ReefCleaners.org

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

Legendary order arrived yesterday :D

Most of my new babies aren't ready for prime time yet. Nearly all of them had open polyps in the bag, but they closed up when I did a Coral Rx dip. They're all coming around, and my two faves are really bouncing back:

Utters

13296842845_d014073929_b.jpg

Petroglyphs

13297007603_7081dd72c7_b.jpg

These are really, really beautiful.

And I have to add that everything I've heard about the stellar packaging, attention to detail, friendliness and all around f***ing awesomeness of Legendary Corals is absolutely true. They are a fantastic small business. Support them.

Now if I could just get my hands on some blondies and some ultra rastas... :happy:

Side shot...needs more color!

13297303823_a95fb77344_b.jpg

Legendary Corals

Legendary order arrived yesterday :D

Most of my new babies aren't ready for prime time yet. Nearly all of them had open polyps in the bag, but they closed up when I did a Coral Rx dip. They're all coming around, and my two faves are really bouncing back:

Utters

13296842845_d014073929_b.jpg

Petroglyphs

13297007603_7081dd72c7_b.jpg

These are really, really beautiful.

And I have to add that everything I've heard about the stellar packaging, attention to detail, friendliness and all around f***ing awesomeness of Legendary Corals is absolutely true. They are a fantastic small business. Support them.

Now if I could just get my hands on some blondies and some ultra rastas... :happy:

Side shot...needs more color!

13297303823_a95fb77344_b.jpg

Beautiful pieces! Legendary corals is the shizz!

So true. I'd order from them again in a heartbeat.

They look amazing natalia! Hope that the pink rainbow and ghostbusters color up soon. We're always more than happy to help you find some zp's again. :D

natalia_la_loca

They look amazing natalia! Hope that the pink rainbow and ghostbusters color up soon. We're always more than happy to help you find some zp's again. :D

I think they'll be fine. Oh I'll be ordering again, I just need to pace myself...I've only got so much space in this tank :)

Awesome tank and Z/P collection!!!!!

What part of the midwest are you in? I'm originally from NW Indiana and my mom is still there. The weather has been brutal for them as well.

I noticed you mentioned dosing aminos in your first post. Be careful with that! I ran into trouble with algae when I dosed it a couple of years ago.

natalia_la_loca

Awesome tank and Z/P collection!!!!!

What part of the midwest are you in? I'm originally from NW Indiana and my mom is still there. The weather has been brutal for them as well.

I noticed you mentioned dosing aminos in your first post. Be careful with that! I ran into trouble with algae when I dosed it a couple of years ago.

Thanks :) I really love my little nano. It's so simple compared to my seahorse tank. I adore my seahorses, but they're a handful :D

I'm in the tundra of michigan, finally thawing out....finally! Pretty sure this is the nastiest winter I've ever seen.

I appreciate the warning about the aminos. I'm dosing them very sparingly, just a few drops a week now. Im ready to discontinue them anytime, but so far so good.

I had to back off my elos amino supplements. Mad algae growth!

worth it, when i feed my zoas the next morning my tank is brown. im okay with this

Thanks :) I really love my little nano. It's so simple compared to my seahorse tank. I adore my seahorses, but they're a handful :D

I'm in the tundra of michigan, finally thawing out....finally! Pretty sure this is the nastiest winter I've ever seen.

I appreciate the warning about the aminos. I'm dosing them very sparingly, just a few drops a week now. Im ready to discontinue them anytime, but so far so good.

My mom and her husband are threatening to move to Michigan. He has property up there and they want to build a house on it. I can't remember the name of the city but it's right along the eastern side of Lake Michigan so supposedly it doesn't get quite as cold (still cold though) and as much snow. It looks really pretty from the photos I've seen. I think it's near Traverse City.

No problem on the aminos. I haven't used them since having that issue with them.

natalia_la_loca

My mom and her husband are threatening to move to Michigan. He has property up there and they want to build a house on it. I can't remember the name of the city but it's right along the eastern side of Lake Michigan so supposedly it doesn't get quite as cold (still cold though) and as much snow. It looks really pretty from the photos I've seen. I think it's near Traverse City.

No problem on the aminos. I haven't used them since having that issue with them.

Are they going to be there year round??? Kinda thought lake effect would lead to some super intense winters. I know that happens downstate along Lake MI...massive snow drifts and that.

That said, the Lake MI shoreline near traverse city is wonderful in summertime. Such a beautiful place.

Aaaaaaaand more z/p pics as they continue to open up and acclimate:

Starry nights (weird how the cam makes the rocks behind look all mossy, it's just green film algae, all GHA is gone)

13409086283_c3d6ded5eb_b.jpg

Ghostbusters, these lost some of their color but are coloring up again

13409117253_6dcccaf917_b.jpg

natalia_la_loca

Its gonna nice in a few months when those colonies take off.

Hope so :) It may take a while, there's still lots of room to fill out!

natalia_la_loca

Love those ghostbusters. Did they come slightly subdued, or did it just happen in your tank?

They lost some of their color before shipping. Darwin was super nice about it, he let me know beforehand and gave me some freebies to compensate :)

Nanofreak79

They lost some of their color before shipping. Darwin was super nice about it, he let me know beforehand and gave me some freebies to compensate :)

That's nice of him. They look super cool, and bright when colored up.......I'm sure you know ;)

natalia_la_loca

That's nice of him. They look super cool, and bright when colored up.......I'm sure you know ;)

Oh I know :D can't wait till they get their mojo back

:)

So many Michiganders around here now it seems. And yeah this winter has been one of the worst in my 25 years here. I kept thinking this was coming with the last 2 mild winters we had.

natalia_la_loca

So many Michiganders around here now it seems.

Reef tanks hold a special attraction for Great Lakes peeps...the ocean is so close, yet so far away...

Are they going to be there year round??? Kinda thought lake effect would lead to some super intense winters. I know that happens downstate along Lake MI...massive snow drifts and that.

That said, the Lake MI shoreline near traverse city is wonderful in summertime. Such a beautiful place.

Aaaaaaaand more z/p pics as they continue to open up and acclimate:

Starry nights (weird how the cam makes the rocks behind look all mossy, it's just green film algae, all GHA is gone)

13409086283_c3d6ded5eb_b.jpg

Ghostbusters, these lost some of their color but are coloring up again

13409117253_6dcccaf917_b.jpg

Yep, year round. I think they are crazy. They are in their mid to late 60s. They should be thinking warmer not colder LOL. Oh well :).

Beautiful Zs and Ps :wub:.

natalia_la_loca

Yep, year round. I think they are crazy. They are in their mid to late 60s. They should be thinking warmer not colder LOL. Oh well :).

"Crazy" is precisely the word that came to mind...

OTOH, all that snow is pretty. I like looking at it--while sitting inside wrapped in a blanket and drinking a hot toddy with my sweetie :wub:

natalia_la_loca

moar peeshurs!!!!

Fire and ice are fully recovered. No hydroids in sight woohoo!!! Also really loving how these little blue zoas are coloring up. I got them over a year ago at a frag swap, but they got all pale and just kind of sat there in my seahorse tank...now they've got much better color, polyp extension.

13426371884_294ca966de.jpg

The blue in the vice zoas (I think they're called royal flush, I got them from Aquascapers last year) has gotten a lot more intense too. They don't really fluoresce under actinics, but they're beautiful under daylights...

13426007825_d7ed523960.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's a pic of one of the utters pooping :happydance:

13426125223_60760d0229.jpg

natalia_la_loca

:D

13431215384_5815b26dd4.jpg

Pictures are Saweeeeeeet

I'm getting a little better at taking pics with my phone. That's one good thing about the stock lights on this nuvo (in addition to they really do grow the Zs and Ps!!!)...there's enough white light that it's not that hard to get a decent photo.

Archived