Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Smith's ADA 60-F *Retired*

Smithjm5

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Careful, I got a better camera and still can't show off. Lol

Lol

Hey man make sure you start your lights super dim... I bleached the heck out of my corals and I started with it ramping up and maxing at 30% W 50% B

I am! Iv'e got it about 8 or 9" above the water and have it maxed at 20% throughout the ramp, that sound okay?

That sounds good. I wouldn't bump the whites anymore than 5% a week. The blues you can probably up by 10% every 7-10 days until you get it where you want it. You have a pretty shallow tank, so you probably won't need to go all the way to 100% on either channel ever. I think mine peak at 50% W 75% B. But I took like 4-6 weeks to ramp it that high when I was fixing the damage to the bleached coral

I think 30 W 65-70 B is the most your tank should need, but take your time getting there and even that might seem a bit much

That sounds good. I wouldn't bump the whites anymore than 5% a week. The blues you can probably up by 10% every 7-10 days until you get it where you want it. You have a pretty shallow tank, so you probably won't need to go all the way to 100% on either channel ever. I think mine peak at 50% W 75% B. But I took like 4-6 weeks to ramp it that high when I was fixing the damage to the bleached coral

I think 30 W 65-70 B is the most your tank should need, but take your time getting there and even that might seem a bit much

Yea when it was on Jordon's 10 gallon he had it maxed at about 30% and his was taller but I think he hung it a little lower... So I don't think i'll need to go any higher than that.

Yea when it was on Jordon's 10 gallon he had it maxed at about 30% and his was taller but I think he hung it a little lower... So I don't think i'll need to go any higher than that.

Ya the tank was 10" high, while the light was hung about 4" from the surface. I didn't keep codas for to long after I got them unfortunately - but i'm sure you could go even a bit higher, but take it slow as Roshan mentioned.

Annnnd we're going to need some updated pics :D

Ya the tank was 10" high, while the light was hung about 4" from the surface. I didn't keep codas for to long after I got them unfortunately - but i'm sure you could go even a bit higher, but take it slow as Roshan mentioned.

Annnnd we're going to need some updated pics :D

Yea with lights coming on now I can see I could probably lower it a little or turn the intensity up some so it's not quite as blue, but I want to take it slow like you all have mentioned!

I want to get it at a nice color blend before I put any more pictures up haha! Soon though!

And on another note! I was surprised how easy it was to program! It took like 5 minutes to figure it on :happy:

So I just got back from the LFS and picked up some meds, I got some of the seachem metronidazole, and I was supposed to get focus with it but somehow I ended up with two of the metronidazole and no focus! It's a 40 min drive for me so I said F that! And ordered some with one day shipping from amazon lol. I also picked up some more food for them to try. It's the stuff they feed them at sustainable aquatics so hopefully they'll take it. I also got some garlic to mix with the food. ANNND lastly I got a little frogspawn frag :happy: it's really small but it had nice color so hopefully it'll grow out nicely!

It's doctorin time B)

Wasn't kidding when I said it was small lol

14335850408_e25c0bb6dc_c.jpg

I'm officially a reefer lol, I was just putting my frogspawn into the tank where I wanted it and my little F'er frostbite clown bit me! It didn't hurt but scared the shit out of me lmao!

I killed a rock flower, hapd so fast, it was green then that night it melted black, luckily it was still in one piece so I took it out before it really added junk to the water.

I killed a rock flower, hapd so fast, it was green then that night it melted black, luckily it was still in one piece so I took it out before it really added junk to the water.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that, i'm starting it off really low.

It's extremely misleading... even if it appears like your tank is really dim/shadowed it's most likely pumping more PAR than you ever had before. This was my mistake.... after 3-4 days of looking at a tank that wasn't "lit properly" I jumped the gun and bumped it up to something that looked similar to the visibility I was getting before. BIG mistake

Also, my clowns havn't bit me yet but I can tell my female clown is thinking about it every time I put my hand in the tank these days. Just a matter of time I suppose

It's extremely misleading... even if it appears like your tank is really dim/shadowed it's most likely pumping more PAR than you ever had before. This was my mistake.... after 3-4 days of looking at a tank that wasn't "lit properly" I jumped the gun and bumped it up to something that looked similar to the visibility I was getting before. BIG mistake

Also, my clowns havn't bit me yet but I can tell my female clown is thinking about it every time I put my hand in the tank these days. Just a matter of time I suppose

It's funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing today, it looks a lot darker compared to my old light that just lit up the old tank, but I just raised it some to get a better spread instead of raising the percentages.

Lucky you! That was the second time I have put my hand in since I got her. the first time was this time last week when she was pretty sick and was just laying around ignoring me...but this time she was swimming all around me chasing my hand lol, shes been swimming around and hasn't laid down in hours which is something I haven't seen since I got her. I'm hoping that PraziPro is finally kicking in because she's being a lot more active. still wont eat much but i'm hoping that changes when I get the garlic that was "supposed" to arrive today. Fingers crossed she's getting better! fingerscrossed

It is misleading. I'm going to raise mine higher over my 60. I have it 12 inches above but I'm going to see how it does raising it.

Love the razor! If I had the money I would have liked going with the 120w instead of 60w. I have a 60F also :)

Yea it's pretty sweet! Hows the cover with the nano version?

Yea it's pretty sweet! Hows the cover with the nano version?

No idea, it will be another month before I'll have it set up :)

So I thought I'd give a little update for everyone!

I finally got the Seachem focus and garlic guard in today and since adding the garlic the fish have seemed to be more interested in the food which is great! The frostbite has been swimming more, but still lays at the bottom a good bit, but I definitely think he is making progress :D my corals all seem to be doing well except for my radioactive dragon eye zoas. I think I might move them to an area with less flow and see how they do. I'm also going out town this weekend for a week and i'm getting a friend to feed the fish, now that I have the Razor I don't have to worry about teaching him how to turn the lights on and off and my ATO reservoir lasts about a week so i'll be good on that. I'm just worried about leaving a sick fish in someones hands that doesn't know what to do if something goes wrong. So i'm really hoping they start making a turn for the better this week before I leave.

Also I was wondering if you can treat with prazio pro and the seachem focus and metronidazole at the same time? I just mix the metronidazole with their food.

In other news I got Chris at Pico aquariums to make me a custom lid with cutouts for all the lily pipes and ato. It's one of their lifenet screen covers it's gonna look pretty sweet! A lot better than what I currently have anyway. Here's some random pics :D

14359839477_a8bbffaa53_c.jpg

Name Idea's?

14546353635_fd65d06b6e_z.jpg

14543000641_03314bef67_c.jpg

snailflipper

So I thought I'd give a little update for everyone!

I finally got the Seachem focus and garlic guard in today and since adding the garlic the fish have seemed to be more interested in the food which is great! The frostbite has been swimming more, but still lays at the bottom a good bit, but I definitely think he is making progress :D my corals all seem to be doing well except for my radioactive dragon eye zoas. I think I might move them to an area with less flow and see how they do. I'm also going out town this weekend for a week and i'm getting a friend to feed the fish, now that I have the Razor I don't have to worry about teaching him how to turn the lights on and off and my ATO reservoir lasts about a week so i'll be good on that. I'm just worried about leaving a sick fish in someones hands that doesn't know what to do if something goes wrong. So i'm really hoping they start making a turn for the better this week before I leave.

Also I was wondering if you can treat with prazio pro and the seachem focus and metronidazole at the same time? I just mix the metronidazole with their food.

In other news I got Chris at Pico aquariums to make me a custom lid with cutouts for all the lily pipes and ato. It's one of their lifenet screen covers it's gonna look pretty sweet! A lot better than what I currently have anyway. Here's some random pics :D

14359839477_a8bbffaa53_c.jpg

Name Idea's?

14546353635_fd65d06b6e_z.jpg

14543000641_03314bef67_c.jpg

Snow White!

Snow White!

AHHH! That's so good why didn't I think of it! You sir, get an internet cookie. :wizard:

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

It's a biggin :lol:

snailflipper

AHHH! That's so good why didn't I think of it! You sir, get an internet cookie. :wizard:

Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

It's a biggin :lol:

nom nom nom haha but thanks! Just a suggestion though just in case you think of something you like better!

nom nom nom haha but thanks! Just a suggestion though just in case you think of something you like better!

Haha, I really do like that, i'll sleep on it! How are your awesome clowns doing?

snailflipper

Haha, I really do like that, i'll sleep on it! How are your awesome clowns doing?

Awesome! Still trying to decide on names for them. Currently have diatoms. Kind of ugly but I'm glad to see the initial startup is almost over! Just wish it didn't make my water have so many particles in it. Is frosty better now?

Archived