Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

They screwed up on multiple standards for being a "big company". 1st- they should have taken more time to thoroughly packag the stand parts correctly to avoid this mishap,2nd-they should have overnighted you the piece(s) you needed,regardless of the price,you paid for a complete stand,not a partial one,3-compensation for having to wait.

If I was them,I'd do whatever I could as a reputable company to keep my feedback,reviews and returning customers high/good. End of story.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any further updates from Cadlights?

I'm sure they said.... just wait, it will get there when it arrives..... aka we suck :) lol

Whoo Hoo!!! And love the artwork above the tank again. I'm really becoming a fan of themed art above tanks. To me it just completes it I guess because I feel we are creating works of art.

Nanofreak79

Alright, I'm to lazy to go and quote everybody, but thanks for all the comments. This day sucked, it was one disaster after another. My easy move turned upside down once I had the old tank about emptied. My reefkeeper decided to act a fool and continuously turn on and off all outlets. I tried reprogramming things and from there it got worse, sounding alarms and probes going bat shit crazy. I finally ended up factory resetting the whole shebang......finally fixed and onto reprogramming the whole thing again. Thank god I marked off the pc4's and there series of order for nothing.

I also found out that I hate my cadlights PLS-50. We've had a long track record. It never worked well, was a pain in the ass to set right and now it went nuts. I went to change my media in all my reactors today as well as move the tank. I went to open the door and had water overflowing the sump. My skimmer had been overflowing and somehow pushing water over the bracket causing a water to spill into the stand. I ended up removing the sump to clean up the mess. Thank god I silicones around all the interior stand seams. Possibly worst disaster averted and good thing my ATO is small. It emptied almost 2 gallons of water. Now my salinity is all jacked and I'm out of water from the move. Skimmer has been decomsionined.

My wrasse decided to bury himself in the tank and I spent about 30 minutes searching through sand with basically no water in it, only to find nothing. Then bam, right before I start the clean up process for the other tank he flops out off the sand. I immediately picked him up and tossed him into the new tank......not looking so hot, and probably should have not thrown him in. He's since disappeared? Probably back into the sand. If he doesn't make it my two strawberry crabs will have a nice midnight snack. All other fish made the move unharmed!

More things to say, believe it or not. Lol. I'll keep it to this short story. And post a few of the crappiest iPad pics I could get in the turmoil. Promise to use the camera tomorrow. :)

14479435896_8a90853917.jpg20140624-233015-1 by -Nanofreak79-

14315938359_882aa3f396.jpg20140624-233151-2 by -Nanofreak79-

14315939179_ca2797b105.jpg20140624-233228-3 by -Nanofreak79-

14315944158_749c6566d9.jpg20140624-233522-5 by -Nanofreak79-

That sounds like a crazy adventure. Much better than my story about simultaniously acclimating a new Springeri Dottyback and tearing the tank apart to catch my saddleback clown to trade it out for the black ocellaris in my frag tank that happened today.

Nanofreak79

The adventures of reefing! It's all in a long days work. My back is killing me. Can't even bend down.

Oh and I think my sump level is to low with the baffles. Skimmer is not working again. Might need to look into a skimmer that needs less water level.

Nanofreak79

Thanks, and yes finally wet! Worry about the skimmer later. Or maybe it will come alive like last time. Lol

This is certainly one thing HOBs have on the in sump skimmers. No figureing out water levels. Even if they are a bit unsightly.

Spiderguardnano

cadlights is like your kryptonite

can't wait to see when everything is settled

btw how many tanks do you have now?

But i do like your sump. how much do they charge for sumps?

Nanofreak79
This is certainly one thing HOBs have on the in sump skimmers. No figureing out water levels. Even if they are a bit unsightly.
I always did HOB equipment for the longest, then I used a sump. Hard to go back. My reef octo HOB's were some of the best skimmers actually. I'm kinda wishing I didn't opt out of the PLS-100.

cadlights is like your kryptonite can't wait to see when everything is settled btw how many tanks do you have now? But i do like your sump. how much do they charge for sumps?
Lol, thanks. I have four tanks right now. The 20 long is being replaced or having a sump thrown on it. Still deciding what to do.The sump was part of the whole tank package. Cad does do custom work or I'm sure sell the same sump to anyone with money. Lol

Archived