Coral Vue Hydros

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

How do RFA get along with BTA? Is BTA on rocks and RFA on sand doable?

You will not be able to have and rock flower on the sand but i hope you know that that is why it is called a ROCK flower anemone.

My tiny reef

From GotCorals

CBA8E75D-9CFB-49C7-B6C2-F189201EECB7_zps

From local store

761CDD1C-FB37-4B7C-8356-92D376366E5E_zps

From... MY TANK!

1F811F52-01CB-45C6-A8DF-B98CB1B3362A_zps

How old is your baby in the last pic? Mine are about 3 months and none are that big, but mine also had a ton of them and I think they were all premature...they are growing so I'm still happy.

HarryPotter

How old is your baby in the last pic? Mine are about 3 months and none are that big, but mine also had a ton of them and I think they were all premature...they are growing so I'm still happy.

Not very big. About 1cmx1cm

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to live in other oceans. In our tanks, they live in breed in all sorts of environments (water quality, temperatures, lighting, you name it).

I'd like to see some of the color variations from there.

Better yet, their daylight images and these ‘reef tank’ photos from Bali Aquarium reveal that there’s a whole new category of Indo-Pacific Flower Anemones with a spectrum of colors and patterns all their own.
  • Like 1

Rock flowers can be on sand. Right now I only have 2 of 20 on the rock.

I think your rfa are on the glass and not on the sand but you know best, if your rfa is on the sand and not on the buttom glass plz post foto.

vegasgundog

My green rfa lived in the sand in the front corner of my bc, attached to the bottom glass anyway. It didn't like where I wanted it to be. Which brings me to my question. When I moved everything into the rsm, I placed everything virtually in the same place, including the rfa. I however did not like this and went on the move and is now firmly attached to the under side of my gsp rock that I REALLY want to either move or do away with. I was worried it was going to keep moving until it hit my blasto colony so I guess I should be happy, but the gsp is way to close to the glass and when I pick it up the poor rfa comes up with it out of the sand. Any ideas how to separate the two? I may have to rescape a little and move them back, I just don't want the gsp to close to the lr.

You will not be able to have and rock flower on the sand but i hope you know that that is why it is called a ROCK flower anemone.

They definitely can go in the sand. i have some that prefer the sand actually.

You should tell that to the 2 on my sand bed and that sand bed is around 2 inches so they are not attached to the bottom glass. I put them on a rock when I got them and they moved themselves to the sand next to each other and have been there for a few months.

• Like 2
HarryPotter

All of my big RFAs are spawning, super excited!!! Should I lower flow to increase the amount of babies?

Im trying to record a video but my phone doesn't work with the blue lights only!!

I definitely have three males and two females. Not sure about the others

Okay changed the lights and took a video! Loading it. Not great quality and a bit NSFW :lol:

• Like 2

All of my big RFAs are spawning, super excited!!! Should I lower flow to increase the amount of babies?

Im trying to record a video but my phone doesn't work with the blue lights only!!

I definitely have three males and two females. Not sure about the others

Okay changed the lights and took a video! Loading it. Not great quality and a bit NSFW :lol:

Stoked to see the spawning.

HarryPotter

You don't have to change flow or anything, so the males are spawning? Females will just ingest it from the water column.

Yeah!! My wifi is down so I can't upload the video to YouTube :(

Stoked to see the spawning.

My wifi is down! :(

getmealemon

Been away for a while and moved house.....all of my nems survived the move thankfully. Since setting up in new house i've finallly witnessed a spawning event. Got a new batch of babies, all very small but brightly coloured very early on which is exciting.

Found this article about RFA's in Bali that i thought everyone should see if they havent already. Interesting colours on them.

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/07/21/flower-anemones-discovered-in-bali-indonesia/

You should tell that to the 2 on my sand bed and that sand bed is around 2 inches so they are not attached to the bottom glass. I put them on a rock when I got them and they moved themselves to the sand next to each other and have been there for a few months.

As i said id love to see a photo of a rock flower on sand and not attached to the glass but i still think a rock flower will do best on a rock but if you will say the recommended place is on sand your welcome but i still think rocks are the place to but em.

• Christopher Marks pinned this topic