ReefCleaners.org

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Thanks, and I ran the skimmer for about 6 months back when I had my picoaquariums tank. For a nano skimmer it's pretty sweet. I actually replaced my tunze 9002 with it and had better skim.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really ? Maybe that's why so many people sell theirs. I just cannot get it to stop making micro bubbles. It did the same thing after about 3-4 months in my brother n laws 15 gallon... Any ideas ? I'm thinking of maybe putting a piece of sponge in the bubble trap but idk.. It's pissing me off so bad.

Nanofreak79

I just sold a brand new one to 1sttimereefer. She sent me pics of hers broken in and stopped producing mad micro bubble. Hers broke in in a few weeks? Can't remember when I sold it, but it hasn't been that long. Having to use material to stop it is annoying on it's own. Maybe there just not enough of a slime/bacterial coating. Maybe PM her and see what she's doing. Mine did produce bubbles all over the tank for quite some time.

Pic she sent 5 days ago.http://flic.kr/p/o2eZ83'>14453894004_633aa7b98f.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/o2eZ83'>20140618-190601-1 by -Nanofreak79-

Hmmm,that's weird. It should have been fine even after a few months,but meet stopped. Here's what mine is looking like:

image-20.jpg

image-21.jpg

My brother n law lost the lid to the collection cup.. So this is what I'm using for the meantime:

image-22.jpg

Nanofreak79

I think I can see the micro bubbles in the first pic. The cover is a good idea, or even a pice of acrylic. Idk what to say other than others have had your same experience with micro bubbles. They should calm down though, or by now.

I tried a piece if acrylic,but pressure builds up and it pushes the silicone off lol. It scared me one night. It's a decent skimmer.. But irritating.

So how you liking the new setup besides the hold up on the stand piece ?

Nanofreak79

If I could get the stand together I think it's a great tank. I'm thinking of going bare bottom......not sure. I have a pistol shrimp that wouldn't like it. I think I might miss the sand look.

Nanofreak79

Today's the day I'm suppose to recieve my stand piece! I have my kids baseball game at 4:30.....let's hope fedex shows up before that. I'd like to get the stand togehter before I leave. Possibly a late night transfer, I'll see how I feel. All assuming the piece shows up.

Nanofreak79

Well, guess what. Yep, I got screwed. No piece showed up and cad didn't answer there phone or my email today. Wtf? I guess Monday is the day, just like I told the dude was gonna happen, which he assured me it wouldn't.

I blame the postal service. Credit where credit is due.

1100000% Cad is to blame. Had they over nighted it, or even better packaged it properly to include every ####ing piece like they should have he would already have his shit!

Nanofreak79
1100000% Cad is to blame. Had they over nighted it, or even better packaged it properly to include every ####ing piece like they should have he would already have his shit!
Were thinking alike. After the post in there forum spot, I received my phone call. Needless to say I'm still ####ed on getting my shizz on time.

I blame the postal service. Credit where credit is due.
Cop out....lol

Were thinking alike. After the post in there forum spot, I received my phone call. Needless to say I'm still ####ed on getting my shizz on time.

Its just common sense/ customer service 101 IMO.... you ####ed up big, dude trusted you, and your going to dick around some more.... no, not if you want him to buy another whatever from you ;)

Cop out....lol

completely

What is it w/ customer service anymore!!!! Can't anybody deliver normal customer service, it's not right that this is the norm anymore. That pisses me off too.

Nanofreak79

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. Like I told Jason, it should have been handled different. Excuses and apologies don't matter. If all I was missing was the sponge, I'd be in ok shape about the wait.

I worked in retail for years as a cashier. And what is ironic about customer service is that is usually where employers put their least friendly, disgruntled employees that they dont feel like firing because they are lazy managers who dont want to go thru the hiring process again.

they would rather have their friendlier people out in the store interacting and making sales.

AND this is why very few people have good experiences with customer service :lol:

What is it w/ customer service anymore!!!! Can't anybody deliver normal customer service, it's not right that this is the norm anymore. That pisses me off too.

Yeah it is pathetic, its crazy how these companies get away with this kinda shit and think its ok. They should fear being shut down by lack of sales from something like this, not making bullshit excuses to tide you over until you get whatever (if you even get it from some....). GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Nanofreak79

Now he's hulking out, great. Lol. I was just slamming my own head into the wall earlier.

I worked in retail for years as a cashier. And what is ironic about customer service is that is usually where employers put their least friendly, disgruntled employees that they dont feel like firing because they are lazy managers who dont want to go thru the hiring process again. they would rather have their friendlier people out in the store interacting and making sales. AND this is why very few people have good experiences with customer service :lol:
So true.

The disgruntled unfriendly employees where i work are that way because they try to go by policy and the managers go behind them and do whatever they please to make the customer happy making the associates look like they don't want to help the customers in the process.

The disgruntled unfriendly employees where i work are that way because they try to go by policy and the managers go behind them and do whatever they please to make the customer happy making the associates look like they don't want to help the customers in the process.

THIS!!! Also accurate!! haha

I have to say,their products are top notch "tank wise" but their communication isn't. Like when I ordered my 7 gallon,I never got a tracking number after a week and a half of calling and emails,I finally got ahold of them via the phone and they gave me my tracking number and the tank was at my local fu*king post office lol really ?!

Regardless of your stature of purchase big or small,it should have been over nighted to you. Sh*t even if it was just a sponge,they should still do everything in their power to get even the smallest of things shipped to you as fast as possible. Plain and simple,it's a good ethic for a company.

NorthGaHillbilly

Just caught up on the cad lights saga, damn man, can't in for losin, the tank looks like pure sexy tho

Nanofreak79

Well said bro. I'm bummin. This tank has been sitting on the kitchen table for too long. Stand is in pieces laying on the floor.

Just caught up on the cad lights saga, damn man, can't in for losin, the tank looks like pure sexy tho
Thanks, and yeah it's been a real bitch. Tank is sexy though. Looks better with my rock and coral in it I'm sure. Lol

Archived