Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a special delivery today at work...:) Split a shipment with my step dad off the Cherry Corals sale a few weeks ago!

Box

C8DE4FA8-E7D5-46E6-BE67-E64C13568CFC.jpg

Unboxing. They shipped awesome!

86008D4D-DE88-426F-9FF3-C06728FBC623.jpg

Office Tank acclimation.

8ECD4501-BC63-40CE-8FCB-29B22450E284.jpg

oh man they sent you all the samples from costco eh?

jokes jokes

love this build! wish i could hide my wires as good as you!!

oh man they sent you all the samples from costco eh?

jokes jokes

love this build! wish i could hide my wires as good as you!!

HAHA ya lots of costco samples! :)

Thanks!

Here are some pics of what I got shortly after they were dipped and acclimated. Will get better pics of them tonight hopefully!

Ricordia, Bam Bams, and Stellar Blues

A91921E3-CE1D-4B65-AD21-6B720ADE0AE9.jpg

SPS from Left to right, Most Upscale Microclados, Strawberry Shortcake, Purple Dreams, Poseidon Tort
A7DFB0EA-8456-4624-B5E1-43D96BE48176.jpg

Loving this tailspot blenny and now know what all the fuss is about. They are really neat. Anywho, here are some FTS I took last night with the cell.

A9383F8B-F568-4A7E-8EBF-75230228F7A7.jpg

A81DCF21-5F29-4F29-BAC0-E603B6026E24.jpg

2D6EA46A-329F-4256-95CC-FA9945630251.jpg

2A8271E5-4207-4182-B32B-32A24B22A971.jpg

So I have been testing the jebao doser over the past couple of days with rodi and it's about a 1/4 mL off per 1 mL. I adjusted my dosing for it. Starting dosing today so we will see how it goes. Starting extremely low and will adjust from there. Tank is using about .5 dkh a day.

So I have been testing the jebao doser over the past couple of days with rodi and it's about a 1/4 mL off per 1 mL. I adjusted my dosing for it. Starting dosing today so we will see how it goes. Starting extremely low and will adjust from there. Tank is using about .5 dkh a day.

Just ordered my dp4 today. keep us posted on your experience, and I will chime in once mine arrives (should be by friday).

Just ordered my dp4 today. keep us posted on your experience, and I will chime in once mine arrives (should be by friday).

Nice, so far its running great and steady since I installed it. Been holding my DkH steady and I am going to slowly raise it with water changes as everything seems to be loving it so far. Already starting to see some slight coloring coming back into some SPS. Too subtle to photo but definitely changing. :) Only time will tell how long the pump lasts/stays consistent. Let me know what you think when you get it. What do you plan on dosing? Right now I only have Alk and Ca. Thinking about what else I should dose in the other 2 pumps.

So did some more testing and dkh, ca, and mg are all holding steady with the new doser still. Was wondering if any know if it's best to raise dkh with a few water changes closer together than normal or raise my dosing a little until it raises to my desired levels. Don't want to raise it too fast but would like a higher dkh than than 6. Although my ca(450) seems ok, my mg (1480) seems pretty high. Thoughts?

I've seen this tank in person and it is really sharp. Great dimensions and aesthetics

Thanks reefin ric! :)

I love my pico tank, you went with a bean animal right?

Ya I went with the PicO and with a bean animal. So glad I did. Its super quiet and Chris does amazing work and love my PicO too. He will be making all my future tanks for sure!

So did a water change on Sat and it spiked my Dkh from 6-8. More where I wanted it to be but too drastic of a change and is causing my Orange monti some serious tissue loss as well as my Poseidon tort frag. Any ideas on what to do to mitigate the damage and save the corals other than just keep it steady and keep algae at bay?

Also, got confirmation that my gyre shipped today along with a Tunze ATO to replace my DIY Top Off. CANT WAIT TO SEE THESE IN ACTION!

So ordered a yellow assessor the other day and it arrived today. Half dead from Live Aquaria. Its still alive but swimming sideways and resting on the bottom of the breeder box on its side. Breathing really heavy. Not looking good for this little dude! :(

Assessor pulled through and is doing good. Also ordered some phyto and pods from key diver and started my own culture. Gyre still hasn't showed up due to "weather delays" according to UPS but should get it Monday!

80271988-5B6A-4859-A6E2-16466B4271A3.jpg

So I didn't have time to mess with the gyre much last night but I wanted to give a quick review of my first impressions due to it being in a smaller nano. The flow threw up alot of junk that was settled on the rocks ever after I blew them off with a turkey baster. All of the functions worked fantastic in a nano tank of my size except reverse. I blasted my sand bed. So only way to use reverse in a nano size tank would be bare bottom in my opinion. My first impression is great. Only time will tell how my corals respond! I will post a video later tonight.

Archived