ReefCleaners.org

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

Thanks, GH! I can't wait to order my lense. I'm hoping to pick one up soon. Sucks having the body just sitting there, with nothing to do.

Fixed the drain. Added a new bulkhead and hard plumbed the drain. Spa flex was leaking tiny drops down the outside tube. This thing is noisy as hell now. It's draining faster than before. The pump is set the same? Weird and annoying, I'll address it later.14008312240_ccabc3ffdc.jpgMy Photo Stream-935 by -Nanofreak79-

Adding FTS, now that the scape is done.

Mine was really noisy too, but I extended the tube so that the water comes out underwater. It's really quiet now.
  • Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am supplementing the razor over my 40 with a BuildMyLED strip across the front and I'll probably add one across the back as well. I'm not real happy with the spread and now that I own a PAR meter I question some of those numbers CoralVue posted. :)

Coming from 6 T5's directly over the tank I ended up with not enough light and am running 100% blue 90% white for 7 hours. Still getting some browning of a few corals.

I really do like the way it looks compared to T5, but I wish I bought the larger one, even though it sticks out wider than my tank. :)

FlowerMama

Mine was really noisy too, but I extended the tube so that the water comes out underwater. It's really quiet now.

Maybe that's what I'll do and avoid the sock.

Nanofreak79
So, is it noisy because of the thick pvc tubing so more is rushing down it? I'm still trying to learn all this. Thanks for showing this so I could see it. And now I see I need to figure out how to hold a sock up in chamber 1 where the skimmer is. So, did you have to slow it down so you put the valve at the end? How did you know you had to do that or is it there you just didn't have to turn it yet? I've seen those from the pump going out to control that speed but not going into the sock.
It's noisier from a higher flow rate running through the pipe. I turned the drain valve just slightly and it has since quieted the overflow. They have hang on sock holders fairly cheap.

So where da updates mange ?
Nothing really. I can get some pics up tomorrow. Most all the coral have settled in and gotten used to the new tank. Still trying to dial in the light without roasting my sps. My skimmer finally settled down and starting producing skim again.

Aye,I was just wondering because it's so weird and unusual to see this thing go 3 days without an update lol. Glad to hear everything's going good man !! Looking forward to the pictures.

Nanofreak79

I've been lazy and busy with kids baseball tournament.

I am supplementing the razor over my 40 with a BuildMyLED strip across the front and I'll probably add one across the back as well. I'm not real happy with the spread and now that I own a PAR meter I question some of those numbers CoralVue posted. :) Coming from 6 T5's directly over the tank I ended up with not enough light and am running 100% blue 90% white for 7 hours. Still getting some browning of a few corals. I really do like the way it looks compared to T5, but I wish I bought the larger one, even though it sticks out wider than my tank. :)
I'm so far happy with the light. I might in the future add another nano razor, but not sure. I keep all my sps in the middle ish section of the tank. My stuff looks to be ok. Some of the sps are moved and those spots that were once shaded are coming back in color.

Maybe that's what I'll do and avoid the sock.
I always run socks to cut down on all the crap that ends up in the sump.
Nanofreak79

They developed once filled. I've seen them happen in my aqueon breeder tank. Just worries me a little. I've sent DB an email with pics.

what is it?
Bubbles in the tank seam
Nanofreak79

Noticed about three days ago. They have gotten to this point from hardly noticable.

It's from half way up from the bottom. This happened to two of my breeder tanks as well. It's a little concerning. Although it could be ok.

FlowerMama

Eh I didn't have any fingernails left anyways.

Does anybody have fingernails in this hobby where your hands are in salt all the time? Dries mine out big time, not like they were anything before this.

Nanofreak79

Now I'm nervous, I just checked mine but so far so good but I will be checking on it.

It's not unusual, even in a high end rimless tank for some bubbling to occur. Basically the pressure from the water produces air pockets to show up in the seams. Mine is only on one side, or pronounced on one side. I sent an email to deep blue. They will have there "smart" guys/gals look at the pic and tell me it's ok or not.

Does anybody have fingernails in this hobby where your hands are in salt all the time? Dries mine out big time, not like they were anything before this.

My hands and fingers are dry and full of super glue, usually.

Eh I didn't have any fingernails left anyways.

Then I have nothing to worry about.

Check this out! I just checked my email. I sent this literally 2 hours ago and already have a reply. It pretty much states what I thought,but needed a little reassurance.

Hello Jon, The aquarium and seal is intact and you have nothing to worry about. Those are micro-bubbles which are introduced during the curing process. Unfortunately the black seal makes them more noticeable compared to clear sealant. Your aquarium is safe to use. Hope this helps. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for choosing Deep Blue Professional.DBP Customer Service

Archived