Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, sorry you had such an ultimately frustrating day. It totally takes an exciting experience and makes you hate it all. At least the feeling is temporary and will go away. Still bites though. Hope your fish make it.

Nanofreak79

Just waiting for lights to ramp up a little more.......pics a coming. Had a super long day yesterday.

Nanofreak79
Nanofreak79

Thanks! Yeah, now we wait. Hopefully with everything all set and no more changes in sight it will be sooner than later. I'll keep you in mind when I start fragging.

How do you like the fine sand? I'm thinking about slowly (over time) swapping my larger grain for fine in my macro tank to encourage growth of all the little sand critters.

Nanofreak79

I'm really liking it. I haven't had this fine of sand in quite awhile. It doesn't seem to get blown around by the mp10's either, which is great. I actually thought it was bigger than what poured out, lol.

Added some more water to the sump. I'm now able to keep the BM curve 5 in there. It still seems to work ok, water flow wise.

Nanofreak79

It does need a little grow in. Most everything in there started as a frag of single polyps, sticks etc. slow and steady.

Nanofreak79
Love the new tank dimensions and rimless !!! *following*
Thanks, I'm actually liking the tank a little more than my previous DB tank. I thought stepping down to a foot less tank would be a problem rock wise. I just removed some pieces to the sump, those without coral, and everything fit nicely.

sorry if i missed it but what sand are you using?
It's call carab sea aragonite. It's the finer grain, which I didn't realize until pouring the bag, but it works, and looks really nice. My old aragonite had chunks of shells and pieces that bugged me a little bit.

Awesome tank!
Thanks
Nanofreak79

Thanks! I just put in and glued down the minion, ponape and ........one other acro, can't remember? Still need to glue down a few other zoa frags I have on some rubble rock. I ran out of patience after cutting up all the stupid plugs for the z and p tank.

Nanofreak79
Spiderguardnano

Looks amazing as always

can rics and zoas be placed on the same rock or will they try to kill each other?

also do you feed your zoas?

Fu*king sweet set up mange !!! The tank dank is looking awesome,keep me in mind too man when you frag,whew. I can't wait to see this thing fill in.

Nanofreak79
Hey, you got the new tank, I missed it. Looks great.
Thanks, yep brand new cad tank! Yay!

Looks amazing as always can rics and zoas be placed on the same rock or will they try to kill each other? also do you feed your zoas?
Thanks bro. I have zoas and paly's next to the rics. My rics are on two separate rocks, so I just placed them close to the other coral to fill in spots. I don't feed anything besides the BTA, directly, just broadcast feed with reef roids and some elos and zeo products, sparingly.

Fu*king sweet set up mange !!! The tank dank is looking awesome,keep me in mind too man when you frag,whew. I can't wait to see this thing fill in.
I will! I have a few people in mind for when I can frag some goodies.

Archived