Innovative Marine Aquariums

Smith's ADA 60-F *Retired*

Smithjm5

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the idea of the lily pipes... eventually hope to do the same.

Thanks, I love the look of them, hopefully they do what I need them to, and I just ordered the filter so that should be here tomorrow night! :D

Nice, good job

Thanks!

sick would you say there better than your old lights??

So far I'd say yes, there more controllable and have two separate chords for the different channels, and you can get a controller to set up sunrise/sunset. There also silent, and sleeker looking than the others. The only thing I guess you could say the other's had the advantage was that the nano 60's were full spectrum. But so far these are pretty awesome lights!

So I got the filter all set up, it took forever because I had to DIY the the intake pipes because they were way to long. I want to eventually get some lily pipes for a cleaner look, but for now it'll work. the only thing was the tubes that came with the filter weren't all that long so I couldn't put the return where I wanted but I'll fix it when I get the lily pipes. So far I like the filter a lot it's dead silent, and has adjustable flow, and the pump is located outside of the canister so you have more room for media, for now I'm just using the media it came with. But here's a pic of it underneath my stand.

13500620494_a14170a970.jpg13500375213_d70744655f.jpg

Nanofreak79

Nice tank! I'm liking the panorama way better. Interesting cobalt filter, have to update on performance and ease of maintenance.

Nice tank! I'm liking the panorama way better. Interesting cobalt filter, have to update on performance and ease of maintenance.

Thanks! I like it a lot better as well, I might try to hang it to get a better look. I'll be sure to keep ya updated on the filter after I've had it awhile!

Sweet another 60-F build, following along to see your progress...any reason you didn't go with a full on sump, skimmer etc?

Sweet another 60-F build, following along to see your progress...any reason you didn't go with a full on sump, skimmer etc?

Thanks, I didn't include a sump because I just wanted to keep it simple without having to drill such a beautiful tank...also i'm in college and funds are tight! haha

Following - Love these long tanks. GL with the external filter, let us know how it works out.

Will do, thanks!

I am so intrigued by that canister filter. I may have to read up on that. Nice looking setup.

Thanks, yea it's pretty cool, haven't had it long enough to see how well it does yet but i'll keep ya posted. I should be adding some lily pipes to it in the coming week to cleanup the look :D

Archived