ReefCleaners.org

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

Nanofreak79

So I'm a little confused? your saying these probiotics are increasing growth, color, polyp increase and keeping disease at bay? Thanks I'm sure you've already explained

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!!!! I want my zoas to look half as good as yours!!! The tank looks so good and thanks for the links for the probiotics.

Have you tried reef chilli? I bought some from BRS and was going to try it in my tank. Haven't received the order yet but it is coming!!!!

natalia_la_loca

So I'm a little confused your saying these probiotics are increasing growth, color, polyp increase and keeping disease at bay? Thanks I'm sure you've already explained

I wouldn't go so far as to say that ;) I think I'm getting positive results from probiotics, but it's just one tank, with lots of different factors that could influence growth. I feed and dose lots of other things. And I still lose polyps here and there (viz: the daisy dukes, which seem to be responding well thus far to the Furan 2 dips).

But all that said, I think the probiotics help. I believe at least some of the zoas are consuming them based on feeding response. I had slow or no growth on several colonies for months before I started dosing them (ultra rastas, blondies, utter chaos especially), and those colonies are multiplying now. It would be interesting to see if others get good results too. For my part I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, because it seems to be working :)

natalia_la_loca

Wow!!!! I want my zoas to look half as good as yours!!! The tank looks so good and thanks for the links for the probiotics.

Have you tried reef chilli? I bought some from BRS and was going to try it in my tank. Haven't received the order yet but it is coming!!!!

thank you jojoe :flower: I haven't tried reef chili, but I'd love to know how it works for you. IME particle size seems to be more important than the type of food...smaller is better. I have seen good feeding responses to Rod's Food Coral Blend, Coral Frenzy, and Fauna Marin Ultra Ricordea and Zoanthus (mixed with Ultra Min D per the package instructions). And the bigger zoas (like petroglyphs, vamps in drag, larger caribbean zoa morphs like vice zoas) tend to be more active about grabbing food.

BTW my vice zoas have nine heads now omgomgomg

My tank right now is going through an algae bloom so most if not all of my zoos are covered in dinos. Bad RO water from an LFS and I am not sure how long it has been going on. My fault for just trusting and not checking but unreal!!! Probably has leeched into my live rock now, smh!!!

So constant water changes have been going on and I am hoping to get out of this in a month. Then start trying some chilli!!!

Nanofreak79

I haven't tried pro biopics, I might read up a little more so I know what I'm doing, but it sounds like it's doing something posotive for you. Thanks for answering some of my questions,

I haven't tried pro biopics, I might read up a little more so I know what I'm doing, but it sounds like it's doing something posotive for you. Thanks for answering some of my questions,

nanofreak, I use sanolife mic-F in my tanks for the seahorses. Probiotics not only benefit zoas but also are used to keep pathogenic bacterias at bay which is why us seahorse keepers often use them. So your fish can also benefit from their use. Do zoas eat brine shrimp because you can gut load brine shrimp with it and benefit your tank that way as well, if you are using a product like Seachem Stability and you don't want the bacteria to compete for surface area.

natalia_la_loca

thank you Chris :)

I managed to get a better top down shot of the vice zoas. I was wrong about those, there are 10 heads now :lol:

17591681824_bdd5efa84a_z_d.jpg

this one is from a weird angle

18026925008_5a0c1999ac_z_d.jpg

the fire & ice zoas are growing nicely. These are the ones I almost lost early last year after a zoa pox outbreak. Yay Furan 2. They seem to have lost the "ice" zooxanthellae as a result of the pox, but they still look pretty.

17594228193_762d10a76d_z_d.jpg

I have been wanting some vice's for awhile but afraid to get some since my zoas are hit and miss in the tank.

Looking good and hopefully Daisy starts perking up, ha!

natalia_la_loca

thank you Chris, I'm slowly getting better at photographing the tank :) I did bump up the reds a little in Snapseed to get rid of some of the blue that the iphone sees. Believe it or not, those colors are a good representation of what I see under the Nanobox.

Jojoe, if you get vice zoas, try feeding them. They show one of the best feeding responses of any zoa I have. I target feed mine Rods Food Coral Blend every day.

Nanofreak79

nanofreak, I use sanolife mic-F in my tanks for the seahorses. Probiotics not only benefit zoas but also are used to keep pathogenic bacterias at bay which is why us seahorse keepers often use them. So your fish can also benefit from their use. Do zoas eat brine shrimp because you can gut load brine shrimp with it and benefit your tank that way as well, if you are using a product like Seachem Stability and you don't want the bacteria to compete for surface area.

Thank you, that was very nice of you to share. Such awesome Reefers in here and threads as well......natalia, with your great pics and cool little zoa/paly I'm a little Jelly. :happy:

BTW, I completed the third Furan 2 treatment of the daisy dukes. And now the wait.

I've either had really good luck with fur an or not so much. I hope you daisy duke pull through. Always sucks to lose any of your hard earned collection.

natalia_la_loca

Thank you, that was very nice of you to share. Such awesome Reefers in here and threads as well......natalia, with your great pics and cool little zoa/paly I'm a little Jelly. :happy:

I've either had really good luck with fur an or not so much. I hope you daisy duke pull through. Always sucks to lose any of your hard earned collection.

I know, I love nano-reef :) and I have NO doubt that you will get up to speed very soon!

Love the pics! And your Petros are soooooooo happy!

Next time you play around with the orange filter set your blue LEDs high and your white LEDs low, maybe a quarter of the power of the blues. The orange filter will keep your iPhone camera from freaking out over the blues.

Those vice zoas :wub: They look especially nice next to the others - are they searchlights?

Mine are doing OK but not spreading like yours are (yet...)

natalia_la_loca

Love the pics! And your Petros are soooooooo happy!

Next time you play around with the orange filter set your blue LEDs high and your white LEDs low, maybe a quarter of the power of the blues. The orange filter will keep your iPhone camera from freaking out over the blues.

Thank you, I'll try that with the filter next time :)

Those vice zoas :wub: They look especially nice next to the others - are they searchlights?

Mine are doing OK but not spreading like yours are (yet...)

They really do make a nice combination. No those aren't searchlights, they're a no name frag that aquascapers sent me as part of a mini frag pack to compensate for selling my searchlights frag to someone else. They're not the best in the tank, but they do look nice next to the vice zoas :)

oldskoolwayz

thank you Chris :)

I managed to get a better top down shot of the vice zoas. I was wrong about those, there are 10 heads now :lol:

17591681824_bdd5efa84a_z_d.jpg

this one is from a weird angle

18026925008_5a0c1999ac_z_d.jpg

the fire & ice zoas are growing nicely. These are the ones I almost lost early last year after a zoa pox outbreak. Yay Furan 2. They seem to have lost the "ice" zooxanthellae as a result of the pox, but they still look pretty.

17594228193_762d10a76d_z_d.jpg

so sexy! :wub:

natalia_la_loca

so sexy! :wub:

:wub::bowdown:

awww, thanks guys :flower:

I ended up losing the daisy dukes after all :unsure: Maybe the Furan 2 made them worse? I don't know. Everything else is fine. Here's an updated pic of the utter chaos and oompa loompas:

18283396291_b400bc886c_z_d.jpg

bad pic of the ultra rastas, with their new babies :wub:

17738324164_075bb081dc_z_d.jpg

I haven't had much time to play with the orange lens, but I did get a couple of quick shots of my mean girls damsel tank under moonlights (BTW they are now making nice, can I call them BFFs? Maybe frenemies would be more accurate)

18219094099_5de74a8c4a_z_d.jpg

Here's another one. I have to say I really like these kenya trees. The trunks have a light blue tone and the polyps are green. At lower right you can see the "pandora" (or whatever they're called) zoas that I evicted from the zoa garden. They glow speckly fluorescent yellow under actinics.

18378870816_6490cb16ee_z_d.jpg

Archived