Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' 40B

Chris!

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been a while since I've done pics, so I figured it was time to do a few more more shots :)

DSC_0480_zps532493cc.jpg

Nice brain coral- that's a great shot

When are we gonna see the SPS creeping back in.......do u have the new tank yet?

It will be a while still on the SPS..... nope should ship out early this week and take about 2 days to get here when it does.

Drool.... I love large lps pieces !

Thanks man, they are definitely growing on me big time. Always been a big stick man, but it looks like a good thing that I planned for alot of open sand bed this go around :)

Finally picked out a design the wife likes for the new tank stand......

crw3143tx8.jpg

Go in with clear skies come out to pouring rain and 2 carts full of various wood for the stand and several house projects... of course most of it had to go on my trailer instead of in the tahoe. :wacko:

Finally picked out a design the wife likes for the new tank stand......

crw3143tx8.jpg

Go in with clear skies come out to pouring rain and 2 carts full of various wood for the stand and several house projects... of course most of it had to go on my trailer instead of in the tahoe. :wacko:

Same weather here today. They said 30% chance of rain at 1 pm today. Rained on me this morning then sun then rain and hour then sun :wacko:

Same weather here today. They said 30% chance of rain at 1 pm today. Rained on me this morning then sun then rain and hour then sun :wacko:

It was nice all day really until bout 5 minutes before we checked out..... its been my kinda luck all day tho.

I like that stand A LOT!

What kind of computer are you using? Your pics are getting better but a lot of them are pretty dark on my mac.

Just constructive criticism man :).

I like that stand A LOT!

It will be a little different but fairly similar in design, also I'm using red oak w/ Jacobean stain, that is ash w/ mahogany I believe.

What kind of computer are you using? Your pics are getting better but a lot of them are pretty dark on my mac.

Just constructive criticism man :).

They look decent on my phones and 3 windows comps, maybe its a mac issue :wacko: lol

It will be a little different but fairly similar in design, also I'm using red oak w/ Jacobean stain, that is ash w/ mahogany I believe.

They look decent on my phones and 3 windows comps, maybe its a mac issue :wacko: lol

Maybe.

They look good over all, but the the top zoa pic is pretty dark and so are the wellso pics. Fwiw, if you plan to do anything on ebay they will appear quite a bit darker. When you post pics to ebay they lower the quality a little (make them a little darker, particularly).

Maybe.

They look good over all, but the the top zoa pic is pretty dark and so are the wellso pics. Fwiw, if you plan to do anything on ebay they will appear quite a bit darker. When you post pics to ebay they lower the quality a little (make them a little darker, particularly).

Guess if anyone buys them they will be happy how much brighter then are IRL then huh.... If theres one thing I've learned in life its that you will never make 100% of people happy 100% of the time. I'm not gonna sweat it :)

Guess if anyone buys them they will be happy how much brighter then are IRL then huh.... If theres one thing I've learned in life its that you will never make 100% of people happy 100% of the time. I'm not gonna sweat it :)

If you are serious about color rendition on what is listed your color on your monitor has to be calibrated to a true color or standard. They sell gadgets to do this with software so basically green on your ipad shows the same green as on your monitor and will show the same green on someone elses computer (if their monitor is also color calibrated which is most likely isn't) But in any case its a fault on their end and not yours.

heres an example of one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=838843&gclid=CMqEtp2_vsECFdRaMgodp0oA9w&Q=&is=REG&A=details

really these are for photographers so when they print on a color calibrated printer the colors are the same as whats on their monitor.

Guess if anyone buys them they will be happy how much brighter then are IRL then huh.... If theres one thing I've learned in life its that you will never make 100% of people happy 100% of the time

Ain't that the truth!

Is that your tank? Has it arrived? Time for a new build thread!

Yes that is the new tank :) No it has not arrived yet Miracles just sent me those before packaging and crating it for ship out tomorrow. Probably won't have it until Monday.... which works best for me anyway really.

If you are serious about color rendition on what is listed your color on your monitor has to be calibrated to a true color or standard. They sell gadgets to do this with software so basically green on your ipad shows the same green as on your monitor and will show the same green on someone elses computer (if their monitor is also color calibrated which is most likely isn't) But in any case its a fault on their end and not yours.

heres an example of one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=838843&gclid=CMqEtp2_vsECFdRaMgodp0oA9w&Q=&is=REG&A=details

really these are for photographers so when they print on a color calibrated printer the colors are the same as whats on their monitor.

Yeah I'm not that worried about it, but I do know that if I calibrated my screen it would likely be pointless because like you said it would still be off for others who aren't calibrated still so I'll just try my best. Someday maybe I'll get it right lol

Archived