SaltCritters.com

Natalia's Nuvo 8 Zoa Garden...RETIRED!

natalia_la_loca

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
natalia_la_loca

Well, I noticed the little bumps or nodes or whatever they're called a couple of days ago. They opened for the first time last night. The colony now has eight open polyps!

natalia_la_loca

We have coralline algae :D

13244287995_c1c72501d3_b.jpg

And the rastas now have nine open polyps. They had three when I bought them a month ago!!!! (The other zoas have new polyps too, but I just really like my rastas, they're so much prettier in person than these awful photos show)

13244290495_5f92d3233a_b.jpg

Current FTS. Still looking pretty bare, but Legendary order comes tomorrow :)

13244622724_51bc764422_b.jpg

Nanofreak79

I postponed my shipment too. I hate winter as well. It's suppose to be in the 20's again later this week...ugh! Tanks is looking awesome. Coraline algae is always a good sign.

natalia_la_loca

I postponed my shipment too. I hate winter as well. It's suppose to be in the 20's again later this week...ugh! Tanks is looking awesome. Coraline algae is always a good sign.

Winter can NOT end soon enough. I like to think I'm fairly tolerant of cold weather, but this winter has been BRUTAL :rant:

Nanofreak79

Yes, it feels it's never going to end. When do you get the Zoas?

Edit: derp, read the thread better! Tomorrow!

natalia_la_loca

Yes, it feels it's never going to end. When do you get the Zoas?

Tomorrow, if conditions are right. The forecast for MI is 31-45 for the next couple of days. That should be OK if the zoas are well insulated and mailed with a heat pack, right?

Nanofreak79
Tomorrow, if conditions are right. The forecast for MI is 31-45 for the next couple of days. That should be OK if the zoas are well insulated and mailed with a heat pack, right?
Yep, mine ended up coming on a cold 20's day. The box was like it was just packed, temp was like 75* in the box. I'm jelly, I'm trying to have Darwin make me another pack. I can only spend like $150, and that's next week. Everyone wants my money this month ;(

How did you make your clickable sig? I have Lightroom and what not, is there a place to go that explains it.

natalia_la_loca

Yep, mine ended up coming on a cold 20's day. The box was like it was just packed, temp was like 75* in the box. I'm jelly, I'm trying to have Darwin make me another pack. I can only spend like $150, and that's next week. Everyone wants my money this month ;(

How did you make your clickable sig? I have Lightroom and what not, is there a place to go that explains it.

Oh, I need to pace myself too. I have a certain amount that I budget each month for fun stuff :)

I made my sig in Gimp. Photoshop is better, but the computer I was using at the time didn't have it.

natalia_la_loca

so many zoa hoarders

There like, crawling out of the wood work now?

Zoa domination army :D

I really like your rock work!

Thank you :) I really like the options allowed by the flat cut Marco Rock. It's totally modular. I have some other ideas for how to change out some of the upper "stories" of rock so that I can put additional Zs/Ps on higher elevations of the scape--need to take a hammer and chisel to some leftover pieces I have. (and/or start another nano...ruh roh)

natalia_la_loca

Just start another tank ;)

Maybe further down the line. I have ambitious ideas for future tanks, but first I need to master the art and science of keeping zoas happy :wizard:

Zoa domination army :D

Thank you :) I really like the options allowed by the flat cut Marco Rock. It's totally modular. I have some other ideas for how to change out some of the upper "stories" of rock so that I can put additional Zs/Ps on higher elevations of the scape--need to take a hammer and chisel to some leftover pieces I have. (and/or start another nano...ruh roh)

Marco rock, huh? I need to look into this :D

natalia_la_loca

Marco rock, huh? I need to look into this :D

Marco Rock is awesome. In addition to the flat rocks being good for aquascaping, it has lots of big holes that fit frag plugs (or can be made to fit with a drill).

Archived