignore the terrible music there was alot of background noise and I just clicked one of youtubes songs. HAHA!

Another step closer to my light! The retailer I got my Meanwell SCW's forgot to send them and now wont have them until Tuesday. Will have everything wired up and ready to go Tuesday though!

12104859-437C-4185-921A-E9442F298B3F.jpg

Caravanshaka

liking the new fixture, I am finishing up my 824 with 4x nanobox v3 arrays as well. Love the driver board, where did you get it made?

liking the new fixture, I am finishing up my 824 with 4x nanobox v3 arrays as well. Love the driver board, where did you get it made?

O2Surplus on ReefCentral made it, he charges $30 + Shipping. I believe this is what Jedimasterben is using in his fixture also.

Caravanshaka

Cool, thanks for the info! I've gotten something from him in the past for converting 0-10v to 5v pwm to controll LDD's with my Apex.

NanoFever

Light delayed again but I drown my sorrows in coral! Got some new sps and some Zoas. Zoas are still closed but it's all about sps amyway!!! :)

DABFD2A5-A930-4436-B937-C81FE944A4DA.jpg

21D5F52A-F4A1-4BD0-AA7C-AE9EDCFDA5A0.jpg

B1254FCE-D495-4F32-ACB8-4910A48022B8.jpg

51B65B0B-C0AE-4072-B496-7A1D1898EFF9.jpg

08B3EAE5-6FA8-47F0-B537-DA1EC6B9013A_1.j

46641F72-A20A-4A43-849E-78890C8DC431.jpg

Everything was looking peachy until this weeks 5G water change. I got out all the test kits because 2 acros look sickly and the other RTNed over night. Calcium I was off the charts high and was unsure why. Checked the doser and everything was good so I measured some more of the Reef Crystals that was mixed at the same time and my Calcium is off the charts high. This is the 2nd issue I have had with a box of reef crystals. First it was alk now Ca. I need some salt recommendations quickly. :(

Red Sea Blue bucket....never had a problem

Any reason for the blue bucket over the Red Sea Coral Pro?

Archived