Coral Vue Hydros

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

Everything is looking marvelous :). How's the vegetable garden coming along???

Very well :) going the simple route this year cause we're doing more traveling than usual. Have butternut squash, Cherokee purple tomatoes, curly kale and garlic loving all the sun and rain we've been getting. And the blueberry bushes are really taking off this year! What have you got in your garden?

Very well :) going the simple route this year cause we're doing more traveling than usual. Have butternut squash, Cherokee purple tomatoes, curly kale and garlic loving all the sun and rain we've been getting. And the blueberry bushes are really taking off this year! What have you got in your garden?

Nice variety!!!! I have tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, green beans, green peppers, artichokes, garlic, and zucchini. I think that's it :). Gonna post some photos of the garden in my thread!
natalia_la_loca

Nice variety!!!! I have tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, green beans, green peppers, artichokes, garlic, and zucchini. I think that's it :). Gonna post some photos of the garden in my thread!

Do it do it do it! I'm not gonna post pics of mine tho, it's kinda janky looking cause I mulched it with dead leaves from last fall :)

Do it do it do it! I'm not gonna post pics of mine tho, it's kinda janky looking cause I mulched it with dead leaves from last fall :)

Pictures are posted :). My husband planted some garlic but so far nothing has popped up. Does it take long?
  • 1 month later...
natalia_la_loca

eep, i haven't posted here in ages! been supa busy with summer things.

Went to art camp for two weeks and everything pulled through, yay tank sitter :happydance:

Not all that much new to report on the tanks. My Zs/Ps are fine but are kind of just hangin out, no big growth lately (with a couple of exceptions). I've started adding a little phyto now and then, and a few drops of KZ Amino Acid LPS each day to see if that gets them growing faster.

14633898897_ccae72a011_z_d.jpg

Splattered melons are looking bleached (I may have raised the light intensity too quickly) but are spreading FAST:

14817328771_d7cd61033b_z_d.jpg

14797407966_7ce1c0372d_z_d.jpg

14820042172_90b6efa283_z_d.jpg

14633777768_1547f22a39_z_d.jpg

The corals in my seahorse tank are just exploding. In that tank, the combo of Pohl's Xtra Special plus Amino Acid LPS daily seems to have been the deciding factor. I asked the tank sitter to dose both those things every day during my vacation. Instead of a tank full of hair algae, I came home to this:

14797443486_cb6f6e5d71_z_d.jpg

14820452905_4d2a69d0da_z_d.jpg

Pictures are posted :). My husband planted some garlic but so far nothing has popped up. Does it take long?

sorry about taking like a month to respond :blush: Garlic is generally planted in early winter, at least that's the case for the hardneck garlic we plant. In fact I just harvested our garlic yesterday :) It needs to go through some cold months to really grow.

Oh and yesterday we picked our first heirloom tomato of the season! it was gooooooood...gazpacho time soon.

So yup, I paint. Here's a little something from my sketchbook.

14634024218_ff3e946211_z_d.jpg

eep, i haven't posted here in ages! been supa busy with summer things.

Went to art camp for two weeks and everything pulled through, yay tank sitter :happydance:

Not all that much new to report on the tanks. My Zs/Ps are fine but are kind of just hangin out, no big growth lately (with a couple of exceptions). I've started adding a little phyto now and then, and a few drops of KZ Amino Acid LPS each day to see if that gets them growing faster.

14633898897_ccae72a011_z_d.jpg

Splattered melons are looking bleached (I may have raised the light intensity too quickly) but are spreading FAST:

14817328771_d7cd61033b_z_d.jpg

14797407966_7ce1c0372d_z_d.jpg

14820042172_90b6efa283_z_d.jpg

14633777768_1547f22a39_z_d.jpg

The corals in my seahorse tank are just exploding. In that tank, the combo of Pohl's Xtra Special plus Amino Acid LPS daily seems to have been the deciding factor. I asked the tank sitter to dose both those things every day during my vacation. Instead of a tank full of hair algae, I came home to this:

14797443486_cb6f6e5d71_z_d.jpg

14820452905_4d2a69d0da_z_d.jpg

sorry about taking like a month to respond :blush: Garlic is generally planted in early winter, at least that's the case for the hardneck garlic we plant. In fact I just harvested our garlic yesterday :) It needs to go through some cold months to really grow.

Oh and yesterday we picked our first heirloom tomato of the season! it was gooooooood...gazpacho time soon.

So yup, I paint. Here's a little something from my sketchbook.

14634024218_ff3e946211_z_d.jpg

Wow...you are a talented lady :). I would frame that :).

So the garlic we planted is finally starting to sprout some green. Like in the last two weeks. Must be a different variety.

Nice to see you posting again :D.

natalia_la_loca

Wow...you are a talented lady :). I would frame that :).

So the garlic we planted is finally starting to sprout some green. Like in the last two weeks. Must be a different variety.

Nice to see you posting again :D.

Thanks, it's nice to be back :) I'll be curious to see how your garlic does! I wonder what kind it is.
Nanofreak79

What's good girlie? Tank is siiiick, lovin the seahorse tank. I just re uped my blue bottle stock. My tank seems much happier dosing my blue bottle regimen than without. I ran out awhile back on a few things and quit adding them. I can tell the difference for sure. Anyway, nice to see you back and everything doing well.

natalia_la_loca

What's good girlie? Tank is siiiick, lovin the seahorse tank. I just re uped my blue bottle stock. My tank seems much happier dosing my blue bottle regimen than without. I ran out awhile back on a few things and quit adding them. I can tell the difference for sure. Anyway, nice to see you back and everything doing well.

Haha, blue bottle addicts unite! My tank sitter wasn't adding any other coral food for two weeks...just mysis for the seahorses, and AALPS and pohls xtra for the corals.

It's great to be back :)

Thanks, it's nice to be back :) I'll be curious to see how your garlic does! I wonder what kind it is.

It's the organic garlic I bought at the grocery store :lol:.
  • 5 months later...
natalia_la_loca

hi everyone, I'm back :) I was really busy painting in the fall, and enjoying the autumn days. In the meantime a lot has happened with my Nuvo 8.

The worst of it is, I lost my candy apple awesomes and vice zoas :( I suspect I wasn't giving them the right nutrition--for a while I slacked off on giving them their reef roids, coral frenzy etc. This pic shows the last of the CAAs withering away. On the other hand, the rastas and rings of fire are happy and spreading...

15931865791_4d31afa36b_z_d.jpg

The ultra rastas are doing well but not really growing. The blondies finally have a new head. I'm loving those no-name blue zoas...notice one of them has a double head

16068297130_575b1d80fd_z_d.jpg

Petroglyphs are looking great

15633258994_17755dc89b_z_d.jpg

15746537200_c2d82b0dd9_z_d.jpg

I added a peppermint shrimp to get rid of a few aiptasias that were popping up. He took care of those within 24 hours, so now I'm giving him a little piece of Rod's Coral Food each day. He's a messy eater, and the zoas seem happy to eat the leftovers. Hopefully that will help with their growth.

The other big thing that happened is, in December I lost both seahorses in my 37 gallon tank...RIP Justa and Rufina :( It seems to have been a raging bacterial infection that took them both over the course of about a week, despite the fact that I was keeping up good husbandry and a low temperature, and seeing no evidence of excess organics that might have contributed to a bacterial problem.

After seeing Justa and Rufina die, I was ready for a change, and my partner wanted to see more color and movement in the tank. So now my 37 is a damsel tank!

15635782913_a6812f7ca1_z_d.jpg

Nice to see you updating!

I'm sorry about the loss of your ponies. But, the damsels seem like a fun way to reboot it. Even if their personality is the polar opposite of a seahorse, they are super colorful and active fish. :)

natalia_la_loca

I'm sorry about the loss of your ponies. But, the damsels seem like a fun way to reboot it. Even if their personality is the polar opposite of a seahorse, they are super colorful and active fish. :)

yup, it was time to move on to something new. They're a huge departure for me. The colors are wonderful and OMG are they easy to feed!!! No feeding station, no turning off the pumps, no target feeding!!!

Just noticed this thread. Very nice aquascape. I have a similar "mountain" in my tank. Very cool.

thank you :) do you have a thread for your tank? I'd love to see it!

BTW, my partner started a planted tank :wub: it's a fluval spec v.

16072495000_0abdd62b51_z_d.jpg

Archived