Innovative Marine Aquariums

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven an unrequited love affair with the Petros :wub: I had a bunch of zoas in my shopping cart for a couple weeks but never actually placed the order. And then when I tried to place the order, the Petros were all gone :(

So you can put me on the frag trade list, OK :)

natalia_la_loca

I haven an unrequited love affair with the Petros :wub: I had a bunch of zoas in my shopping cart for a couple weeks but never actually placed the order. And then when I tried to place the order, the Petros were all gone :(

So you can put me on the frag trade list, OK :)

I think everyone should have some petroglyphs :) I could probably frag some at this point but I'll have to figure out a place to grow out the frags...there's not much room in my tanks!

I think everyone should have some petroglyphs :) I could probably frag some at this point but I'll have to figure out a place to grow out the frags...there's not much room in my tanks!

I have petros....I love them. When I was selling coral locally one of the guys fragged off a polyp of mine...he'd never seen them before and was in love. I don't frag the things but he did it with ease.

We should fund a Kickstarter campaign so Natalia can get a frag tank and give us all petroglyphs :)

I haven't seen any on Darwin's site in months :(

Nanofreak79

eBay has some nice three or four frag racks, not sure if you want that or not. I have on baby petro left from my tank crash. It hasn't really grown since the move, but the Zoas do seem to like there new home.

We should fund a Kickstarter campaign so Natalia can get a frag tank and give us all petroglyphs :)

I haven't seen any on Darwin's site in months :([/quote

Pm him, he might have one for you

natalia_la_loca

I have petros....I love them. When I was selling coral locally one of the guys fragged off a polyp of mine...he'd never seen them before and was in love. I don't frag the things but he did it with ease.

They are definitely one of my faves. Some other zoas have crazier colors, but petros are so huge and luminous and exuberant. I really should try fragging them, I'm just squeamish about it.

I haven't seen any on Darwin's site in months :(

Ha, with the amount of space in this house, I'd have to put it on the kitchen table. I thought I saw some on Darwin's site a month or two ago, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have any at all.

eBay has some nice three or four frag racks, not sure if you want that or not. I have on baby petro left from my tank crash. It hasn't really grown since the move, but the Zoas do seem to like there new home.

Now that I might try, a little magnetic frag rack would be perfect. Feed that petro!

So many zoasssssss.

It's all part of my evil world zoa domination plan.

Amazing! This is like zoa heaven :happydance:

thank you :flower: I hope I can keep it looking heavenly.

I want, I want.

I highly recommend them, they are some of the hardiest zoas I have.

couple of new pics. These are taken with the Manual app on iphone, which allows for (limited) adjustment of white balance.

18318581019_de6761588d_z_d.jpg

18500391342_dc9462107c_z_d.jpg

the Mean Girls tank. Manual app again.

17917062744_eae33d80aa_z_d.jpg

our postage stamp vegetable garden, and little helper :wub:

18319733369_78d9132b5f_z_d.jpg

Gorgeous photos! I love your garden :wub:. I see your garlic! Is that basil next to it? I wasn't going to do a garden this year because of the limited space, but we sold our huge trampoline and the new garden will go in it's place :happydance:.

natalia_la_loca

yup, this is a beautiful hardneck garlic with huge cloves that last through the winter and are easy to peel. It should be ready to harvest in a month or so. And those are indeed basil plants. Unfortunately they are looking a bit more yellow than I'd like, I'm thinking about getting a couple of new ones before it gets too late in the season. We've been without pesto for way too long!

btw I'm glad you made the right choice about putting in the new garden ;)

yup, this is a beautiful hardneck garlic with huge cloves that last through the winter and are easy to peel. It should be ready to harvest in a month or so. And those are indeed basil plants. Unfortunately they are looking a bit more yellow than I'd like, I'm thinking about getting a couple of new ones before it gets too late in the season. We've been without pesto for way too long!

btw I'm glad you made the right choice about putting in the new garden ;)

I hear ya on the pesto! My husband makes a killer pesto...yum!

FYI I had a little DIY frag rack in my Nuvo8 for awhile. (Until I got a frag tank used here on Nano-Reef and that sits on the end of my kitchen counter. Oh apartment living.) I just got the smallest available Magfloat, superglued some egg crate onto it (9 squares long by 4 squares deep), and Krylon Fusioned the whole thing in black. Worked well for me!

You know, since I don't have a need for mine anymore, if you don't feel like DIYing it for yourself, if you want to cover the cost of shipping I could mail this one to you.

natalia_la_loca

FYI I had a little DIY frag rack in my Nuvo8 for awhile. (Until I got a frag tank used here on Nano-Reef and that sits on the end of my kitchen counter. Oh apartment living.) I just got the smallest available Magfloat, superglued some egg crate onto it (9 squares long by 4 squares deep), and Krylon Fusioned the whole thing in black. Worked well for me!

You know, since I don't have a need for mine anymore, if you don't feel like DIYing it for yourself, if you want to cover the cost of shipping I could mail this one to you.

oh poop! I wish I'd seen this before I placed an order for two of these on ebay. Thank you for the offer though!

BTW, everything at Aquascapers is 50% off right now. A bunch of their zoas are sold already (one of them to yours truly), but there are a few awesome ones left! Other corals too.

That's awesome! It's probably a good thing I didn't read this until just now, because practically everything is sold now. I would have been in big trouble earlier :)

natalia_la_loca

That's awesome! It's probably a good thing I didn't read this until just now, because practically everything is sold now. I would have been in big trouble earlier :)

they moved FAST. I ordered this one the minute I found out about the sale and about half of them were gone already. I've been eyeing this particular frag for weeks because it's so big (which usually means more resilient IME).

Lawd knows I don't need any more zoas in this tank but I'll squeeze it in somewhere :)

natalia_la_loca

How many zoas do I need to be happy...just one more! LOL

Lol...so true.

Are you a big Scott Pilgrim fan?

nope. I just liked Ramona Flowers' look.

natalia_la_loca

holy cow, that was fast. Colin asked if I'd like to have the zoas shipped for delivery today, and BAM! here they are. New frag rack arrived too, and I LOVE it :wub: Transparent, simple, and above all, small. A good value at $10.

here they are, immediately after placement in the tank. They're cranky because of the CoralRx dip, but already beginning to open. Lower right, the ultra searchlights. Upper right, no-name freebie combo frag (looks like one of them is Aquafresh vice zoas). At left are the Fire Hornets from my Unique Corals order a few weeks ago, they've been hanging out on the sand while I decide where to put them.

18710704662_9e429966fa_z_d.jpg

During the dip, a baby mini-brittle jumped out of one of the frags. I gave him a rinse and popped him in the tank. I hope he makes it! I haven't had a mini-brittle in years.

Nanofreak79

Awesome tank pics. I love the small racks, they suit the tank nicely, much more aesthetically pleasing than eggcrate. Nice new zoas, theres always room for more. This tank sure has come a long way in a short amount of time. oh, and I lost my petros, miss those, yours look super happy.

oh poop! I wish I'd seen this before I placed an order for two of these on ebay. Thank you for the offer though!

BTW, everything at Aquascapers is 50% off right now. A bunch of their zoas are sold already (one of them to yours truly), but there are a few awesome ones left! Other corals too.

Everything besides about three ugly frags left. lol

Archived