Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanofreaks Tiny Terror Algae returns!

Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Don't worry,I was looking at FireCorals live sale stuff,all the CornBred pieces are so fu*king outrageous. I don't see how that idiot makes as much money as he does..

He had a ducking blackish colored torch coral with yellow tips, I wanna say he wanted like $2,500.....er ma gurd ridiculous, not to mention people are actually buying it. CC was cool and said there were a few hiccups at the start, no shit, and they refunded me the pre paid shipping right away.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seem to be a super reputable site though. They've always got some awesome looking stuff for relatively decent prices.

I just don't like people who put a stupid name on shit,and charge a stupid amount of money for it. But,people buy it so kudos I guess lol. Soooo,you've got some LC stuff coming right ?

My go to store is going to cut me up a Shortcake and PC Rainbow piece,so I'm happy about that :scarry:

Nanofreak79

I'll pay for some of the "designer" corals, but only to a degree, and well I could never drop $1,000 at one time nor just for one coral.lol

I just now put in my order for LC. I was going to order twice before then backed out because of issues. Today I found a few things, including a pretty sweet torch for cheap, couldn't pass it up. I might add the mint hammer, just to help fill up the garden. I should get three packages this week!

I also ordered a camera lens set for my iPhone, hoping to get some better pics. I have Lightroom but can't get it to connect to my Flickr account. I heard orange filters help with better photos under LEDs? Dunno, I searched Amazon, there's nothing specific for phones. If someone could point me in the right direction for what to buy that would be awesome.

Get the orange filter,I actually was at a lfs yesterday,and got a pair of orange glasses and holy shit,really makes a difference. I'll show you a few pictures I took yesterday while at the store.

Without the glasses:

image_98.jpg

image_100.jpg

With glasses:

image_99.jpg

image_101.jpg

I'd say it helps a ass load lol. I'd pick some up if you can find some decent priced ones.

Nanofreak79

Get the orange filter,I actually was at a lfs yesterday,and got a pair of orange glasses and holy shit,really makes a difference. I'll show you a few pictures I took yesterday while at the store.

Without the glasses:image_98.jpgimage_100.jpg

With glasses:image_99.jpgimage_101.jpg

I'd say it helps a ass load lol. I'd pick some up if you can find some decent priced ones.

That's crazy! I need some to use for pictures though, like a filter? Don't what people use.

Another tank? Love Maxi-mini news and I would say go with the sexy's!

Deffinetly going to use sexy shrimp. I haven't had any in awhile. I'm going to my local Petco to see if I can find a fish for the tank.

picoreef78

What lenses are those?

The "designer corals" I bought died, I also think the price is super inflated.

Also looked at fire corals just now and saw frag sizes. I would advised the Reefing community in general to demand bigger frags of at let 1.75 inches for better growth and survival.

The link is pretty good and has the reference for A. cervicornis study and frag size with morbidity and morality.

http://coralmagazine-us.com/content/scientifically-smarter-frags

Nanofreak79

Thanks! I agree on frag sizes. Even buying single polyps of zoas and palys can be a bad idea. I seem to have better luck with three to four polyps. Some of the cheaper easier sps can work for 3/4-1" frags but not the acros and some millis. I mean obviously some have luck, as I've seen it. Designer corals are sometimes worth the money, but losing them is a real heartbreaker.

Those were just the glasses I used and held up to my phone and took the picture. But the orange filters are cheap,regardless of size and adapter.

As for the size frags,I've honestly got 3 frags right now,under a half inch,that have survived thru it all. Growth and color aren't the best damn thing there is,but they're alive and all starting to encrust. I really believe its if they're healed or fresh cut pieces which will cut down on the survival rate.

Nanofreak79

So I could buy an orange rubbery stick on the glass type, or something different? I'm going to Petco, be back!

I'm sure you could. Or maybe a piece of orange circular acrylic online somewhere. Or if your camera has a lens adapter,find the correct mm and just screw it on.

Nanofreak79

Here is a not so awesome video of my new clown....should've gotten orange, black on black doesn't really stand out. Lol

Nanofreak79

Newly ordered terror inhabitants! Finally getting back my prized shrimp I love so much. Still looking for a few crabs to put, but having a hard time finding somewhere that has all of them, don't want to pay shipping on three different sites.

Not my pics, wouldn't let me copy from checkouts list?

Pair of harlequin shrimp

18578326282_b75267d028.jpgTiny terror tank inverts by -Nanofreak79-

5 sexy shrimp

18396648439_d622c6c538_o.jpgTiny terror tank inverts by -Nanofreak79-

And I ordered the cheapest starfish, a sand sifter for some food for the harlequins.

So excited!

Nanofreak79

Soooooo much life added today! I literally got one package while I was opening and putting away things, all live animals. Here's a sneak peak. I have my kids for one last day today, until the weekend. I'll see how much time I have for pics and stuff, most likely tomorrow.

18617652946_94b561227a.jpg(null) by -Nanofreak79-

Nanofreak79

Sexy party! I need a blue led strip to make these things glow. I really did get three colorful maxis, but it's hard to see it. I'll work on some better pics. I've lost one of my harlequins. I moved rock and everything to find it, only see one....which I had to pull out of the overflow box! He's finally eating now. Sexy shrimp won't take pellets from my tongs yet.

18096070204_38dd1596a8.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

18530936908_c31893cdf9.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

18531009460_8eb58ef9d2.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

18530938948_22c7c7368b.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

Nanofreak79

I'm missing one of my harlequins already. i moved all rocks and cannot find him. I found one stuck in my pre filter before getting sucked down the drain. a lll the sexies seem happy with there maxis. waiting on pet solutions to get back to me if they will mail another rather than giving me a refund for him, then having to pay shipping again.

Nanofreak79

Looking sexy up in hurrrrr mane !!! That second Maxi is sick !!

Yeah, they all are pretty cool. the one that looks yellow with some other colors would look cool under led, or all would. thanks though.

Ah that is sad about the harlequin. I hope you can get another. Cool sexies and maxis.

Fun tank! Fun shrimp!

Thank you Mr. M! I'm in awwww over some of your pics and your tank. thanks for stopping by!

• 2 weeks later...
Nanofreak79

So little update here. One of my harlequins is a goner. I added them to the tank, and never found the second one after that. All the sexy shrimp are doing well and eating cobalt brine shrimp pellets. I've fed my single harlequin almost a whole starfish at this point. He's able to eat a full CCS arm in just a few days.

I will be ordering another three pack of maxis from LAreefs in a week or so. I slo want to either gut this fixture and DIY LEDs in it or just buy some led fixture. I don't need anything strong, I'm just doing maxis and the tank is only 7" deep. Any suggestions?

Edit: I want LEDs, maxi colors just need a little something extra to make me pop!

Archived