ReefCleaners.org

Chris' 40B

Chris!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UHH~OH! New heat up in hur i see! To go with a new tank :D Congrats baller

Theres definitely more to come, just making sure its all cleaned and healed up before shooting it all :)

You have a tank thread... :blink: Time to get to reading

Eh nothin to exciting... short version summed up real quick for ya......

Had a tank blow a seam, put it all in a rubbermaid ended up losing most everything, was going to move so didn't really wanna set up and move another tank, got tired of waiting on wife and had a plan so set up the 40B as a temporary tank that stayed up longer then I wanted while the wife decided what she wanted to do..... wife decided to remodel and stay here so ordered the miracles tank :)

NorthGaHillbilly

Eh nothin to exciting... short version summed up real quick for ya......

Had a tank blow a seam, put it all in a rubbermaid ended up losing most everything, was going to move so didn't really wanna set up and move another tank, got tired of waiting on wife and had a plan so set up the 40B as a temporary tank that stayed up longer then I wanted while the wife decided what she wanted to do..... wife decided to remodel and stay here so ordered the miracles tank :)

hate to hear about the losses man. But damned if that miracles tank isnt going to be sick

Mix in :ninja: shit. Can't forget that in the summary

Yeah that was part of the plan that caused this build actually.... then I realized the room I was going to use was way to small to set up how I wanted, then summer was approaching and I knew our oldest was starting school this fall so enjoyed that with him..... now putting the :ninja: plans in action consuming a good portion of the basement :)

hate to hear about the losses man. But damned if that miracles tank isnt going to be sick

Yeah it definitely sucked lost a few of my favorite fish and around 60 acros..... :( But it will all work out in the end I am sure!

Look what's coming into Diver's Den today!

1509678_10152719723589706_28504050497076

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't wanna see that right now lol FWIW those guys are EXTREMELY delicate and worse shippers then most other notoriously horrible shipping leopards ;)

I will eventually get a couple new leopards tho, just not set on which ones yet..... but I have a good idea :)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't wanna see that right now lol FWIW those guys are EXTREMELY delicate and worse shippers then most other notoriously horrible shipping leopards ;)

I will eventually get a couple new leopards tho, just not set on which ones yet..... but I have a good idea :)

When are you getting new fish? huh?! So which ones are you thinking?

Go figure the really pretty ones are awful shippers. I am still so bummed about my leopard. My tanks is just not the same without her out cruising around all the time.

Not much of a wrasse fan, but great googly moogly, it sure is purty!

I love wrasses, especially the leopards.... and thats still not my favorite one. But yes they are a sweet looking fish for sure :)

When are you getting new fish? huh?! So which ones are you thinking?

I have a few already, not sure if they will ever go into the new tank tho might just order all new fish... other then the potters leopard which is going in the new tank for sure. I won't likely order any new fish tho until after the new tank is up and stable.

The lineup is entirely up in the air right now but I'd really like to get an achilles tang.... a small harrem of Rhomboids.... as far as leopards go I am considering several different ones :lol:

Go figure the really pretty ones are awful shippers. I am still so bummed about my leopard. My tanks is just not the same without her out cruising around all the time.

Waaaiiiiitttt??? WHAT??? You don't have your leopard anymore?? Did I miss this??? :(

in other news:

IMAG0908_1_zpsjenfgmwz.jpg

Waaaiiiiitttt??? WHAT??? You don't have your leopard anymore?? Did I miss this??? :(

Well I mean I guess she could be hiding like you guys said, but I haven't seen her since I got home from MACNA, so almost a month. I switched the lights back on when I got home late from MACNA to put the new corals in the tank. I spooked her and she dove down into the sand right by a rock really hard. I saw her make a couple very brief appearances over the next several days, and I noticed she wouldn't eat and was starting to look skinny. Then she vanished. I think maybe she hurt her mouth hitting the bottom of the tank or the rock. I'm not sure. I'm like 99% sure she's gone since she was out and about all the time and never hid or was shy, so its weird for her to go MIA.

Is that a symphyllia? Its gorgeous!

Well I mean I guess she could be hiding like you guys said, but I haven't seen her since I got home from MACNA, so almost a month. I switched the lights back on when I got home late from MACNA to put the new corals in the tank. I spooked her and she dove down into the sand right by a rock really hard. I saw her make a couple very brief appearances over the next several days, and I noticed she wouldn't eat and was starting to look skinny. Then she vanished. I think maybe she hurt her mouth hitting the bottom of the tank or the rock. I'm not sure. I'm like 99% sure she's gone since she was out and about all the time and never hid or was shy, so its weird for her to go MIA.

Oh yeah I remember now.... You said she is appearing now a little tho? Be patient and if u can feed an extra time or maybe even w/ lights off for a little while. Goodluck!!!

Is that a symphyllia? Its gorgeous!

Close, Lobo... I been on a LPS kick lately lol

Oh yeah I remember now.... You said she is appearing now a little tho? Be patient and if u can feed an extra time or maybe even w/ lights off for a little while. Goodluck!!!

Close, Lobo... I been on a LPS kick lately lol

No, she hasn't made an appearance at all in 3 weeks or more. I really think she's gone. Unfortunately :(

Oh ok, well its a very pretty lobo. I'm on an LPS kick myself, so good for you! haha

Tough to get good pics under those LED's, huh?

More so my lack of camera skills then a problem with the LEDs. All colors are very close if not spot on and that last lobo legit looks like it was painted with water colors. :)

No, she hasn't made an appearance at all in 3 weeks or more. I really think she's gone. Unfortunately :(

Sorry I misunderstood I thought you said she made an appearance the last several days, not that she made an appearance several days after the incident :(

Oh ok, well its a very pretty lobo. I'm on an LPS kick myself, so good for you! haha

Thanks, I've got a few more gems I will show off throughout the week.... if I can take a decent pic :)

But it's not clear and the egg crate is pink. I used to have the same problems and it was the lights, not the camera. Just wait you til you start trying to shoot sps, you will despise those lights!

When you go to sell this stuff it's all about reputation and pictures.

Proper white balance removes the hue from the lights, it's all in the camera skills :)

Easy fix, five minutes on YouTube and all of nano reef will see how crazy they are :)

Proper white balance removes the hue from the lights, it's all in the camera skills :)

Easy fix, five minutes on YouTube and all of nano reef will see how crazy they are :)

Then why are all of your rocks a weird color in all of your pics? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's impossible, just not easy. White balance is just a small part of the equation :)

That said, I guarantee that even the most skilled photographer would tell you that shooting coral is much easier under mh or t5.

The day reefing magazine hits me up for a cover shot I'll spend the day configuring the white balance until then I'm fine with my weird rocks besides, who doesn't like the color purple?

The day reefing magazine hits me up for a cover shot I'll spend the day configuring the white balance until then I'm fine with my weird rocks besides, who doesn't like the color purple?

I think you missed my point. I shouldn't have said all pics, but in a lot of them the rocks look like they're in black and white and the corals are all hyper colored. Makes for sweet looking frags though! :)

I was just trying to give a little advice, and give Chris a little shit about the LED's. Also, Chris owns all the super glue in MI.

Me! That movie sucked Oprah is a horrible actress with nasty feet.

Archived