Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Smith's ADA 60-F *Retired*

Smithjm5

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the dimensions... I scraped all my plans lol for this.

Trust me I did the same thing lol, you wont regret it. It's an awesome tank!

Alright so I FINALLY found a good lfs today, it's about 30 minutes from my house but better than paying for overnight shipping I suppose. So either tomorrow or Saturday i'm going to pick up my first fish! I'm probably either going to get some type or clown( designer? maybe a naked one?) or a fire fish. They had two Helfrichi fire fish there today that I liked a lot but I might get one of those. They said there getting a new fish shipment tomorrow so I'll have to see. What do you guys think?

Oh yea and they were priced at $90 a piece does that sound about right?

Not to be that guy, but is your tank all cycled out? I saw you added a canister not too long ago.

Yessir, Just checked the levels tonight, and the rock was from a previous tank. Do you think I should wait longer since I did add the filter then?

Not for the clown for the helrichi firefish Haha. The clowns were 25,but the did have some all white designer ones for $200!

Helfrichi *

Nanofreak79

$90 is pretty much the norm, all the way to $120 depending on the LFS. Beautiful fish, although mine jumped on me!

$90 is pretty much the norm, all the way to $120 depending on the LFS. Beautiful fish, although mine jumped on me!

Alright cool, yea they are, the guy told me they are jumpers though, so I might wait to get a lid for the tank haha. Sorry to hear urs jumped on ya!

It's been a long time coming since December when I started, but officially have life in the tank! I ended up getting a pair of baby "fancy" Ocellaris clownfish, and a small green ricordia!

13627645545_d94784758c.jpg13627655203_f597b2f3e2.jpg

i like what i see.

It's definitely more interesting then staring at rocks haha ;) There a cool little pair!

$25, to be honest I had no idea what there worth I just liked it and wanted some coral Haha. What do you think it's worth?

So at about 2am this morning for whatever reason I woke up and looked over in the tank(it's in my bedroom) to only see one Clown. I was frantically looking everywhere for him and then I look at the floor next to my bed and he's laying on the floor! So I chucked him back in the tank, and he just layer on his side at the bottom for a few seconds and then popped up and started swimming again! I'll be making a lid today.

Nice, glad you saved the clown and got a screen over it....although it kind of kills the look a bit but removable, I think it really is absolutely necessary for these shallow tanks and any tank if you have any fish that like to get airborne. Looks like you used the standard fine mesh window/door screening material, did you notice any drop in light output? Do you have the screen just sitting on the rim or do you have some kind of clip/holder?

Cameron6796

First how do you see in your tank at night... Do you run moonlights all night ( how many people do this)

And wow maybe you woke up to the sound of him hitting the ground

Nice, glad you saved the clown and got a screen over it....although it kind of kills the look a bit but removable, I think it really is absolutely necessary for these shallow tanks and any tank if you have any fish that like to get airborne. Looks like you used the standard fine mesh window/door screening material, did you notice any drop in light output? Do you have the screen just sitting on the rim or do you have some kind of clip/holder?

Yea I liked it without a top as well but I think it ties in nicely with the stand though.(can see it better in person) I just used standard screen for storm doors, I originally had 1/2 inch netting but that way too big since both the clowns are barely an inch long, but the mesh effected the lighting very little if any. I have it on an adjustable hanging kit so I just lowered it half and inch or so. It just sits on the rim, when I built it I made sure it had about a quarter inch all the way around, works great.

First how do you see in your tank at night... Do you run moonlights all night ( how many people do this) And wow maybe you woke up to the sound of him hitting the ground

I was kinda of weary about them jumping sense I just got them that morning so I turned my dimmer down to the lowest setting on the blue channel to where they are barely on(looks pretty cool honestly) And I have no idea why I woke up haha I have carpet so I didn't hear it, to be honest I have no idea how long he was on the ground, but it couldn't have been long. I guess the big guy upstairs woke me up haha!

Archived