Top Shelf Aquatics

Chris' 40B

Chris!

There's a trio of Potter's Leopards coming into Diver's Den today. Its a shame they don't ship well.

10629644_10152759781074706_8037349649661

Goofballs.... 3 males lol

I lost my potters female lastnight. She hasn't really been right since the male jumped over a year ago, and has been stuck between male and female for quite some time so I wasn't surprised when she stopped eating and became lethargic over the last week. Still sucks she was a cool little fish, had her for almost 3 years. :( The potters are one of the more difficult leopards and many don't even consider themselves to have success at keeping them until atleast making the 1 yr mark.

The 64lb 4 month old "puppy":

IMAG0995_zpsktu1xkks.jpg

And her paw in my hand....

IMAG0987_zpsgvse1g5c.jpg

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

I hate to hear about the fish man. That "puppy" on the other hand, is going to eat you out of house and home. Id be suprised if she dosent hit 150

I hate to hear about the fish man.

Yeah she hasn't really been herself since the male jumped last year, they were collected together and been with me for a quite a while for potters really. Guess it was just her time :(

That "puppy" on the other hand, is going to eat you out of house and home. Id be suprised if she dosent hit 150

Yeah she goes through a 35lb bag of food a week now pretty much to herself (when we just had the old girl she went through it in about a month lol).... and gaining about 10 a week right now....I'll be surprised if she doesn't hit 200 really. Her ma was 135 and her dad was 160, but she is cruising with a ton of loose skin still. As long as she stays healthy and her body can support it I am fine with it tho. She seems to be getting a proper mix of play and rest in to help build strong bones without becoming obese. :) Even though she is a tank already she is fairly lean.... she is tall and looooong, but you can still feel and see some ribs lol

In tank news... I pulled the fish from the 40B tonight and will be taking the tank down sometime this week. I sent an email to Miracles late tonight to see when the new tank will be done but didn't hear anything yet but shouldn't be to long as it has been 4.5 weeks and they said between 5-6 weeks was the projected finish date :)

In tank news... I pulled the fish from the 40B tonight and will be taking the tank down sometime this week. I sent an email to Miracles late tonight to see when the new tank will be done but didn't hear anything yet but shouldn't be to long as it has been 4.5 weeks and they said between 5-6 weeks was the projected finish date :)

Can't wait to see it!

:ninja:

Nice shots, man!

Thanks, I've been trying to keep improving. Still have a ways to go but so far I feel I have been making some decent progress in the quality of my pics atleast :)

Huge difference....keep them coming.

Thanks man..... I plan to. This week is looking pretty slow on that front have alot of stuff going on with the house right now and working on taking the 40 down setting it back up in the basement and deciding on what to do for the stand for the new tank.....

Sorry about the Potter's wrasse - tough after keeping them that long. Your "puppy " is huge already- like the hand shot! What tank are you transferring the fish to

Sorry about the Potter's wrasse - tough after keeping them that long.

Yeah all losses suck, but the potters were my favorite out of all the fish I've ever had..... I don't know that I will even get another pair just won't be the same :wacko:

Your "puppy " is huge already- like the hand shot!

Yeah I expected her to get huge and grow pretty quick but man her growth is obvious day to day even its crazy! Thanks man, it was just a quick phone pic while I was comparing the two lol

What tank are you transferring the fish to

I put them in an 8'x3'x1' frag tank. I may just leave them there and get all new fish. I don't really think they will be much fun to try to catch LOL If I do take them out of there they will go into the new tank from Miracles which is 48"x30"x24" :)

Yeah all losses suck, but the potters were my favorite out of all the fish I've ever had..... I don't know that I will even get another pair just won't be the same :wacko:

Yeah I expected her to get huge and grow pretty quick but man her growth is obvious day to day even its crazy! Thanks man, it was just a quick phone pic while I was comparing the two lol

I put them in an 8'x3'x1' frag tank. I may just leave them there and get all new fish. I don't really think they will be much fun to try to catch LOL If I do take them out of there they will go into the new tank from Miracles which is 48"x30"x24" :)

8' frag tank- have you posted pictures of that?

8' frag tank- have you posted pictures of that?

Nope, no intentions to post pics anytime either :) Its more function then pretty. lol

Just got an email back from Miracles.... tank is built, eurobrace is scheduled for Thursday and should be ready to ship next week! Gotta get a ton ready before then :wacko:

Nope, no intentions to post pics anytime either :) Its more function then pretty. lol

Just got an email back from Miracles.... tank is built, eurobrace is scheduled for Thursday and should be ready to ship next week! Gotta get a ton ready before then :wacko:

Awesome- where's this tank going? Sounds like a living room

Awesome- where's this tank going? Sounds like a living room

Either our Living/ dinning area or the actual living room... its kinda laid out funny but there is no real separation to the living and dinning room, but there kinda is. Its one big room but because the portion we use as the actual living room was added on the only real separation is the ceiling comes down for the old support beams..... I ordered it to fit in 3 different spots, which it will end up in is still TBD LOL

Nice chalice!

DSC_0375_zps6995a7c1.jpg

I lost my potters female lastnight. She hasn't really been right since the male jumped over a year ago, and has been stuck between male and female for quite some time so I wasn't surprised when she stopped eating and became lethargic over the last week. Still sucks she was a cool little fish, had her for almost 3 years. :( The potters are one of the more difficult leopards and many don't even consider themselves to have success at keeping them until atleast making the 1 yr mark.

I lost a potters wrasse a few months back. I have it for about 4 months at that point. At everything (flake, pellets, frozen) like a champ. I fed it one morning, came home and it was stuck on the mp40. I am obsessed with leopard wrasses but they are so finicky. I am 2 for 2 with the ornate leopards. They are pretty and hardy IME.

Nice chalice!

Thanks man, I have been on a little chalice kick lately. :) Its uber orange/gold in person under the leds around 14k, crank em to 20+ and it glows insane!

Thanks man, I have been on a little chalice kick lately. :) Its uber orange/gold under the blue leds!

It's not SPS, but it sure does look great :)

I lost a potters wrasse a few months back. I have it for about 4 months at that point. At everything (flake, pellets, frozen) like a champ. I fed it one morning, came home and it was stuck on the mp40. I am obsessed with leopard wrasses but they are so finicky. I am 2 for 2 with the ornate leopards. They are pretty and hardy IME.

Sorry to hear about the losses man, I too am a big leopard fan.... I am hoping to be able to track down some healthy far less common ones but it won't be an easy task. I may order a fairly large hareem of ornate and regular leopards tho when the time comes if I can't find the ones I really want within a semi-reasonable amount of time lol

It's not SPS, but it sure does look great :)

I hear ya man.... but the damn things are growin on me. I've always done SPS dominated tanks, but this go around I might switch it up. I have become super picky when it comes to SPS. :wacko:

I hear ya man.... but the damn things are growin on me. I've always done SPS dominated tanks, but this go around I might switch it up. I have become super picky when it comes to SPS. :wacko:

There is nothing wrong with switching it up and adding non-SPS IMO as long as the other corals are out of this world awesome :D

There is nothing wrong with switching it up and adding non-SPS IMO as long as the other corals are out of this world awesome :D

So far I think I am doing pretty good at that :)

There will still be sticks, just probably won't be as dominated as I originally thought/ would have done in the past lol

Man it is weird not having a DT up and running. Took the 40 down to prepare for the new 150 from Miracles and wow its just weird, feels like part of me is missing :wacko:

Archived