Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanofreaks Shallow 45 CADlight

Nanofreak79

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexy........

Hello Jon, The aquarium and seal is intact and you have nothing to worry about. Those are micro-bubbles which are introduced during the curing process. Unfortunately the black seal makes them more noticeable compared to clear sealant. Your aquarium is safe to use. Hope this helps. If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for choosing Deep Blue Professional.DBP Customer Service

Ask lawnman what he thinks about those and if the tank is safe to use......

FlowerMama

How high is the water in the overflow area? I'm thinking of putting a Cobalt 100 in there on the internal black side and putting the heater you have in my sump. I think I feel safer using 2 heaters instead of one just because the basement temperature always remains at 67 or 68. And I figure for longevity if both heaters don't have to work as hard they'll last longer.

And did you make the cover for your overflow yourself?

Nanofreak79

Thanks jack. I've had this on 40 breeders and my 34, although not quite as much. You guys really think it's that bad.

Thanks jack. I've had this on 40 breeders and my 34, although not quite as much. You guys really think it's that bad.

Pretty sure thats what lawns looked like before both of his gave out/ started leaking.....

Nanofreak79

I'm still unsure. No other formations have occurred. I had a similar issue with the 34, but no issues for a year and a half. Idk, part of me is bothered the other says it's air pockets, which do occur and are more noticable in black silicone. Not to mention it's a 48x24x12 rimless tank. What do I do buy another different tank?

How high is the water in the overflow area? I'm thinking of putting a Cobalt 100 in there on the internal black side and putting the heater you have in my sump. I think I feel safer using 2 heaters instead of one just because the basement temperature always remains at 67 or 68. And I figure for longevity if both heaters don't have to work as hard they'll last longer. And did you make the cover for your overflow yourself?
Sorry for late response......I think I answered in your thread.
FlowerMama

I'm still unsure. No other formations have occurred. I had a similar issue with the 34, but no issues for a year and a half. Idk, part of me is bothered the other says it's air pockets, which do occur and are more noticable in black silicone. Not to mention it's a 48x24x12 rimless tank. What do I do buy another different tank?

Sorry for late response......I think I answered in your thread.

You did, and ty. I should have 3 new pieces of glass maybe tomorrow

Nanofreak79

Pretty sure thats what lawns looked like before both of his gave out/ started leaking.....

My first one looked just like that before it leaked on my hardwood floor which was the front left corner. My next 48x24x12 replacement developed a stress crack in the front pane. Had nothing but problems with the 48x24x12 but I love my 24x24x12 Deep Blue. Bubbles in silicone are small air pockets where the silicone has not adhered to the area it was suppose to. So with a aquarium it hasn't adhered to the glass in all those bubbles making that seam weak. Not saying you should take it down but telling you what I know.
FlowerMama

You know I don't like hearing about problems with the 60!!! I had enough just trying to get one. I'll check mine Saturday when I have some daylight but I don't wanna be paranoid. Let's just hope nothing is wrong w/ these.

Nanofreak79
My first one looked just like that before it leaked on my hardwood floor which was the front left corner. My next 48x24x12 replacement developed a stress crack in the front pane. Had nothing but problems with the 48x24x12 but I love my 24x24x12 Deep Blue. Bubbles in silicone are small air pockets where the silicone has not adhered to the area it was suppose to. So with a aquarium it hasn't adhered to the glass in all those bubbles making that seam weak. Not saying you should take it down but telling you what I know.
Thanks.....I'm still deciding wtf to do. I already had an acrylic tank burst a seam. When those go it's bad. That tank was only 5 gallons, and what a mess it made. I've been looking at new tanks, it's just a little hard to decide on what to do. I'll send another email to DB and see what they say. I guess my thing is I wouldn't want to replace with the same tank.

You know I don't like hearing about problems with the 60!!! I had enough just trying to get one. I'll check mine Saturday when I have some daylight but I don't wanna be paranoid. Let's just hope nothing is wrong w/ these.
I'd be curious to see if you have any. Just take a light to it if it's dark and check the seams. Hopefully yours is perfect. In a perfect world mine should have been to. I should have done a leak test and noticed this before moving all my inhabitants.

Gut load them good.
I use frozen. Other than that I shoot reef frenzy food into it daily.
Nanofreak79

It's actually an anemone crab.

Porcelains are cool, I use to have a blue one. I only have a strawberry crab now. The porcelains won't hang out in the bta. My clowns don't use the bta because of the crab though.

Oh now that's pure sex. Doooooooo ettttttt !!!! I take it you're not trying to push the envelope anymore than you have with the air bubbles in your current tank ? I can't say I blame you though man. Not worth with,drop the biscuit :D

Nanofreak79

My wife would shit a brick if we had a tank blow up. I'm in the process of figuring out how to do this. I feel like I'll have trouble fitting all my rock and coral. Most everything is encrusted and growing. It'll be hard to stack it and fit it all in a cube type tank. It's a sweet deal for the tank stand and sump though.

This one has a little more length http://www.scaquariums.com/aquarium-systems/50-gallon-starfire-pnp-system-10.html

FlowerMama

I personally think it would be difficult to go to a cube after being spread out and seeing how happy your fish were to have that large expanse to swim.

I honestly can't say I blame her. Remember,happy wife,happy life lol. It is a smidge longer,and what's $400+ more dollars to a pimp like yourself ? Just some pocket change lmao.

Don't worry,I'm in the process of replacing the tank I just built to replace the .9 I got from you... sump leaks even with 3 layers of WO-16 and silicone on it,I cracked the return side by being a dumbass,hah. TruAqua cube here I come !!!

Nanofreak79
I personally think it would be difficult to go to a cube after being spread out and seeing how happy your fish were to have that large expanse to swim.
Were thinking alike here.

I honestly can't say I blame her. Remember,happy wife,happy life lol. It is a smidge longer,and what's $400+ more dollars to a pimp like yourself ? Just some pocket change lmao. Don't worry,I'm in the process of replacing the tank I just built to replace the .9 I got from you... sump leaks even with 3 layers of WO-16 and silicone on it,I cracked the return side by being a dumbass,hah. TruAqua cube here I come !!!
Just saw that. Looks like a sweet deal and should be a nice tank. If only I had never chose to upgrade tanks I'd be able to find a couple smaller tanks to move thing to.

Archived