Pod Your Reef

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

natalia_la_loca

My husband does the same thing :lol:. Lucky for him I'm not in coral buying mode right now :D.

This is where having only two small tanks works out well for me. Only so much room to bust my budget with tons of corals!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

My wife told me last night that if I don't get her the seahorse tank she wants, no more coral for me. She's been pestering me about them for years. She said she would do maintenance and feeding.......yeah right!

This is where having only two small tanks works out well for me. Only so much room to bust my budget with tons of corals!
Oh, you'll figure out a way for more, trust me. Especially with your zoa/paly addiction.
natalia_la_loca

My wife told me last night that if I don't get her the seahorse tank she wants, no more coral for me. She's been pestering me about them for years. She said she would do maintenance and feeding.......yeah right!

Ooooh, you should do it! That way you can share the hobby together. Send her to fusedjaw.com to look into care guidelines. It's easier than ever to keep captive bred seahorses happy. (Not that they're beginner fish by any means, but when their basic needs are met, they're not that hard)

Oh, you'll figure out a way for more, trust me. Especially with your zoa/paly addiction.

True. I do try to pace myself though!

Nanofreak79

Ooooh, you should do it! That way you can share the hobby together. Send her to fusedjaw.com to look into care guidelines. It's easier than ever to keep captive bred seahorses happy. (Not that they're beginner fish by any means, but when their basic needs are met, they're not that hard)

True. I do try to pace myself though!

Thanks for info :) I'll have her read up on them more, and see if it's something she's really willing to do. It's not that I don't want them, but I need another tank like I need another hole in my head.

natalia_la_loca

Thanks for info :) I'll have her read up on them more, and see if it's something she's really willing to do. It's not that I don't want them, but I need another tank like I need another hole in my head.

Understandable! The big thing about seahorses is that they eat a lot and often, so that has to be accounted for when planning their tank. Their poops are gargantuan. (LPS corals luv em...I often see my candycanes and acans gobbling up seahorse turds)

OK, the new thread title says it all. What new zoas or palys do you think I should add to really make this tank pop?

FTS is on first page of thread, and I've posted lots of pics of the Zs and Ps I have already.

I'm not all up with the fancy names and varieties...

But how about some Red Hornets and Creamsicles?

natalia_la_loca

But how about some Red Hornets and Creamsicles?

Red hornets definitely. If the creamsicles are half as incredible in person as they look on the PZ site, then they're going on the list too :wub:

Legendary Corals

Do you have Sunny Ds yet? Those are a really great looking morph and are really affordable. All of the hornets are a great option as well.

natalia_la_loca

Do you have Sunny Ds yet? Those are a really great looking morph and are really affordable. All of the hornets are a great option as well.

Nope, I don't have any sunny Ds and should probably get some. I really want to get some hornets!

Definitely get sunny d's! They were one of my favorites I had! (Recently melted out of nowhere) do you have speckled fire and ice? Love mine from PZ

natalia_la_loca

Blue hornets, purple hornets, red hornets and black hole suns.....there, then you got em all!

Now if only I could find them all in one place...

Definitely get sunny d's! They were one of my favorites I had! (Recently melted out of nowhere) do you have speckled fire and ice? Love mine from PZ

yup, sunny ds are on the shopping list. I have some fire and ice, but they're not speckled...the ones from PZ look nicer.

natalia_la_loca

So it didn't occur to me until just now to actually update my livestock list. Holy cats, I've got 21 varieties of Zs and Ps in this little tank!

Livestock (updated 4/11/14)

Rastas

Ultra rastas

Fire & ice

Ring of fire

Super saiyans

LC petroglyphs

Ghostbusters

Shiznits

Pink rainbows

X-mens

Red people eaters

Green bay packers

"Royal flush" vice zoas

"Twilight zone" vice zoas

Starry nights

Pandoras

Whammin watermelons

Hawaiian people eaters

Some really tall palys with bright pink skirts and blue centers

Some really pretty little bright blue zoas with purple centers

Some other kind of vice zoa that looks like a grasshopper cookie

And I want more, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!! lol

natalia_la_loca

What hornets do you still need?

I know I need red and black :happydance: Are there others? I just got some purples from Glenn :)

Oh yeah, speaking of which...

Purple hornets

13884053026_a4e8c091bf_b_d.jpg

Electric organisms (Every time I look at these, I get that 80s song "Electric Avenue" stuck in my head)

13884050186_fcfd2bddb1_b_d.jpg

Yummy no-name zoas

13884036711_59ea57dbfd_b_d.jpg

Sunny Ds...oops, forgot to take a pic of them fingerscrossed

...and these are the CAAs. They're the only ones that haven't opened. The two polyps at left look okay, but the right one has some necrotic tissue. In the pic you can see the isopods feasting on it.13884047936_835d0e69cc_b_d.jpg

natalia_la_loca

Nice pics! Electric organisms are awesome. The other polyps on the CAA definitely look healthy! fingerscrossed

Yup they do look healthy. I just wish they would open open open open open....

giphy.gif

I know I need red and black :happydance: Are there others? I just got some purples from Glenn :)

Oh yeah, speaking of which...

Purple hornets

13884053026_a4e8c091bf_b_d.jpg

Electric organisms (Every time I look at these, I get that 80s song "Electric Avenue" stuck in my head)

13884050186_fcfd2bddb1_b_d.jpg

Yummy no-name zoas

13884036711_59ea57dbfd_b_d.jpg

Sunny Ds...oops, forgot to take a pic of them fingerscrossed

...and these are the CAAs. They're the only ones that haven't opened. The two polyps at left look okay, but the right one has some necrotic tissue. In the pic you can see the isopods feasting on it.13884047936_835d0e69cc_b_d.jpg

Ouch...that looks bad. I'm just waiting on the frag plugs I ordered to get here. Then I'll cut you a new frag. Not sure what happened, but those CAA's definitely don't look good :(.

Oh, and btw, I'll cut you another 3 polyp frag, not just one :). Even if the other two pull through I'll send the extras for your troubles. Sorry about that!!

natalia_la_loca

Oh, and btw, I'll cut you another 3 polyp frag, not just one :). Even if the other two pull through I'll send the extras for your troubles. Sorry about that!!

Awww, you're the bestest :wub: Thank you so much Glenn!!!

Awww, you're the bestest :wub: Thank you so much Glenn!!!

I just feel bad because I know you had high hopes for the CAA, and rightfully so. I'm kinda curious about what happened to it, was the box in good shape? I literally have not lost a single polyp of CAA's in the past. Whether it be from shipping, fragging, etc.. It has been a model citizen, lol.

natalia_la_loca

I'm kinda curious about what happened to it, was the box in good shape? I literally have not lost a single polyp of CAA's in the past. Whether it be from shipping, fragging, etc.. It has been a model citizen, lol.

No idea. The box looked fine and arrived in the morning, and that polyp on the CAAs looked bad right out of the box. The other four frags were completely open by yesterday evening. Maybe it was too close to the heat pack?

Nanofreak79
I know I need red and black :happydance: Are there others? I just got some purples from Glenn :) Oh yeah, speaking of which... Purple hornets13884053026_a4e8c091bf_b_d.jpg Electric organisms (Every time I look at these, I get that 80s song "Electric Avenue" stuck in my head)13884050186_fcfd2bddb1_b_d.jpg Yummy no-name zoas13884036711_59ea57dbfd_b_d.jpg Sunny Ds...oops, forgot to take a pic of them fingerscrossed ...and these are the CAAs. They're the only ones that haven't opened. The two polyps at left look okay, but the right one has some necrotic tissue. In the pic you can see the isopods feasting on it.13884047936_835d0e69cc_b_d.jpg
When I see that I usually cut off the infected polyp. Helps keep the others alive.

Nice new additions. Tank is looking great.

Archived