Coral Vue Hydros

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

i'll take good care of your babies :) got a couple of bad pics before the lights got too blue to take photos. btw thank you for the gorgeous freebie palys!!! They were a little pissed this evening because my peppermint shrimp was feeling them up.

rise and shine oompa loompas!

15884015134_72a416d774_z_d.jpg

YR Peachy Blues from Legendary...OMG they live up to the hype (altho you wouldn't know it from this krap photo)

16504847571_8a39c1a50d_z_d.jpg

froot loops already wide awake :happydance:

16505553401_bc788fe901_z_d.jpg

Those Peachy Blues :wub:

Wish I wasn't out of town next week. I wonder if I order Thursday morning if Darwin could ship them to me for Friday arrival :) :)

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legendary Corals

Those Peachy Blues :wub:

Wish I wasn't out of town next week. I wonder if I order Thursday morning if Darwin could ship them to me for Friday arrival :) :)

I caaaaaaan. But I always tell peeps I don't recommend it in case it gets delayed. Then it'd stay at the shipping hub over the weekend.

natalia_la_loca

They are worth waiting for!

sigh...Joan had another one of her night raids in the 37 gallon. But this time the victim was the damsel she's been most friendly with. And now Bette, her nemesis, is getting all friendly (frenemies?) with her. The tabloid drama of azure damsels.

anyway, I managed to get the victim separated from the lot and into a breeder box before fatal damage was done. Back to the LFS she goes. And then there were four.

I do and am :) (i have a day job tho...no way I could support this hobby by selling paintings). I've bounced around several art schools over the years. My work is mostly symbolist/surrealist drawing and painting as well as various other media, found objects, etc. what sort of work do you do?

20141205_223735_zps0cfba708.jpg

Here is one of my pieces. I would describe myself as a wildlife/animal illustrator. I am 55 years old now and extremely farsighted so I struggle with doing artwork with lots of detail. I probably should incorporate a more impressionistic or graphic quality to my work but I just don't have the fire to draw anymore. I guess that is sad but I am not sad about it. I have lots of other fulfilling things in my life and only so much time, LOL.

natalia_la_loca

beautiful :) There are many different outlets for creativity...drawing/painting is just one of them. Reef tanks are another. Unfortunately, setting up a really great art-reef in a gallery presents one or two logistical challenges (oh and I've thought about doing it, lol)

this is a drawing/painting I finished last fall...

16323780528_22ca1711d2_z_d.jpg

Wow, such a fascinating painting. It is lovely in its execution and powerful in its effect! I am thinking that you are a deeper, more thought provoking artist than I am. Most of my work is light hearted, and the one I posted is probably the darkest piece I ever did. I was wrestling with some inner turmoil and personal demons at the time and not in the place of peace that I am now.

natalia_la_loca

thank you :flower: I will admit that my artwork tends not to be of the lighthearted persuasion...it is dark and stormy and complicated (although not too morbid I hope). There is a fair amount of agony and ecstasy in my artmaking.

I thought I was seeing some inner turmoil in that picture of yours! I would love to see more of your work. I really want to start bringing more of my reefing hobby into my artwork. The challenges of reefkeeping are--if not similar--at least parallel to those of painting...

natalia_la_loca

that's a nice one isn't it? It's a no-namer that was on a hockey puck at the LFS...and it was cheeeeeep :happydance: I was super thrilled to find it, I'm a huge fan of blue zoas :)

natalia_la_loca

Hi

I have a love for zoanthids too, I will sit and check out your diary tomo.

Just getting ready to leave for my night shift :(

Your zoa pics are :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: !!!!!!

I was all over that the second they went live :happydance: they sent an email to all their former customers before they put it out on the interwebz. I'M GONNA HAVE VICE ZOAS AGAAAAAAIN omgomgomg

Your zoa pics are :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: !!!!!!

I was all over that the second they went live :happydance: they sent an email to all their former customers before they put it out on the interwebz. I'M GONNA HAVE VICE ZOAS AGAAAAAAIN omgomgomg

I have been watching there site since Gena said they were back in business. I love vice zoas as well I had to have these I have been drooling over them all week. Did you order from Aquascapers today?

image.jpg1_11.jpg

Hi

I have a love for zoanthids too, I will sit and check out your diary tomo.

Just getting ready to leave for my night shift :(

You have a beautiful tank and awesome pics.

I have been watching there site since Gena said they were back in business. I love vice zoas as well I had to have these I have been drooling over them all week. Did you order from Aquascapers today?

I had to physically restrain myself from ordering last night when I got their e-mail. Now I'm starting to think, "Ef it, I want Vice Zoas!"

I had to physically restrain myself from ordering last night when I got their e-mail. Now I'm starting to think, "Ef it, I want Vice Zoas!"

They're beautiful and grow really fast. I wanted to buy a bunch of them but must refrain till Spring :lol:
Legendary Corals

That's the spirit!!! The searchlights are sooo gorgeous.

natalia_la_loca

I ordered miami vice and searchlights :)

the other nice thing about them is they respond well to target feeding. They like Coral Frenzy in particular.

Legendary Corals

You guys are so bad for me. I was strong until I fell into bad company. Both Darwin and Aquascapers got money from me tonight :happydance:

I will make my best attempt to beat Aquascapers.

natalia_la_loca

what did you order teeny? :)

Darwin you can beat them, theyve raised their prices significantly. Not quite to cornbred/jason fox levels, but much higher than they were before!

I'm digging the green-eyed Dalmatians. I just like having a known source of Caribbean zoas for my Florida biotope tank. (Yes, I know KP Aquatics has some too, but not the same variety or WYSIWYG.) And I know these are aquacultured. Plus I want to support Coral Morphologic because of the work they have done such as rescuing corals from the dredging project in Governor's Cut in the Port of Miami. So, win-win, even if the zoa prices are a little steep. (The St. Thomas mushrooms prices are quite good though!)

Darwin's stuff fills my other tank and frag tank though! :D

natalia_la_loca

yup, they seem to have the market cornered for unusual caribbean zoas. And I totally agree about supporting CM's coral rescue work in Miami. Their prices really aren't all that bad considering that the numbers of polyps are fairly generous. It's just that they used to be REALLY cheap and now, not so much.

One of the few issues I have with caribbean zoas is that even though they have wonderful colors, a lot of them don't fluoresce like indo-pacific zoas do. So they can be outshined by the indo-pacifics, depending on the lighting and their juxtaposition with other corals. It's good to keep this in mind when looking at the zoas on the Aquascapers site.

BTW I was eyeing the green eyed dalmatians too, I'm surprised nobody has snapped them up. I wonder what they look like under different lights.

what did you order teeny? :)

Darwin you can beat them, theyve raised their prices significantly. Not quite to cornbred/jason fox levels, but much higher than they were before!

From Aquascapers I got the Searchlights and Aquafresh. I got a bunch o' stuff from Legendary :ninja:

I've got to wait forever before I can take a shipment though because I'm going to be out of town a lot :(

I'm still eyeing those Dalmations, though. I may add them to the shipment if somebody else hasn't snapped them up.

Anybody know how many different zoas you can fit in 10g tank? I guess i could always add some to my 4g tank :lol:

Archived