inTank Media Baskets

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

Pretty!

How come whenever people buy tanks online something always gets screwed up? I am terrified to have anything shipped to me. Broken stands, missing pieces, sometimes the tanks are a train wreck, 1sttimereefer's tank she ordered was all wrong... :blink:

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty!

How come whenever people buy tanks online something always gets screwed up? I am terrified to have anything shipped to me. Broken stands, missing pieces, sometimes the tanks are a train wreck, 1sttimereefer's tank she ordered was all wrong... :blink:

Scary part about that is that it wasn't through online- my lfs had to go through the Deep Blue Professional rep but she initially put the info online - interactions after that who knows what they were doing because they kept screwing it up. I don't trust either one of 'em.

I certainly do hope everything is good to go once you get the back piece. Because I know for me it totally made me lose my excitement for my tank.

Seems like there's always some issue with these tank or it's missing something. Let me guess the missing part wasn't overnighted either and depending on your location will take up to 7 days. What's with these companies taking 2 sometimes 3 chances to get it right? Hopefully you won't need more chances down the road.

Nanofreak79

I didn't ask if it was overnighted. I'm hoping they chose to fast ship the piece. It's just my luck to have this happen. Lol. I'm praying that this is the fix.

Sooooooooo.........I don't have the back panel. Cad is sending out today, but I'm still a little worried about the fit with the bottom panel then. I'm crossing my fingers that everything works out. Sucks that I now have a tank and sump and also the pieces of the stand laying all over the house. I'm happy with cads quick response in getting this out today, hoping it gets here by Friday.

I didn't ask if it was overnighted. I'm hoping they chose to fast ship the piece. It's just my luck to have this happen. Lol. I'm praying that this is the fix.

ALWAYS ask to have it overnighted its not your #### up its theirs so you shouldn't have to wait because it will save them a few bucks! If the phone rep can't do it ask to speak to a supervisor. If that guy can't ask for his supervisor.... they all have a boss somewhere and someone can make it happen if not ask for a return shipping label for the entire thing and see how quick they say no problem we can over night it :) But usually if your cool and polite about it most places will make it happen rather quickly if you ask, especially in this day n age when everything gets posted on the internet where their potential future clients are all at and can see that they douched it up or handled it properly ;)

Nanofreak79

I'm talking with them right now. They asked for pics of the stand, or pieces. I asked that a pre built unit be sent. I'll see how it plays out today.

U might be better off building it yourself. Shipping a whole stand assembled is tough. It might get there looking like your deep blue stands :(

My buddy has the same tank and I put his stand together in 30min. It's pretty simple. I opted for the artisan piano cabinet. Those do come assembled, but cost more money.

I'm talking with them right now. They asked for pics of the stand, or pieces. I asked that a pre built unit be sent. I'll see how it plays out today.

How'd it go?

Nanofreak79

I'm still waiting on a response. I talked to them on the phone as well. If they ship the stand freight it should be fine, not ups though. They don't have any other stand options.

I'm still waiting on a response. I talked to them on the phone as well. If they ship the stand freight it should be fine, not ups though. They don't have any other stand options.

Well they have the piano finish stands. They are very nice. It's the real wood cabinet they sell. Finish is very nice on it also. That's what I have. I was actually going to purchase that same tank! The dimensions are money!!

I ended up getting the 70 because of the cabinet. I wanted the white piano finish stand. Problem is it's only 30 tall. It might look a little funny for a shallow tank. I believe your stand is 36 tall which makes it more viewable.

Nanofreak79

There shipping the back panel standard ground. Not too happy about this since I won't receive it now until Monday.

There shipping the back panel standard ground. Not too happy about this since I won't receive it now until Monday.

Take 'em to court!

Nanofreak79

Ok, another update.....supposedly I'll get this by Friday. Still not great, but at least I'll be able to move everything by the weekend. The current tanks seam has gotten worse. All in all a great day. If I could go back I'd build another stand. I tried to make this easy on myself. Oh well, as I say you win some you always lose some. Lmao.

Take 'em to court!
Hahaha, yep I'm calling my lawyer right now.

Pics of the seam thats getting worse?? I woulda been all over them to get you the panel overnighted.... in a polite but stern make it right or I will send this shit back and go through my LFS (even if thats not an option) for a different tank made by their closest competitor ;) lol

Nanofreak79

Pics of the seam thats getting worse?? I woulda been all over them to get you the panel overnighted.... in a polite but stern make it right or I will send this shit back and go through my LFS (even if thats not an option) for a different tank made by their closest competitor ;) lol

I did finally call them and tell them I'd just return the whole thing. I got two sump sponges coming my way...lmfao. I really don't want to get rid of the tank, as I like it and it's built, from what I can tell, very well. He promised me the piece by Friday. I honestly didn't force the whole overnight thing. Believe it or not I'm not the the biggest jerk, lol, not that I had to, but it wasn't something I wanted to argue about. They were great when dealing with my skimmer and replacing the broken piece free of charge. I guess I took that into consideration. Jason was super apologetic and I must have talked to him 6-7 times about the stand and missing pieces issue. Honestly my personal life is kinda busy and this works out ok. Friday is a great day to get the stand together and Saturday start the move. I do agree they should have taken the initiative to go the extra mile and overnight the piece.

I did finally call them and tell them I'd just return the whole thing. I got two sump sponges coming my way...lmfao. I really don't want to get rid of the tank, as I like it and it's built, from what I can tell, very well. He promised me the piece by Friday. I honestly didn't force the whole overnight thing. Believe it or not I'm not the the biggest jerk, lol, not that I had to, but it wasn't something I wanted to argue about. They were great when dealing with my skimmer and replacing the broken piece free of charge. I guess I took that into consideration. Jason was super apologetic and I must have talked to him 6-7 times about the stand and missing pieces issue. Honestly my personal life is kinda busy and this works out ok. Friday is a great day to get the stand together and Saturday start the move. I do agree they should have taken the initiative to go the extra mile and overnight the piece.

If the seam is getting worse friday could be to late is my point....

Nanofreak79

Here's some seam pics. It might be hard to see, but the bubbles have traveled down further, and the view from the side shows clear glass now. Never mind the cyano. I think this sand I used is garbage. It showed up not to long after the tank was up. Idk? Diatoms too?http://flic.kr/p/nJPkdd'>14268019848_8054037d03.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nJPkdd'>My Photo Stream-937 by -Nanofreak79-http://flic.kr/p/nJPhvw'>14268010760_8903757b00.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nJPhvw'>My Photo Stream-936 by -Nanofreak79-

If the seam is getting worse friday could be to late is my point....
I brought that up. He asked if I had enough buckets to keep my stuff in in the meantime. Urm negative.
Nanofreak79

I totally agree. I didn't push the overnight thing. It's mostly my fault, but I wish they would have thought about it from a customer point of view and not made it my deal to bitch them out. I've had so much other shizz going on that I didn't have it in me to get all crazy about it. My wife even said she couldn't believe I dealt with it the way I did. Lmao, that's says something.

Nanofreak79

Pics of the tank! The overflow is glass overlaid with a Black acrylic. Seams are top notch from what I can tell. Sump is built decent, not perfect silicone, but I like it's overall build quality. It's much bigger than my current sump which is nice for reactors and if you wanted a small fuge, although I won't be running one. It did come with a small fuge light. The filter sock holder is my addition.

http://flic.kr/p/o2j9Ni'>14454707005_34ffdb626e.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/o2j9Ni'>IMG_8385 by -Nanofreak79-

http://flic.kr/p/nJPKTh'>14268102850_7dd5b74683.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nJPKTh'>IMG_8386 by -Nanofreak79-

http://flic.kr/p/nJPyNv'>14268065569_c6df719b19.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nJPyNv'>IMG_8383 by -Nanofreak79-

Oh fack !!! That sump gave me a chubby,it looks so clean and modern for a sump lmao.

I really want to get another tank ( a cube ) and a sump. And make a bad ass sump.

Quick question,how long did you run your aquaticlife mini skimmer for ?

Archived