Cultivated Reef

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

Love the plans for the painting. The style reminds me a little of Thomas Canty. Are those zoas around her? I'm excited to see this when it is finished.

I always want to start a Z&P only tank whenever you update your thread. :) I'm excited to see more of your damsel tank too.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

Love the plans for the painting. The style reminds me a little of Thomas Canty. Are those zoas around her? I'm excited to see this when it is finished.

I always want to start a Z&P only tank whenever you update your thread. :) I'm excited to see more of your damsel tank too.

Interesting, I'd never heard of Thomas Canty, but when I google his work I can see where you would get that. His paintings are lovely. And yes those are zoas :)

I wish more people would start zoa only tanks. But I can understand why not, they can certainly be frustrating!

• 1 month later...
gulfsurfer101

How's that snail population coming along? The best surefire way to kill them for me is superglue them into their shell. Some of the bigger ones may bee able to bust out the side of their tube abs continue to grow so keep an eye on them and just hit em with more glue! They'll starve over time.

• 1 month later...
natalia_la_loca

Hey you guys, I'm back :happydance:

So I've got bad news and good news. (actually from my point of view it's all good news, lol)

Bad news is, I've retired both of my tanks. I was losing my passion for them, and hydroids and flatworms were starting to take over again. So, rather than bringing out the nukes and waging war again, I did some soul-searching, took them apart, and traded everything in at the LFS.

BUT I couldn't bear the thought of being completely tankless. So next week I'm starting an opae ula tank :)

opaeula2.jpg

Hey you guys, I'm back :happydance:

So I've got bad news and good news. (actually from my point of view it's all good news, lol)

Bad news is, I've retired both of my tanks. I was losing my passion for them, and hydroids and flatworms were starting to take over again. So, rather than bringing out the nukes and waging war again, I did some soul-searching, took them apart, and traded everything in at the LFS.

BUT I couldn't bear the thought of being completely tankless. So next week I'm starting an opae ula tank :)

opaeula2.jpg

Welcome back! I'm sad to see your tanks go, but I'm excited to hear about your new one! And I need to go look up what an opae ula is - sure looks pretty from that photo!

natalia_la_loca

Thanks :) They're really pretty, like a smaller version of the cherry shrimp in freshwater tanks.

In terms of maintenance, these little guys are extremely, extremely, extremely easy to take care of. Just the thing for a burned-out reefer like me.

natalia_la_loca

What! You retired the tanks? :(

yuppers. I was tired of the endless cycle of invasives, unexplained zoa meltings, and unending flows of cash going down the drain. I also wanted to have more hours for painting, traveling, staying in shape, and--ahem--romance. It was time.

yuppers. I was tired of the endless cycle of invasives, unexplained zoa meltings, and unending flows of cash going down the drain. I also wanted to have more hours for painting, traveling, staying in shape, and--ahem--romance. It was time.

I hear you on the unending flows of cash going down the drain. Part of the reason I went to a softie tank.

Tank troubles and unwanted pests can suck the joy out of this hobby for sure.

Romance! :wub: Good for you.

Ah, I am going to miss you natalia but I understand. It's always best to do what is best for the animals and you are making that choice so I applaud you! Have fun with the cherry shrimp!

We'll miss you! I'm sorry you had to take the tanks down but it sounds like it is for the best. I will miss seeing your beautiful zoa pics!

natalia_la_loca

Aw, thanks everyone! I won't go away entirely, nano-reef is too much fun to stay away for long. I may start a thread for my little shrimp bowl :)

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow, I missed all this. Pests are...well, what can one say other than they can take the wind out of anyone's sails. Gazing into my crystal reef ball, I predict that you'll start up again one day :)

Any pics of the shrimp bowl?

natalia_la_loca

Thanks a bunch! Really like the small bowls concept...simple, yet elegant and interesting

Glad you like it :) and your prediction has already come true :lol:

Archived