Top Shelf Aquatics

Smith's ADA 60-F *Retired*

Smithjm5

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I missed this build. Very nice. :)

Thanks! I appreciate it. :D

So when's the next FTS????

Yes when indeed ^^

I'll try and get one up sometime this week, gotta do a water change tomorrow, been out of town this past week! B)

Beautiful tank, Smith. Chris made you a sweet looking lid, though of course the goby finds the one way out :rolleyes: sneaky buggers. Hope this fish combo works out for you.

Beautiful tank, Smith. Chris made you a sweet looking lid, though of course the goby finds the one way out :rolleyes: sneaky buggers. Hope this fish combo works out for you.

Thanks! Yea it's a really nice lid, but now that the goby has a burrow he darts in there instead of up, so it's all good. And everyone seems to get along great, the clown and damsel swim around together all the time, it's kind of weird haha but i'm not complaining!

Tank is coming together brotha. Likin the new fish. Great tank!

Thanks man I appreciate it, Yea the new fish are getting along great! I love watching the damsel swim all over the place! :D

On another note I switched salts from red sea coral pro to reef crystals(trying to save some $$) And so far i'm not sure, I just did a water change about an hour ago and the water has a slight haze over it, hopefully it'll clear up soon!

The reef crystals should be just fine. I've used all sorts of salts from expensive to cheap. Reef crystals is a great value and a good salt.

I'm now,using seachem reef salt. $52.00 shipped to my door for the 160 gallon bucket.

The reef crystals should be just fine. I've used all sorts of salts from expensive to cheap. Reef crystals is a great value and a good salt.

I'm now,using seachem reef salt. $52.00 shipped to my door for the 160 gallon bucket.

Where'd you order from, if you don't mind me asking that's a good price!

nubsauce2010

amazon is crazy with their prices jumping around i had the glass hood for my tank in my cart for 2 days and price jumped up 5 cents every 4-12 hours was crazy

amazon is crazy with their prices jumping around i had the glass hood for my tank in my cart for 2 days and price jumped up 5 cents every 4-12 hours was crazy

Yea they are, it was the same way when I ordered my wp-10. You just gotta catch them on the lower end!

Tank is looking good!

Thank you!

Sexy tank! I'm thinking about lilly pipes on my next build. Do you get much junk on the surface without an overflow?

Thanks! Not really I keep the pump pointed up so it agitates the surface and that helps, but I also feed pellets mostly and do weekly WC's so not a ton but I could see it being an issue if you feed a lot

Tank looks good , but if that ginormous cat ever decided to take a dip I'm not sure you would have room for water.

Lol! She's actually really small!

Sooo, my yellow tail damsel has been giving me trouble nipping at other fish, so today I decided to take him out and house him in a temporary tank by himself until I can figure out what to do with him. I'm not sure if my LFS will take him (I picked him up at petco...I know lol) So until I can find out if they will he's in a little holding tank that I put some sand and live rock from the main tank. I'm running a aquaclear with purigen and floss, and I had a IM skkye light laying around so I put that on too.

I've been thinking about setting up another smaller tank, a cube of some sort, so I guess you can consider this the start of that out of pure necessity. The new Pico 5g look pretty cool so I may end up picking one of those up and just keep the damsel, and put him by himself in it. We'll see I guess! Until then I'm just going to have to keep up on water changes because i'm guessing there will still be a mini cycle since I used new sand?

Nice... sounds like a plan is forming! I just pulled both my clownfish from my 40 and traded them in at my LFS. Got tired of watching the beat each other up

Sooo, my yellow tail damsel has been giving me trouble nipping at other fish, so today I decided to take him out and house him in a temporary tank by himself until I can figure out what to do with him. I'm not sure if my LFS will take him (I picked him up at petco...I know lol) So until I can find out if they will he's in a little holding tank that I put some sand and live rock from the main tank. I'm running a aquaclear with purigen and floss, and I had a IM skkye light laying around so I put that on too.

I've been thinking about setting up another smaller tank, a cube of some sort, so I guess you can consider this the start of that out of pure necessity. The new Pico 5g look pretty cool so I may end up picking one of those up and just keep the damsel, and put him by himself in it. We'll see I guess! Until then I'm just going to have to keep up on water changes because i'm guessing there will still be a mini cycle since I used new sand?

Just say no to damsels and dottybacks if you want to keep anything else in your systems. At least you found an excuse to set up another aquarium :)

Just say no to damsels and dottybacks if you want to keep anything else in your systems. At least you found an excuse to set up another aquarium :)

Yea I thought this one might be better tempered b/c he was good with my clown but I guess not... Anyway here's the temp tank I set up yesterday, It's only 2.5 gallons which I know isn't adequate but it will only be for a few weeks until I can figure out what I'm going to do, and he seems to like it thus far.

14986538226_018ce3e65b_z.jpg

14822996937_ccea4990cd_z.jpg

14822889690_1d6c7e7e5b_z.jpg

14822888460_e7a8164738_z.jpg

Archived