Innovative Marine Aquariums

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

natalia_la_loca

Funny, KZ stuff doesn't say, they don't want anyone stealing there mojo.

Or figuring out that some of their key ingredients are ordinary things that would be cheap and easy to get <_<

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79

I really liked the nano pack. I might buy that again. It lasted me quite a while. I just can't pay the $50 a bottle of each of them.

natalia_la_loca

I really liked the nano pack. I might buy that again. It lasted me quite a while. I just can't pay the $50 a bottle of each of them.

yup, that's what I've got. I expect it will last a long time, except maybe the Pohl's Xtra and Amino Acid LPS which I'm also dosing in my seahorse tank. My browned-out birdsnest is turning green again after looking like a turd for eight months :happydance:

natalia_la_loca

Oh no.. half polyps? Yeah, definitely remind me to saw those tops off for you next time.

That would be soooooo nice!!!! Just being able to pop off the tops with a screwdriver and glue them to the scape...happy zoas, happy me :)

Nanofreak79

I pretty much cut mine down as far as I could. Removing the polyps,and gluing them usually results in my clean up crew knocking them off before they take hold of the rock.

natalia_la_loca

I pretty much cut mine down as far as I could. Removing the polyps,and gluing them usually results in my clean up crew knocking them off before they take hold of the rock.

You're able to do that with the cone-shaped plugs? The regular ones I can crop off with those cutters that have the cutting edge perpendicular to the handle, but I couldn't do that with the cones.

I don't think the snail will knock these off, but if it does I'll probably get a masonry bit and drill holes large enough to fit whole plugs right into the rock. Which is a PIA...hence the awesomeness of frag plugs with pop-off tops :)

Legendary Corals

You're able to do that with the cone-shaped plugs? The regular ones I can crop off with those cutters that have the cutting edge perpendicular to the handle, but I couldn't do that with the cones.

I don't think the snail will knock these off, but if it does I'll probably get a masonry bit and drill holes large enough to fit whole plugs right into the rock. Which is a PIA...hence the awesomeness of frag plugs with pop-off tops :)

Pop-Offs! That should be a new thing. :)

natalia_la_loca

Sorry about the pox :( Don't worry, you can beat it! That furan stuff works :)

glad to hear :) So far so good. No melters yet!

natalia_la_loca

Finished day three of furan 2 dip of four frags yesterday. Will let them rest now and see if I need to do a repeat next week.

It took a while, but the super saiyans are now both open. They went through 2 rounds (6 dips total) of Furan 2. The first round didn't seem to help at all, they didn't open the whole time. But they're open now! Pic from this evening:

14089945993_d0b1f4d0b2_b_d.jpg

Also, here are the ones I removed from their plugs and added to the scape:

Pink rainbows and x-mens

13883293707_ffdf550fff_b_d.jpg

Starry nights (these are the ones I cut in half like a f***in idiot...still pissed as you can see, but I think they'll live)

14066736192_c476469e80_b_d.jpg

And I'm not sure what's going on with these no name palys. They have been scrunched up like this for the last week and a half or so. Any ideas? (BTW, they already had the long stem thing going on when I bought them...I don't think it's a response to my lights)

14070363794_7f355ed993_b_d.jpg

Legendary Corals

For a moment I thought those last ones were your Petroglyphs and went WOW that's phenomenal growth! I'm not sure on the name on those, but I'm glad that everything is bouncing back! The Starry Nights should heal up in no time. They're a rather hardy morph. Hope you didn't injure yourself trying to get them off.

natalia_la_loca

For a moment I thought those last ones were your Petroglyphs and went WOW that's phenomenal growth! I'm not sure on the name on those, but I'm glad that everything is bouncing back! The Starry Nights should heal up in no time. They're a rather hardy morph. Hope you didn't injure yourself trying to get them off.

nope, the petros are doing well but aren't growing THAT fast :D I couldn't get a good pic of them, I placed them in a higher area of the tank and was getting a lot of glare in the camera.

lol no I didn't get hurt, only my pride!

Gonna give the saiyans a couple weeks to recover before I try removing them from their plug. I'm planning to attach them to a piece of LR rubble rather than the scape so that I can easily pull them out for treatment if they get the pox again. They are soooo pretty, I want them to stay healthy!!!

Here's a simple solution for those that want to easily snap off the tops of frag plugs. All I did was cut a groove about 2/3 of the way through the plug. It was still plenty strong structurally and I don't see any reason why It wouldn't work just fine long term if necessary. Then the top of the plug can EASILY be snapped off with little effort. Just slide a flat head screw driver into the groove and give it a little twist and the top pops right off. This was my first attempt...

13883476900_78d2595dfa.jpg

14090128103_a2bba6ec32.jpg

:).

I'll be cutting all of my plugs like this from now on.

natalia_la_loca

Here's a simple solution for those that want to easily snap off the tops of frag plugs. All I did was cut a groove about 2/3 of the way through the plug. It was still plenty strong structurally and I don't see any reason why It wouldn't work just fine long term if necessary. Then the top of the plug can EASILY be snapped off with little effort. Just slide a flat head screw driver into the groove and give it a little twist and the top pops right off. This was my first attempt...

OMG that is fantastic!!!! A very elegant solution.

Polyps and fingers everywhere will be grateful :happydance:

It's one of those "why didn't I think of that sooner" things, lol. Want me to notch the plugs your frags are on before I ship them?

natalia_la_loca

It's one of those "why didn't I think of that sooner" things, lol. Want me to notch the plugs your frags are on before I ship them?

I would absolutely love that.

Nanofreak79

https://flic.kr/p/n9QrZo'>13883476900_78d2595dfa.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/nt6Aca'>14090128103_a2bba6ec32.jpg

I love you!

natalia_la_loca

Haha, you would have loved me more had I seen this thread before I shipped your frags, lol.

oh don't worry, that won't be the last order he places :)

Nanofreak79

Haha, you would have loved me more had I seen this thread before I shipped your frags, lol.

Damn..... I unfriend you then!

oh don't worry, that won't be the last order he places :)
True dat. I might have weasel end my way into a order this month. Gotta do some more sucking up.

Archived