ReefCleaners.org

Smith's ADA 60-F *Retired*

Smithjm5

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this tank is looking great :D makes me want to get one hahah

is that light the 24" fixture?

Thanks! They are pretty sweet! And yes it is a 24" fixture.

Good to hear! I will hopefully attempt to set one of these up in the near future. Would you suggest dosing if it's softie dominant?

Cameron6796

No need if your not going to have a lot of sps and lps dosing helps the skeleton grow with calcium softies have no skeletons

No need if your not going to have a lot of sps and lps dosing helps the skeleton grow with calcium softies have no skeletons

What he said haha ^^^^ I'll be sure to look for your thread when you get one!

Good to hear! I will hopefully attempt to set one of these up in the near future. Would you suggest dosing if it's softie dominant?

Hahah alright because I haven't the slightest clue how.

And great, I'll let you know. Hopefully upgrading this summer

So I thought I'd let everyone know whats been going on with the tank. I'm still waiting on the lily pipes which I ordered 2 weeks ago via aqua magic (don't recommend them at all) so for now the tanks been running filter less, just the wp-10 and water changes, but everything is staying pretty stable. I also ordered some 1/4" acrylic for a lid along with some lid clips that should put it below the top of the tank rather than sitting on top of it. That should also be here sometime this week, hopefully it'll look better than the mesh. I also woke up this morning to tons of copepods all over the glass, which I guess is a good thing? Haha, anyway here's a little shot of the twins!

13874201633_15ff9f70c1.jpg

Nanofreak79

Looks nice. I'm doing a filter less system on a new build. Tank should be all good till you get your filter up and running.

Looks nice. I'm doing a filter less system on a new build. Tank should be all good till you get your filter up and running.

Yea the nitrates were a little high today so I just did a water change and it got them back down to normal, I just wish those dumb lily pipes would get here lol!

So I cut the acrylic I bought for the top today and so far it looks ok, I'm not in love with it but I think it looks better than the mesh that was resting on the rim of the tank. I'll just have to keep an eye out for it bowing. If it gets too bad/ugly I think I'm just going to go topless ;)

I know it's risky but I feel like the last time he jumped was because they were still getting used to the tank, so we shall see! Anyway here's a few pics.

13974719834_14ea708278_c.jpg

13974722684_f99b857d69_c.jpg

13974719494_c176f8c533_c.jpg

13974715364_07452c2841_c.jpg

Are you still digging your lights?

Yea man, I like them a lot better than the others. There cool and silent! The only thing I want is to get the controller for them so I can set up sunrise/sunset. Other than that I love it, ric's seem to aswell!

i think you can get them now or really soon. there is a ton on info on them in the lighting forum

Alright I'll have to check it out!

Is it even out yet? I don't know much about it.

It's out for pre-order right now on their website, there was a pre-order sale but it ended 4/6. I ended up ordering one, cant wait till May when they start shipping! Your tank is looking awesome by the way cant wait to see it progress!

Archived