Cultivated Reef

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

Now I just need to be patient and watch my sps color back up. I accidentally messed up my percentages on my light and didn't realize it until I seen my sps looking like crap and all bleached out. There slowly coming back!

Nanofreak79

Just finished hooking up DJ power bars to replace my RKL system. When I moved the tank the controller went all wonky. When I turned off the power in feed mode, the outlets would come on randomly while some blink. I only own a Mac, so it's impossible to use there software. I've also tried a full reset of the system twice. Digital aquatics is about as useful as a bull with tits. I've called and emailed for a week now with no response. I think I'm going to try and use the Neptune system controllers.

Just finished hooking up DJ power bars to replace my RKL system. When I moved the tank the controller went all wonky. When I turned off the power in feed mode, the outlets would come on randomly while some blink. I only own a Mac, so it's impossible to use there software. I've also tried a full reset of the system twice. Digital aquatics is about as useful as a bull with tits. I've called and emailed for a week now with no response. I think I'm going to try and use the Neptune system controllers.

I'll have you know cows are extremely useful sir. :P

Sucks about the controller. Sell it to someone that can fix it. Or get a cheap laptop and try fixing the controller then return the laptop the next day.

Nanofreak79

Do you think many run without controllers? I've always used RKL's except for one tank where I owned an apex. I don't have money for two apex systems. I thought about buying a cheap laptop. I have a laptop, but it's got the blue screen virus going on. I'm mad I have so much invested in there systems.

I have bought a laptop at walmart and used it and then returned it.. lol... glad to know I'm not the only naughty person out there..

Nanofreak79

Been up all night.....had to figure this out. I finally got my RKL's working! I used my kids desktop to update and clear all the modules. Whatever I did worked, and all modules and systems are working.

Finally got caught up with your thread nano, you have too damn many lmao. Tanks looking great tho!

what he said^^^ more pics!

Nanofreak79

Here's a quick video I made. Gotta go to a double header tonight. Used my iPad....not the best res.

FlowerMama

Wonderful! It's always so exciting to watch tanks moving! And when I get a new phone I'm going to do my best to learn how to make videos, so much more fun.

Here's a quick video I made. Gotta go to a double header tonight.

Lucky, I'd love to watch a good double header ;) lol

Used my iPad....not the best res.

Tank looks good man :)

Nanofreak79

Don't chew own a double header. Lmao!

Wonderful! It's always so exciting to watch tanks moving! And when I get a new phone I'm going to do my best to learn how to make videos, so much more fun.
Thanks! I only have used the iPad, although tomorrow I might try out my point and shoot to see what it does. My DSLR doesn't do video.
Nanofreak79

Ordered a new skimmer. My BM curve 5 just doesn't have the proper water depth to work properly. Should be here Saturday. Stay tuned!

Nanofreak79

Got my new skimmer......it's a lot smaller than I envisioned. I'll most likely buy the larger model and put this one in my z and p tank. Idk, for now it's a skimmer that works. My BM didn't have enough water height to work. Can't complain too much for the $89.00 I paid through amazon.http://flic.kr/p/nVV6Cj]14393626278_cd6416fe8b.jpg[/url]http://flic.kr/p/nVV6Cj]20140705-110334-2 by -Nanofreak79-[/url]http://flic.kr/p/nVUSoW]14393581770_407aac5401.jpg[/url]http://flic.kr/p/nVUSoW]20140705-112123-3 by -Nanofreak79-[/url]

Love the skimmer mane. I really like the look of those and heard the performance is pretty good. How big is it ?

Nanofreak79

4x7x18" roughly. It's a little smaller footprint than the BM I had, but I've heard good things and the price was right.

I'm gonna mail out your skimmer on Monday.....or today if my lazy azz can get over there. Lol

Nanofreak79

I'm gonna go ahead and like that. Lol. I expected a bigger skimmer honestly, yes I know it shows dims. My BM wasn't producing any skim even with raising the water level as much as I could for the sump. I don't have the cash for the skimmer I wanted and for one that works in shallow depths. I have a high bio load so no skimming is bad for me. Hopefully this breaks in and does the job for now. It fits in my ten gallon sump which is where it'll go when I get a better skimmer. I've read lots of good reviews? I dunno, fine for now.

Hahaha oh come on ya bummmm !!! It's all good man,whatever works.

I'm sure with what give got in the tank,it'll break in and create skim real quick. All will be well in the zoa garden.

Archived