ReefCleaners.org

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

teenyreef

Wow, I love the new zoas! And everything is starting to fill in really nicely. The FTS looks like some kind of fairy wonderland ;)

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

Wow, I love the new zoas! And everything is starting to fill in really nicely. The FTS looks like some kind of fairy wonderland ;)

Thanks teeny, yes it's doing really well, on the whole. And yet I still have zoas here and there that just up and melt on me. Now the daisy dukes aren't looking so hot. the mysteries of the zoa!!!

Yeah, whoever says zoas are good "beginner corals" hasn't tried to keep them in my tank :lol:

Tell them to melt, they might stop. :D Nothing ever does what I tell it to.

Legendary Corals

Yeah, whoever says zoas are good "beginner corals" hasn't tried to keep them in my tank :lol:

I know the feels. At least when sps die it makes sense. Zoas like to melt for 0 reasons.

natalia_la_loca

Well, I'm still dosing Azoo Aquatics Biopro probiotic for freshwater shrimp from my partner's planted tank. So far, with both this probiotic and Sanolife MIC-F I've had very good growth (including new growth in colonies that had not put out babies for months, such as the utter chaos, ultra rastas and blondies). But I've also continued to have some melting and/or failure to thrive...the Daisy Dukes are still not looking good.

Today the marine version of Biopro finally arrived after its long journey from Taiwan. Will give it a try and report the results. I'm continuing to target feed Rod's Food Coral Blend every day, and Fauna Marin Ultra Ricordea & Zoanthus once a week.

Sooo true! Wonder who came up with that idea.

Tell them to melt, they might stop. :D Nothing ever does what I tell it to.

I'm gonna try that next :)

I know the feels. At least when sps die it makes sense. Zoas like to melt for 0 reasons.

I completely agree. I feel there's still a lot we don't know about how to keep zoa colonies happy and thriving in the long term.

natalia_la_loca

Still doing well. I think they like the Azoo marine probiotic. The Daisy Dukes are opening up more.

Oh, and I ordered some "fire hornets" from Unique Corals omgomgomg retail therapy for losing the peachy blues, I think...

17030623934_fff35405a4_z_d.jpg

these are the LC Lite Brites, they are tiny but cute

17653236581_62ac85130e_z_d.jpg

baby blondie growing up :wub: apologies for kraptastic photo.

17650698752_068773629b_z_d.jpg

I so love these :happydance:

17466793829_b51e192317_z_d.jpg

this guy is such a little perv. always feeling up my zoas.

17653122875_46d0789d4a_z_d.jpg

I think the ultra rastas have finally turned a corner. For ages they just had 5 heads...now they have 3 new babies.

17465248298_84847d25a9_z_d.jpg

utter chaos and oompa loompas bein all sexy

17617807581_7a36d60d61_z_d.jpg

They look great! Exactly which probiotic are you using now? I looked on the Azoo site but didn't see anything that was just plain "Marine Biopro"

Hey, where did you get these probiotics? I might need some, my zoas - which might be horizons are shrinking. Suggestions? and what could be rastas or ultra rastas.

natalia_la_loca

They look great! Exactly which probiotic are you using now? I looked on the Azoo site but didn't see anything that was just plain "Marine Biopro"

I'm using two probiotics from Azoo: Nitraact and Nitripro. They are supposed to be used together. My shipment of Sanolife finally arrived too, but I'm going to stick with the Azoo for awhile to see how it does over time.

natalia_la_loca

Hey, where did you get these probiotics? I might need some, my zoas - which might be horizons are shrinking. Suggestions? and what could be rastas or ultra rastas.

Sanolife MIC-f is available at Seahorsesource.com now. The easiest way to get Nitraact and Nitripro is to order on eBay, they ship direct from Taiwan.

Thanks, Natalia! I just ordered some. For $20 including shipping it's worth trying even if it literally comes on a slow boat from Taiwan :)

I will try that when I get some available cash. Hopefully this new job works out. I did, however, dip the two unhappy zoas in furan-2.

natalia_la_loca

Thanks, Natalia! I just ordered some. For $20 including shipping it's worth trying even if it literally comes on a slow boat from Taiwan :)

great :) I look forward to seeing your results. I suspect the animals use it as a food source, regardless of any potential probiotic benefits. It really is quite cheap, especially for tanks our size. I'm dosing it every day and I bet it takes me a year or more to use it up.

natalia_la_loca

I will try that when I get some available cash. Hopefully this new job works out. I did, however, dip the two unhappy zoas in furan-2.

The sanolife is cheap, it would take ages to use up a bag of it in a nano tank. It's available here.

Marine nitraact and nitripro are more expensive, but still relatively cheap if used in a nano. available here and here

natalia_la_loca

So, I wanted to practice my Spanish and talk about salty stuff at the same time. So I set up a thread for my Nuvo 8 on todomarino.com.

Si quieres charlar en español vente aquí :)

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
natalia_la_loca

Still doing well generally. The utter chaos and the ultra rastas each have nine heads now :) The daisy dukes, not so hot...not sure if they'll make it :unsure:

My top-down pix are always terrible, but this one isn't quite as bad as usual. At upper left is a frag that I don't think I've shown here before because it's in a hard-to-photograph spot. I think they are Blow Pops (?), from Legendary Corals, they got a slow start but they're really pretty now. and holy cats, those petroglyphs.

17991422806_fc6e83a8bf_z_d.jpg

i was lazy and didn't clean the glass :rolleyes:

17162767394_ec5070a7bb_z_d.jpg

17787741602_ab76df47e8_z_d.jpg

oh, and we planted the vegetable garden :happydance: garlic, rainbow chard, kale, basil, green beans, summer squash, sweet peppers, and four kinds of heirloom tomatoes. grow, zoas and veggies!!

Everything looks awesome, but I love those petroglyphs :wub:

Just got my Azoo stuff from Ebay/China today and put some in both of my tanks. Hoping for zoa nirvana fingerscrossed

Looking back at my post when I placed the order on Ebay, it took exactly one week from ordering to arrival. I've had stuff ordered with the US take longer to get here, and it was "free" shipping! For $20 it's well worth trying if it works.

natalia_la_loca

awesome, I look forward to seeing what you find out :) It's a good seller, mine shipped quickly too.

Last night I did the first of three rounds of Furan 2 dips for the daisy dukes, hopefully that will turn them around :scarry:

Also last night I got an orange lens filter and played with it a little on my phone. I haven't figured out how to use it correctly, but it does get rid of some of the surface glare! I think this is my first-ever top down FTS:

17954273988_9d1415f043_z_d.jpg

Nanofreak79

Wow! I love the tank. Your updates are always great with lots of pics. Your garden is filling in nicely.??

natalia_la_loca

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :flower: I think I have about 35 varieties. I'm not very good about keeping count because I have several colonies that don't have names (that I know of). I think this list is pretty much up to date:

Blondies

CGA splattered melons

Daisy dukes

Fire & ice

Fruit Loops

Glitches

Green bay packers

"JF bozos" (or emeralds on fire)

LC petroglyphs

Miami vice

Oompa Loompas

Pink rainbows

Rastas

Red people eaters

Ring of fire

Sunny Ds

Super saiyans

"Twilight zone" caribbean zoas

UC eagle eyes

UC fire hornets

Ultra rastas

Whammin watermelons

Wobbegongs

X-mens

About 10-12 no-name morphs

Couple of blue shrooms

Everything is looking natalia. Thanks for info about seahorse source having sanolife. I am not out but I may order some more since they don't always have it.

natalia_la_loca

You're most welcome :) I assume they have plenty now because their shipment arrived just a few weeks ago, but they may have depleted it fulfilling back orders.

Archived