Innovative Marine Aquariums

Smith's ADA 60-F *Retired*

Smithjm5

uscuba2_2013

What's going on everybody?! I thought i'd go ahead and make a thread for my ADA 60-F that's currently in the mail. It should be here on Monday along with a few other items I ordered as a b-day present to myself lol. Be sure to check back Monday night, I should have some pics up! Thanks!

:naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

Tank got here while I was at work! It looks even better in person! Sorry about the photo quality I don't have a nice camera.

what are you using as a stand?

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very cool man. well done

Thanks!

Nice 'scape! How's that WP10 working out?

Thanks, I actually have the Koralia 240 in there right now because the wp-10 I had was really loud I think something was wrong with the motor so I returned it. The new one should be here Saturday! But minus the noise of the one I had, I liked it a lot!

what are you using as a stand?

It's a deep blue stand, it says it's 24" x 12" but that's the size of my tank and have about an inch hangover around the whole stand.

- http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/series-i.html

Just thought i'd give a quick update, I decided to put up a shelf that I can hang the lights from when they get here on Wednesday, it's just a few 2x4's glued together and planed and then I beveled the edges and stained it black. For the brackets I just got some cheap ones off amazon I liked the looks of haha. I think it came on pretty nice, considering I barely know which end of a screw driver to use lol

Edit: Also my replacement Wp-10 should be here tomorrow hopefully!

post-83021-0-79373200-1395012291_thumb.jpg

My new WP-10 got here today and it's nearly silent! there was definitely something wrong with the last one, so I just wanted to change my view on the pump. I just got a bad one at first, definitely worth picking one up if you need a new pump for a nano tank.

As for the lights there still on the way via FedEx and should be here Wednesday hopefully!

post-83021-0-71426900-1395106693_thumb.jpg

post-83021-0-67765000-1395106701_thumb.jpg

Lights are hung and bright! I'm going to have to do something about the black cables but so far I like them!

13257292824_d4da4862d2_n.jpg

13256968065_83fbba4b7d_n.jpg

so cool are you happy with the lights?

Yea so far there pretty awesome, I wasn't thrilled with the hanging kit they came with but for the price there hard to beat!

Alright so I thought i'd give a better opinion on the two nano 60 lights I got from reef radiance now that I've messed with them a good bit.

Pros-

I like the color of the casing of lights, it's different!

really bright, and overall nice colors

dimmable

only one cord per light

Cons-

the fans are pretty loud, definitely noticeable

really bright, I know I listed this under pros but there almost too bright, and there lowest dimming setting is still pretty bright.

not programmable, I knew this going in but now that I have them I realize how helpful it would be if they were programmable.

I'm not a fan of the hanging kit it came with, over all it just seemed cheap.

I ordered two of these lights and one of them is just a little bit brighter than the other on it's lowest settings.

Overall the construction of the lights a solid and so are the led's themselves but I just don't think there what i'm looking for especially for my bedroom tank lights. I really enjoy the colors but there just not what i'm looking for! I'm putting them up for sale in classifieds if anyone is interested. Thanks for looking!

I wanted to start thinking about some fish stocking plans. I want something that's colorful and ACTIVE in the tank not a fish that's going to hide in the rocks all day. I've got a few ideas but I'd like to hear you're thoughts!

That's what I was thinking, aren't they known to jump a lot though? And are they aggressive?

I've had one in every reef tank that I ever had and never had one jump. That's doesn't day yours would be all of mine have been awesome fish.

They do but I would hate to have one in a system that small.

Alright so I haven't messed with the tank all that much in the last week or so, just letting it do it's thing while it cycles and I think it's about through with the cycle.

In other news I've come up with a new idea for filtration for this setup. I was originally going to just do weekly water changes but I've decided I want a little more filtration than that. So i'm ordering a cobalt aquatics EXT canister filter that i'm going to be setting up with lily pipes! I think this will give it a really clean look and still give me the extra filtration I want. So look out for that in the coming week! Finally as I said in my previous posts, I decided to sell my Nano 60 lights, I likes the light they gave off but they were just too bulky and awkward looking over the tank(plus the cooling fans were dropping the tank temp by about 4 degrees!) Since then I have bought a Ecoxotic panorama marine LED light, it's really sleek looking and i'm going to be rigging it so I can hang it instead of placing it on the tank, plus with the controller I'm getting for it i'll be able to set up sunrise and sunsets, which i'm excited for! So a lot of upgrades should be coming in the next few weeks! Lights should be here by the end of the week or Monday at the latest. :happydance:

Alright so I haven't messed with the tank all that much in the last week or so, just letting it do it's thing while it cycles and I think it's about through with the cycle.

In other news I've come up with a new idea for filtration for this setup. I was originally going to just do weekly water changes but I've decided I want a little more filtration than that. So i'm ordering a cobalt aquatics EXT canister filter that i'm going to be setting up with lily pipes! I think this will give it a really clean look and still give me the extra filtration I want. So look out for that in the coming week! Finally as I said in my previous posts, I decided to sell my Nano 60 lights, I likes the light they gave off but they were just too bulky and awkward looking over the tank(plus the cooling fans were dropping the tank temp by about 4 degrees!) Since then I have bought a Ecoxotic panorama marine LED light, it's really sleek looking and i'm going to be rigging it so I can hang it instead of placing it on the tank, plus with the controller I'm getting for it i'll be able to set up sunrise and sunsets, which i'm excited for! So a lot of upgrades should be coming in the next few weeks! Lights should be here by the end of the week or Monday at the latest. :happydance:

Love the idea of the lily pipes... eventually hope to do the same.

Archived