Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' 40B

Chris!

jedimasterben

Shutup.. I don't want to believe you... I want to live in ignorance and have hope! LOL

Still helps coral colors though right?

In practice, no. Your water will 99% of the time never be as clear as low-iron glass.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threw some flash on these pics, I think that solved alot of my issue, although it did was some color out on a few pics.... I think I am getting a bit better on the focus as well, hopefully it continues :)

CSC_0441_zps75851158.jpg

DSC_0387_zps8df9fa1b.jpg

DSC_0392_zps6979d190.jpg

DSC_0435_zps957c8391.jpg

DSC_0414_zpsab1a3809.jpg

Just can't seem to get this one into focus....

DSC_0390_zps7e151c32.jpg

DSC_0388_zps4c2f2b66.jpg

Last pic looks awesome.

Its so dark and washed out compared to reality.... That pic is under about 14-15k w/ flash so about 6500k. Looks alot browner then the orange it is IRL or it would in pretty much anyones tank....

That 1st pic is intense - now u got me thinking about LPS...............thanks

Thanks man, that platygyra is a pretty sick piece! Definitely wish I would have gotten a bigger chunk lol

The only pic I did much with in lightroom is the 2nd pic of the lobo, finally pulled more of the yellow and colors are true to what you see as opposed to the more washed out version above.

cdc31c89-84a9-402e-94ce-3cc90833a4ba.jpg

bd3b661e-94f7-471f-8c94-0d5eb333fed8.jpg

1st one is more accurate with the orange.... but then the turquoise washes out more :wacko: And yes, I would describe the blue/green (or in these washed out pics grey lol) as more of a turquoise color IRL

1st one is more accurate with the orange.... but then the turquoise washes out more :wacko: And yes, I would describe the blue/green (or in these washed out pics grey lol) as more of a turquoise color IRL

You should send me one of the raw files this evening and I can see if I can nail down the settings and send you them, beauty of lightroom is once you nail one picture under the same lighting you can just paste your settings to every picture in the set.

You should send me one of the raw files this evening and I can see if I can nail down the settings and send you them, beauty of lightroom is once you nail one picture under the same lighting you can just paste your settings to every picture in the set.

Thing is, I use leds and they include multiple colors/temps so moving 5" makes a difference to what the camera pics up from them I think (I know I know every pic I've edited has been done differently to achieve accuracy to my eyes)..... but let me know where you want me to try to send ya one and I will out of my next batch hopefully tonight :) It has definitely been fun working on getting decent pics tho, few years ago I would have never imagined even being this close......

100_2608.jpg

And yes I was trying to focus on the acan up front...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Thing is, I use leds and they include multiple colors/temps so moving 5" makes a difference to what the camera pics up from them I think (I know I know every pic I've edited has been done differently to achieve accuracy to my eyes)..... but let me know where you want me to try to send ya one and I will out of my next batch hopefully tonight :) It has definitely been fun working on getting decent pics tho, few years ago I would have never imagined even being this close......

100_2608.jpg

And yes I was trying to focus on the acan up front...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I may be able to work it out, I'll hit ya up tonite once my little dudes are asleep and see what I can manage. I have photographed under led's before they do present a bit of a challenge.

I may be able to work it out, I'll hit ya up tonite once my little dudes are asleep and see what I can manage. I have photographed under led's before they do present a bit of a challenge.

Cool thanks man :)

You really have some nice lps pieces, and yes the blue background is absolutely the best!

Thanks man! :)

Yeah I really like the blue, the only thing I'm not 100% thrilled about the new Miracles tank is that they seemed to only do black backgrounds so the next tank will be black..... but I didn't wanna mess around with trying to paint that tank either so I will make it work lol

Dude dont paint, use vinyl film. Mine is 3m adhesive back (front) blue film.

Damn I didnt even think of that, I've always painted my backgrounds..... Now do I try to see if miracles can cancel the background or do I just leave it and try to take their background off my self or just roll with the black back :wacko: This is more thinking then I want to do today LOL

What'd you use to get the vinyl to stick? So far the ones I am looking at are for cars and have a grey adhesive backing.....

The film I used was transparent 3m commercial graphic film. It has the adhesive on the the film side, and its a rather "dry adhesive", you apply soapy water to the tank and to the adhesive side. Then place on your tank, squeegee out the water starting from the center and it builds adhesion overnight. Since the blue is kinda transparent (not much but light can get through) I covered it with a sheet of black in the same manor.

I'm not up to date on all this plumbing mumbo jumbo stuff, but as long as it's clean, I'm actually growing partial to clear glass for the backgrounds. I like black that it makes colors pop, but blue is nice in certain situations.

jedimasterben

I'm still trying to figure out how I can access the back of my tank to put a 'frosted' covering on it without having to drain and move the tank.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can access the back of my tank to put a 'frosted' covering on it without having to drain and move the tank.
im guessing window tint material? Would a long squeegee work?

The film I used was transparent 3m commercial graphic film. It has the adhesive on the the film side, and its a rather "dry adhesive", you apply soapy water to the tank and to the adhesive side. Then place on your tank, squeegee out the water starting from the center and it builds adhesion overnight. Since the blue is kinda transparent (not much but light can get through) I covered it with a sheet of black in the same manor.

Ahh I see... I was looking at the metallic blue stuff but I can only seem to find it in the car wrap stuff that doesn't seem like it'd work. I'll prolly just stick with the black, worst case I peel it off and spray the tank as it seems it'd be best to lay the tank on its face (which isn't something I wanna do) to properly apply the clings/vinyl anyway (atleast thats what the one I read directions for said)... which doesn't make sense because I've tinted quite a few vertical windows LOL

Archived