Cultivated Reef

Nanofreaks Tiny Terror Algae returns!

Nanofreak79

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just don't put it back. Just in case.

I'm watching my tank for aiptasia right now. Had to yank two Coral feo. The other half's tank because she went fowlr chocolate chip seastar style and I'm not letting a pink hippo zoa become lunch.

It's a nice little tank kinda like a discount fluval edge. It's a bit wider than my spec V guppy tank but slightly shorter. The filter chambers are quite nicely sized.

I'm about to order all new rock for my 68. I mad the decision to buy live rock and I'm sick a don tired of chasing these things down. I'm thinking about making the scape and then put it in a tote and cure it. Take all my coral off and have a lot of glue ready.

Yeah, fun killing the aptasia, every week. Sucks I'll have white rock again. Anyway, I'll post up some pics of the new terror tank soon.

I'm excited and a little depressed. I've never ran into algae I couldn't fight. This tank will be less maintenance without a sump as well.

The whirling scourge is a difficult enemy.

Lower maintenance is always a good thing. It's why I miss my big guppy tank. Six months between water changes was nice.

Mine is conveniently right over the sink so I just run airline to the sink for a 50% water change every few days. Then use filtered tap water to refill.

Yeah, Dinos. I tried my hardest to fight this stuff, but it won. No matter what I tried, even tearing down the tank and getting new live rock. Oh, and drawing and cleaning the sump. I will be moving the maxis into a tank I have ready. I'll be rinsing the maxis in new saltwater to hopefully keep any from entering my tank. I'll post a pic,of how the tank looks now, later tonight.

or get real reef rock which is already cured and purple.

I tried real live rock and thought about using Walt smith but as of now I have no where to keep the extra.

Damn dude,another tank ?! Jesus lol.

Ninja......

Wait, what happened? Is that dino?

Yes Dino's, not the usual stringy snot. Very different.

Yeah, after dealing w/ mine for 2.5 mos it won. I couldn't take it anymore.

Yes, I've been dealing with this for longer. Mine has started off as a small issue to a full blown Dino hell. I've given up on it and the tank looks like crap. My harlequin died and I'm not sure how or where he went. I also lost two sexy shrimp.

ada 45f. i knew it

Maybe........Mrreefer may or may not be involved in the tanks construction.e

Oh and just so everyone is aware the maxi tank is a 4 gallon minus the AIO insert I removed. I just didn't know where to post ifs of said tank.

Archived