Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

Just looked in my sump and the curve 5 is now producing mad bubbles. It was overflowing the cup! I guess my cleaning made a difference. Must have been so clean it needed to break in. Too bad I already ordered another skimmer. :(

You shoulda ordered the one I told you about over the sca...... I'm not really impressed with the 301 I have.... It is ok but nothing special like some make it seem. I'd bet that most of the rave reviews come from newbs, or people that had no skimmer before.

And with the little difference in price (from the 301, I think the 302 is about the same...) the one I told you about will blow both the 301 and 302 away I bet... and thats if you ran them together lol

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

My bubble magus started working like a champ again.

You shoulda ordered the one I told you about over the sca...... I'm not really impressed with the 301 I have.... It is ok but nothing special like some make it seem. I'd bet that most of the rave reviews come from newbs, or people that had no skimmer before. And with the little difference in price (from the 301, I think the 302 is about the same...) the one I told you about will blow both the 301 and 302 away I bet... and thats if you ran them together lol
I ordered it when I had no skimmer working. Basically it was much cheaper, and I needed something. Doesn't mean if it sucks I won't change it out for another BM. Thanks though!

Can't you just cancel the order ? I'm sure it won't ship out until tomorrow or Tuesday anyways lol.
It says it already shipped, for Monday arrival. I can check though. Is everyone totally against this skimmer? It got good reviews for what I've read and videos. Idk?
Nanofreak79

Me too. I've owned three BM skimmers and love them. I purchased this because I only had so much cash available right now. My curve is exploding with bubbles, I can't even put the collection cup on. Hopefully it settles down. I'm not against keeping it, but I didn't read anything about the sca being a complete turd or anything.

Just sell the SCA skimmer when it comes in if you can't cancel the order. When they were having their save last year and I almost got one,I had nothing but good things about them from a quick google search and all on different forums.

Nanofreak79

I posted a thread for it, I also cannot cancel, it says in transit. I can send it back though, no problem. I just send moderators a message to get rid of FS thread. Right now my BM is going nuts with bubbles.....hahahaha, having exact opposite problem.

At least you got it working. Same thing happened with my Aquatic Life mini skimmer. It pulled thick tea color 'skim for the longer and once I cleaned it,it wasn't the same for about a week then started pulling gunk again.

I'm still debating if I'm going to run that skimmer again or just do 4-5 gallon water changes a week.

For it being as cheap as it is,and as small as it is,it's decent little skimmer. I got mine on sale for only $45 lol not bad. It only took like 2.5-3 weeks to break it,it was so damn annoying.

My bubble magus started working like a champ again.

I ordered it when I had no skimmer working. Basically it was much cheaper, and I needed something. Doesn't mean if it sucks I won't change it out for another BM. Thanks though!

You woulda been fine for a while with just water changes... besides this is the skimmer for the new tank right.... you will be adding a decent amount of new fresh clean water, no need to rush ;) lol

I have the 302 (thought it was the 301, picked it up for $100 NIB) but yeah if I had a do over, I woulda just bought the bm I showed you again. I heard nothing but good, and its not horrible but IMO its worth spending the little ($55) more (new vs. new prices) for the other one that is a better build quality, bigger, and could actually handle alot closer to what it is rated for. I wouldn't put the 302 on anything bigger then a 40B really unless your lightly stocked and have alot of decent bio-filtration.

FlowerMama

Tank and bulkheads ready to go! Move scheduled for tomorrow......

14141833736_77c0d4922b.jpgMy Photo Stream-631 by -Nanofreak79

I know there aren't any instructions to the plumbing kit - so you have everything connected up ready to go? any tips? I do have a hardier set of bulkheads, I was told theirs were cheap and wouldn't hold up.

Nanofreak79

Thanks guys! Getting all the little things together for the move right now. I plan on starting in the morning and hopefully have it done that night. I figure it'll take a little bit for the sand to settle. I'm a pro at not having a milky cloud of sand, so I'm not too worried. Purchased a python water changer to suck out the sump and make it easier for future water changes on all my tanks as well.

I know there aren't any instructions to the plumbing kit - so you have everything connected up ready to go? any tips? I do have a hardier set of bulkheads, I was told theirs were cheap and wouldn't hold up.
They have cheaper bulkheads, but I'm using them. I used them on my 34. I have heard they aren't as good, which I agree with, as far as being less heavy duty compared to ones you'd get at BRS for example. I have all the bulkheads and upper plumbing together. I can take some pics if you want? It's a fairly simple, straight forward plumbing layout. It's almost like easy puzzle pieces.

http://flic.kr/p/nzJJGD'>14165274845_7b9ff9e69f.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nzJJGD'>My Photo Stream-633 by -Nanofreak79-http://flic.kr/p/nzJK6e'>14165276155_c1034cd569.jpghttp://flic.kr/p/nzJK6e'>My Photo Stream-634 by -Nanofreak79-

FlowerMama

Thanks guys! Getting all the little things together for the move right now. I plan on starting in the morning and hopefully have it done that night. I figure it'll take a little bit for the sand to settle. I'm a pro at not having a milky cloud of sand, so I'm not too worried. Purchased a python water changer to suck out the sump and make it easier for future water changes on all my tanks as well.

They have cheaper bulkheads, but I'm using them. I used them on my 34. I have heard they aren't as good, which I agree with, as far as being less heavy duty compared to ones you'd get at BRS for example. I have all the bulkheads and upper plumbing together. I can take some pics if you want? It's a fairly simple, straight forward plumbing layout. It's almost like easy puzzle pieces.

Any pics would surely be helpful to me if you don't mind. Then I can take out my kit and look at your pic and look at my kit and understand more of what they're for. :)

I have a sca 301 running in a biocube 14 that I drilled and added a 7g sump to. I will say that it definitely works way better than the biocube skimmers, and better than my coralife super skimmer 125. Only other skimmer I have owned was a seaclone 100, which was a joke of a skimmer in my opinion. I would run the curve 5, you currently have going, as it seems to be a much better skimmer. Good luck with the move tomorrow. hope all is smooth sailing.

Nanofreak79
I have a sca 301 running in a biocube 14 that I drilled and added a 7g sump to. I will say that it definitely works way better than the biocube skimmers, and better than my coralife super skimmer 125. Only other skimmer I have owned was a seaclone 100, which was a joke of a skimmer in my opinion. I would run the curve 5, you currently have going, as it seems to be a much better skimmer. Good luck with the move tomorrow. hope all is smooth sailing.

Dreaming tonight of smooth sailing! Hopefully I can sleep. Having a little anxiety.

New tank looks great man. The tank behind it also. Wtheck, have you even been updating the thread for the tank behind it? lol

Nice, I have to say, you got 3 nice tanks coming along really nice. I see totm potential in every each one of them. :)

Nanofreak79

Yeah, no thread. I just started doing threads for my tanks. I had four tanks previously. Three of those were crammed into the 34. This is why I'm upgrading, it's just too cramped.

I see. Damn, can't wait for these tanks to grow in. So far, I'm loving every diversity of rockscapes you came up with.

Archived