Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanofreaks Tiny Terror Algae returns!

Nanofreak79

It's the cost of the juice that's killing me. I spend like $150-200 at giant vapers a month. I have my older Kbox and sub tank that I'll be using the rba on. Here's my unit, or my other unit...LOL

21204270674_e2b8aef616.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

Here's my new project that I've been piecing together. I might start the thread tonight. I have way to many z and print now. This little tank should look like a beautiful little jungle.

21639024818_b338a158d6.jpg20150929-220716-2 by -Nanofreak79-

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup,that's the same thing my bro n law has. He loves his,yet I can't stand it lol. The rba is nice though,I'm mad the Nano tank can't house the rba. I've been looking into the Zephrus tank,which is pretty much a rba set up.

Nice man,what's the specs on that ? I bought a CC 22k par bulb from a dude on here,but I'm still waiting on tracking... And I paid friday. So we'll see how it goes. Might just keep the 2g all sps and all my z's,p's and acan's in the 7g.

10x10x10" the display is 10x7x10" , with 3" back chamber. I got another reefled bulb, not the photic, just white, blue and two violet/UV. I'll probably order there dimmer again, since I tested the one on my tiny terror tank.

I've been ok. I'm almost done with the separation. I. Waiting to sign the papers, then I'm done. I've been lurking but just haven't really wanted to or cared to update stuff when I've been feeling so stressed daily. I do have some cool things to talk about.

How's your life going?

Same old shit here nothing new or good. Sorry you have been stressed hope that gets better soon.

Thanks bro, hopefully I'll start feeling up to getting over to the lawn lounge again. Hope all is well...

Yup,that's the same thing my bro n law has. He loves his,yet I can't stand it lol. The rba is nice though,I'm mad the Nano tank can't house the rba. I've been looking into the Zephrus tank,which is pretty much a rba set up.

Nice man,what's the specs on that ? I bought a CC 22k par bulb from a dude on here,but I'm still waiting on tracking... And I paid friday. So we'll see how it goes. Might just keep the 2g all sps and all my z's,p's and acan's in the 7g.

I hate slow shippers. It's pretty damn easy to get something out if you care to.

Oh nice nice,which tank is it ? Dims sound good. You liking those par bulbs though ? I'm patiently waiting to get this 22k to see how it looks and if it'll grow these damned sps lol. Yeah for real,he told me Monday he's have shipping,and then went stagnant on responding to messages... Yet was online,smh.

Check out the photic 54 bulbs from reefled, there a sponsor here. Those bulbs are a nice full spec bulb. The par bulb I'm using is still from reefled, but blu, white and violet.....ill be using it on my new setup for a small zoa tank that I'm gonna stuff, pack and go crazy filling with z and p's. It's always a little unnerving when things go quiet but there still on and off the forum. Hopefully you get it by Friday!

I've looked at their stuff a few times,and honestly not that badly priced. That's gonna be awesome man,I can't wait to see that started.

For real,I wouldn't be as pissed if something came up and you just told me,but don't get on the forums and not respond to my messages. Especially if I had already paid you. I'm waiting on the par bulb so I can finish my retro and get the second board soldered up and working. It's just a unwanted set back.

Yep, be a stand up guy and tell someone, hey, I'm not gonna get that out till next week. I know its fairly early, but me myself i would get my money back through paypal. file a claim, and you should here from him today, then close the claim once you see the tracking. I'm always upfront about shipping, times and when i will ship, which is usually next day.

I'm waiting on a few more parts for the other project, and the rock which was sent 3 day mail. i guess I will see how that goes. lol.....i need a name for my new tank, can't think of one.

For real. And he was on again at 1 today. I'm about to just file a complaint and refund with PayPal and buy a brand new one unless he fesses up to being a dick bandit.

Wait,you ordered live rock and got 3 day shipping ?! Be prepared to smell a shit bomb when you open it lmao.

For real. And he was on again at 1 today. I'm about to just file a complaint and refund with PayPal and buy a brand new one unless he fesses up to being a dick bandit.

Wait,you ordered live rock and got 3 day shipping ?! Be prepared to smell a shit bomb when you open it lmao.

The case from paypal might make him move faster. i ordered 10# off amazon....caribean fiji, it was only $34 shipped to my door. supposedly they give it a few baths and away it goes. I would like to have some life left and supposedly awesome corraline.

I'm hoping so. Oh okay,that's not a bad deal. Should be okay. Let me know how that rubble rock works out,I was thinking about picking some up myself.

I'm hoping so. Oh okay,that's not a bad deal. Should be okay. Let me know how that rubble rock works out,I was thinking about picking some up myself.

I was going to make my scape out of the rubble zone rock. it will require a lot of glue and an idea, which i don't have right now. i might use the live rock in my terror tank and take some for the new tank.....not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

This tank is in the crapper. I've been battling Dino's almost the whole time it's been up, or since its cycle, it's just gotten continuously worse. I believe the carab sea rock is doing something, I used it in another tank before and had the same issue. Under the Dino's is a very small of white fuzz all over each rock in in every crevice. I am force to tear apart the tank for a good cleaning and use new live rock this time, which is in a bucket now taking care of any die off I might have gotten in travel. I'll try and take a pic real quick. I just recentlyl cleaned it.

Dino is the devil, you know it took down my 60. :furious:

I followed your disaster as well. It's to bad for such a large tank too. Did you completely sterilize everything? New sand? I'm % WC.

Sorry I mean doing 100% WC, which I've done before only to have it come back.

I don't get hair algae much except on a new tank set up. These Dino's make everything look like you haven't cleaned your tank in months, even if it was cleaned two days ago......Dino's can kiss my ass, I'm gonna beat it! I'm up to about 14 nems now.

I never put them back in. I moved them among my 20g and 34g. When I move I'm putting them together in a 40g. Even though I cleaned the 60g w/ vinegar water I just don't trust it and then after finding the discoloration in the seams, I can't trust that either. So I'm done w/ Deep Blue. Gonna try to sell the tank to nearby lfs. Luckily when I moved the rocks w/ the nems on them the dino didn't show up in either of those 2 tanks. Gertie though has beaten up and killed about 3 nems because they're in her way. Then I had a gorgeous one die in the 34 this last week when it detached and floated into a wellso.

14 already! Nice!

I never put them back in. I moved them among my 20g and 34g. When I move I'm putting them together in a 40g. Even though I cleaned the 60g w/ vinegar water I just don't trust it and then after finding the discoloration in the seams, I can't trust that either. So I'm done w/ Deep Blue. Gonna try to sell the tank to nearby lfs. Luckily when I moved the rocks w/ the nems on them the dino didn't show up in either of those 2 tanks. Gertie though has beaten up and killed about 3 nems because they're in her way. Then I had a gorgeous one die in the 34 this last week when it detached and floated into a wellso.

14 already! Nice!

That's sad to hear. I hate when things like that happen. I haven't been as active for all my life's going ons, but I will catch up on your thread. I'm hoping it's the rock causing my issue....hoping. I'll be taking half the sand out creating more of a just for looks type deal, and easy to stir up all the poo. I'm going to use frag plugs cut down to keep the rock suspended. I have fiv sexies and a small harlequin. When I moved the rock there was a ton of nasties under it. I'm waiting for the new rock to stop stinking and a adaptor to use my Python inside. I normally use an outside hose attachment because it's right by the door and tank.

I think the rocks are ready, I just did a full WC on the bucket for the fourth time, smell is almost nothing. I really need to get this rock so I can start cleaning up the mess of a tank. Here's some pics, see if you can notice the tiny mushroom and tell me what it is.....hint it's a most sought after shroom and it's expensive $90 less than a dime size, maybe I got ripped off!

Notice the total shit storm of a tank. This is one of my worst tanks. When I think about cleaning it I get all down and want to just say #### it and sell the Maxie's. This time I'm gonna give it my all and totally drain the tank and sump, refill media and add the new rock, oh and suck out half the sand!!! Hopefully by the weekend it'll be done. Another issuei is chiseling the maxis off without bringing to much of the rock. Enjoy these before picks.

22149064685_efb257bb20.jpgIMG_0556 by -Nanofreak79-

21961217418_f33378585c_t.jpgIMG_0555 by -Nanofreak79-

21526252954_81f8da27be.jpgIMG_0554 by -Nanofreak79-

22136462702_8155182b0b.jpgIMG_0553 by -Nanofreak79-

21960929920_197555afcf.jpgIMG_0552 by -Nanofreak79-

22149052125_43f20287dd.jpgIMG_0551 by -Nanofreak79-

Ouch man,that's crazy. Maybe see if dosing some peroxide will work ? Idk if it was Dino's or not,but I had the same looking shit in my tank a few months before I moved and I had to do about 3-4 serious water changes and change the media,take everything out and scrub shit go lights out for 1-2 days and cut my light cycle back to get it to go away. Best of luck to you man,I'm glad you're going to stick it out !!!

Archived