inTank Media Baskets

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

Dude that top is amazing! Great idea, I wish I had the skill and patience for something like that I woulda went rimless lol

Freaking gorgeous!!!! She still doing good, any luck with prepared foods yet?

Thanks! Ya she is eating everything. Fat and happy! Constantly cruising. Great little fish!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Ya she is eating everything. Fat and happy! Constantly cruising. Great little fish!

Excellent, definitely glad to hear that! :)

Got some new corals from reefgardner.net Another great experience from Morgan. Got some zoas and finally got a pearlberry and Ice Blue Tenius!

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Also, later this week new light build in the works! Bluefish mini is on its way!!!!! :)

Reefin Ric Flair

Looking good. Nano Fever and I shared an order and the pics aren't doing the corals justice

Stay tuned because when that mini duncan colony opens fully I'm fit to break the Internet

So after a long wait the bluefish mini is finally here!!!!! Lots in store for this guy. Another update tomorrow on what this will be powering!!!

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

I used to have a storm controller set at Blues 155 and Whites at 50 with a 60 minute ramp time. The bluefish mini has a little bit more control and is very easy to set up. Let me know what you guys think of my current settings from all you bluefish users!

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

So my fixture came today but no hanging kit yet. Ordered that today with some other goodies. DIY T5/LED fixture hopefully fully controlled with my bluefish mini! Here are some pics of the fixture and the custom project box to house my HEP ballasts, LDD's and my bluefish mini. I had Chris at CNC reef put an acrylic lid on the project box to help with communication to the mini. Cant wait to get this thing lit but probably not for another couple of weeks for some items I am still waiting on. Let me know what you think and what T5 combo I should run on this!

Project Box

IMG_0438.jpg

Light Fixture

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Both

IMG_0440.jpg

Sk8n Reefer

Wow- lights gonna be sweet?. Pearlberry- that's a nice looking coral- my lfs sells them but frags are 90. Bucks! Didn't wanna risk it

Wow- lights gonna be sweet. Pearlberry- that's a nice looking coral- my lfs sells them but frags are 90. Bucks! Didn't wanna risk it

I hope so. Its really sharp looking lets just hope I don't screw anything up when wiring! HAHA!

Thanks, I have always wanted a pearlberry so I splurged. Got it for a great price from reefgardener.net Got a couple zoas too just havent taken any photos yet. Got golden mauls and laser lemons. Really nice colors!

NorthGaHillbilly

Hey man, quick question for you, how did you mount your floating canopy, me and a buddy have one in the works for his new tank, and im trying to figgure out the most low profile option

I got a cheapo TV mount off amazon allows me to move it out of the way and have quick disconnects on the wires so I can take it down to work on it very quickly if I want. I'm out of town but can get you some better pics when I get home on Friday.

So my fixture came today but no hanging kit yet. Ordered that today with some other goodies. DIY T5/LED fixture hopefully fully controlled with my bluefish mini! Here are some pics of the fixture and the custom project box to house my HEP ballasts, LDD's and my bluefish mini. I had Chris at CNC reef put an acrylic lid on the project box to help with communication to the mini. Cant wait to get this thing lit but probably not for another couple of weeks for some items I am still waiting on. Let me know what you think and what T5 combo I should run on this!

Project Box

IMG_0438.jpg

Light Fixture

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Both

IMG_0440.jpg

What t5 fixture is that? im thinking about attempting the same thing but i am not sure what fixture to go with and ATI fixtures are so expensive :/

It's CNC reef asis pro 1024 and a custom project box. He was very helpful and great to work with. He is a forum sponsor.

It's CNC reef asis pro 1024 and a custom project box. He was very helpful and great to work with. He is a forum sponsor.

Thank You!

NorthGaHillbilly

I got a cheapo TV mount off amazon allows me to move it out of the way and have quick disconnects on the wires so I can take it down to work on it very quickly if I want. I'm out of town but can get you some better pics when I get home on Friday.

Awesome, sounds like a great idea. We were debating on height, light spill being a concern, but this would let us put it lower and still have good access

Awesome, sounds like a great idea. We were debating on height, light spill being a concern, but this would let us put it lower and still have good access

The fixture has worked well for me. Light spillage isn't too bad but you could get it pretty close to the water with the movable arm.

That's a sweat looking fixture! What t5 combo to you plane on running?

Thanks! I have a bunch of extras but first combo will be 2 blue +, coral +, purple +

ended up ordering the TV mount for this floating canopy, really like the idea. Thanks man!

Cool! Post some pics up once you get it made!

Sweet tank man! I just read through all your post, and what a build! Can you post a little writeup on your sump? I like the idea of using a plastic tub instead of a aquarium. Any concern of chemicals leaching into water from it?

Hey Nanofever, it's been awhile since I checked out your thread. I love the light fixture and can't wait to see it over the tank.

That is one fat happy wrasse, too!

Very nice looking wrasse. We went to Elmer's yesterday to look at wrasses actually, but all we saw were lots of sixlines and a yellow coris.

Sweet tank man! I just read through all your post, and what a build! Can you post a little writeup on your sump? I like the idea of using a plastic tub instead of a aquarium. Any concern of chemicals leaching into water from it?

rturiak Thanks for the compliment and checking it all out! The sump is an old wet dry filter from many years ago my dad had on his 75G. I guess I never thought of leaching due to him having a fantastic tank with no issues and I havent had any signs of anything like that yet. The water goes in through the top and runs through 4 trays. I just use filter floss in all of them and change them in rotation every couple of weeks. It is kinda loud because of all the falling water and I have thought about getting a aquarium and DIY my own at some point but hard to swap out something that is working for me. :) After the trays is a bubble trap and I just tossed in my extra live rock. Also within the sump I have a IM mini reactor that runs a small amount of carbon and then I have my 3.5 Bubble Magus Skimmer and my Sicce 2.0 return. I can send you some closer pics of the sump if you would like.

Hey Nanofever, it's been awhile since I checked out your thread. I love the light fixture and can't wait to see it over the tank.

That is one fat happy wrasse, too!

Thanks V, I cant wait to see my light either! Just got my hanging kit today and need to work out the wiring for when all my new LDD's come in! I have been watching those ponies of your and I am still amazed! :)

Very nice looking wrasse. We went to Elmer's yesterday to look at wrasses actually, but all we saw were lots of sixlines and a yellow coris.

Thanks! Ya I wanted something a little different and Elmers actually had her. I like the 6 lines but all the ones I ever had were mean! I keep going looking for some small sand dwelling gobies for my final fish but cant find anything unique!

Just read thru your tank thread. Great looking tank and all kinds of nice coral. I love your leopard wrasse! I found it pretty cool that you have some frags from living reef as that is one of my go to places and probably 50% of my coral has been bought there. Do you see much of your pom pom crab? I have one, but only see it maybe 1 time every couple of weeks. Tagging along.

Archived