SaltCritters.com

NanoFever's TRITON NANO!

NanoFever

Coral pro has very elevated levels. If you ever had to do a large water change, it would probably spike your ca/alk as it mixes to like 455-475mg/l and 12.3 - 12.7dKh. If that doesn't bother you, then by all means go for it. I used it on my first tank, but that was with no sps and mostly hardier corals. When I switched to my bigger tank and knew I would eventually want to add sps, I made the switch to the blue bucket.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coral pro has very elevated levels. If you ever had to do a large water change, it would probably spike your ca/alk as it mixes to like 455-475mg/l and 12.3 - 12.7dKh. If that doesn't bother you, then by all means go for it. I used it on my first tank, but that was with no sps and mostly hardier corals. When I switched to my bigger tank and knew I would eventually want to add sps, I made the switch to the blue bucket.

Thanks bud! Hopefully the LFS has the blue bucket in stock!

• 3 weeks later...

So lost a few corals from a massive alk spike from my salt issues and switch to Red Sea. Working on getting it under control. However, in the meantime my light is finally up and running!!! My Pcb board from O2 has some issues but got it running on some LDDs and my blufish mini.

A80FC0E6-84D5-42A6-9098-C68AC1987E82.jpg

Tank is lookin' good and love the video of the starfish invert thing.

Thanks! The basket star is cool he loves when I start feeding reef roids. His tentacles start going all over the place. :)

Thanks! The basket star is cool he loves when I start feeding reef roids. His tentacles start going all over the place. :)

That's what they are called. I remember Zia had/has one but I couldn't remember what they were. Are they related to brittle star fish?

Looks awesome! That basket star is super cool, never seen that before. Any concern of it eating a small fish?

Loving the light, I'm getting a heatsink from CNC Reef soon too. :)

Ya they are cool! Not that I am aware of. Everything I read states they just eat plankton type foods. Love the CNC heatsinks for sure! What one are your getting?!

Looks awesome! That basket star is super cool, never seen that before. Any concern of it eating a small fish?

Loving the light, I'm getting a heatsink from CNC Reef soon too. :)

Thanks Matty!

Dang just pure sexiness there.

Ya thats where I first saw them and wanted one! LOL! I am not sure how closely related they are to be honest.

That's what they are called. I remember Zia had/has one but I couldn't remember what they were. Are they related to brittle star fish?

Ya they are cool! Not that I am aware of. Everything I read states they just eat plankton type foods. Love the CNC heatsinks for sure! What one are your getting?!

Thanks Matty!

Ya thats where I first saw them and wanted one! LOL! I am not sure how closely related they are to be honest.

Thanks for the info on the star! I'm getting a custom 424 and doing 3 Nanobox arrays on it. :)

Thanks for the info on the star! I'm getting a custom 424 and doing 3 Nanobox arrays on it. :)

That's a sweet fixture too! Let me know when it's done would like to see how it turns out!

So my SPS are still dying and first LPS to show signs of death is my trumpet coral. Not sure whats going on or if it is just the delayed results of a bad batch of IORC. I have since switched to Red Sea but over the last couple weeks getting RTN on just about all my colonies and frags. Most are dead unfortunately. Everything else is happy and my parameters are once again stable.

Going to do a large water change this week and then headed to Costa Rica on Friday. Hopefully I will have something alive in my tank when I return from my honeymoon but not looking good at the moment! :(

Sorry to hear about your salt troubles :(

FWIW we use ESV salt and never had any issues with inconsistencies and we never get that "unhappy" response people always complain about after waterchanges. I even did 100% changes on the smaller tanks.

Have fun in Costa Rica. Hopefully everything stabilizes while you're gone and you come home to a happy tank.

oh bummer :(

Ya, stuff is melting like overnight. Its weird. :(

Sorry to hear about your salt troubles :(

FWIW we use ESV salt and never had any issues with inconsistencies and we never get that "unhappy" response people always complain about after waterchanges. I even did 100% changes on the smaller tanks.

Have fun in Costa Rica. Hopefully everything stabilizes while you're gone and you come home to a happy tank.

Ya I will see how this Red Sea works out after I get this under control and then we will see.

Sorry about the tank issues! Hope you have a great honeymoon! Do you have a tank sitter?

Thanks we cant wait! Ya, I have ReefinRicFlair coming over a few times to check up on things and my parents are going to feed on the days he isn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Well just got back from my honeymoon in Costa Rica and to my surprise everything looks like it did when I left. Only 2 SPS left so now its time to get serious and find out what the issue was and get it fixed. Whats weird is Clam, Zoa's and everything else looks great. Lost montis and Acros so not bugs. I am wondering if something got in the water that didnt belong as everything was a pretty rapid decline. I wouldnt think a change in salt from a bad batch of IORC would cause that much die off but what do I know. LOL! Havent got to edit all my go pro footage yet from my honeymoon but this was too cool to not post. Was snorkeling at the beach and randomly ran into this guy!

Awesome vid dude. Glad to hear everything survived well while you were gone! FTS?

Thanks dude! Dang I got home late and forgot. I'll get one up tomorrow!

costa rica sounds fun never been, congrats!

Thanks dude! We gave up our seats on our way home and got a free round trip. We are going back in January! :)

lilmatty5dimes

Thanks dude! We gave up our seats on our way home and got a free round trip. We are going back in January! :)

sweet. thats the way to do it.

sweet. thats the way to do it.

Hahaha! Heck ya dude. 3 days offshore fishing this time! Can't use the honeymoon excuse this time! Hahaha!

lilmatty5dimes

Hahaha! Heck ya dude. 3 days offshore fishing this time! Can't use the honeymoon excuse this time! Hahaha!

man my neighbor has a 26' shamrock and goes out all the time and for $100 i can go whenever he goes out.

Archived