inTank Media Baskets

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

I have to give it back to the guy who sold it to me. He has to send it back. I could always drop it while getting it out of the suv.....oops, my bad.

I'm just teasing...get your damn money back.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know. I'm not that big of a dick.

Would be pretty cool though....and I will definitely be missing t he video : ^ (

Nanofreak79

I'll make a boring video of the tank or something. Like I said before my luck could make this turn into a total shit storm.

I'll make a boring video of the tank or something. Like I said before my luck could make this turn into a total shit storm.

Nah, you'll be fine ... your tank on the other hand will be going to meet its maker.

Nanofreak79

I can't decide on a tank. This one was perfect for me, besides the jacked up seam of course. I really like the cad 45 gallon tank but wish it was a little longer. Plus I have to spend more money which eats into other stuff I needed/wanted.

Is it not possible for someone to custom build a tank to the dimensions you like? I don't know how much those things cost over there but I paid about $200 for my DT and sump to be made and drilled.

Is it not possible for someone to custom build a tank to the dimensions you like? I don't know how much those things cost over there but I paid about $200 for my DT and sump to be made and drilled.

I'm gonna guess there aren't a ton of custom tank builders in MN.

Another one, they are semi-local to me would be Great Lakes Aquariums in Warren,MI.... But I think their shipping is fairly pricey, and I have heard mixed on them, one guy recently ordered like a 300-400ish gallon tank and it came in with scratches on the glass already after waiting like 4 months past when it was supposed to arrive in the 1st place or some shit, but alot of people like them too :wacko:

The other option would be.... how would you feel about making your own tank?? :)

Nanofreak79
Wow. I can't believe you only paid that much. Your tank and sump set up are pretty sweet. The only builder I know of does acrylic tanks. There the ones who made my 20 long. How much is shipping from Cape Town...lol

I'm gonna guess there aren't a ton of custom tank builders in MN. Another one, they are semi-local to me would be Great Lakes Aquariums in Warren,MI.... But I think their shipping is fairly pricey, and I have heard mixed on them, one guy recently ordered like a 300-400ish gallon tank and it came in with scratches on the glass already after waiting like 4 months past when it was supposed to arrive in the 1st place or some shit, but alot of people like them too :wacko: The other option would be.... how would you feel about making your own tank?? :)
That sucks about your tank being all messed up. I'd be super bummed if that happened to me. I'll check out your local builder. If things turn bad I have someone to blame then. I don't want to build my own giant tank. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I'd like to build a small pico tank. :)

That sucks about your tank being all messed up. I'd be super bummed if that happened to me. I'll check out your local builder. If things turn bad I have someone to blame then. I don't want to build my own giant tank. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I'd like to build a small pico tank. :)

Yeah it wasn't my tank, biggest I've had (so far) was my 180 other then my empty frag tank but thats actually only got 120g of water LOL

I want to build my own giant glass tank, but its a few years down the road still.... hopefully in a different state. I have heard it isn't that bad and with the proper silicone and patience it will hold up with the best of em ;) But I totally hear ya, as much as I'd like to I will still likely leave it to a pro lol

Nanofreak79

I got my money back and will return this one after I recieve my new tank. I'm ordering the artisan 2 cadlights 45 gallon, tank and sump.

Good news man,glad to hear they decided to do the right thing. Good choice on the cadlights mannnne.

NorthGaHillbilly

Glad to hear it turned out man, I think im going to go with the 30 gallon DB, even tho I would have loved to push the envolope and keep a kole tang in the 60.

Glad to hear it worked out in your favor, Cad tank sounds good, hope u like it. Can't wait to see what u do with that beauty

Nanofreak79

Thanks guys! I'm super stoked about this purchase. This should be a nice tank. It's a little more nano too. I opted to not get there return pump or skimmer. I already have a skimmer and dc return I'll be using. Depending on what I do or how I feel I might take one of the three mp10's and use one on the 17 gallon.

Here's the new baby.

http://flic.kr/p/nyRsjV'>14155269049_5c19424e41.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nyRsjV'>My Photo Stream-581 by -Nanofreak79-

That looks like a pretty sweet set up man, glad to hear they didn't drag their feet on the return anymore so you can get this one going! :)

Nanofreak79
That looks like a pretty sweet set up man, glad to hear they didn't drag their feet on the return anymore so you can get this one going! :)
Thanks Chris. Hopefully everything arrives in top shape.

So when is the new tank due to be delivered?
Not sure yet. I just ordered yesterday and I used the internet not the phone. I did get back money for not getting the skimmer or return.
Nanofreak79

Was wondering that myself. I know they have my money, and there stock shows one less tank.......one would assume they would have told me by now. I'm gonna give em a ring on Monday. Hopefully they ship it out Monday, in a perfect world of course.

I also realized I don't have the box for my dc pump. I'm hoping there plumbing matches up for the return. I don't know where the extra hose fitting is. I know that one was a smaller diameter than I'm using now. I just remember from reading other threads that there plumbing is goofy size.

Nanofreak79

I'm not that smart. I'd buy them and use em once, most likely to get mad my return won't work. I did however just replace brake calipers. Lol

Thanks guys! I'm super stoked about this purchase. This should be a nice tank. It's a little more nano too. I opted to not get there return pump or skimmer. I already have a skimmer and dc return I'll be using. Depending on what I do or how I feel I might take one of the three mp10's and use one on the 17 gallon.

Here's the new baby.

14155269049_5c19424e41.jpgMy Photo Stream-581 by -Nanofreak79-

I have this exact tank. I love it :)

Archived