SaltCritters.com

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

YOU WONNNNNN THE TEMPERATURE CONTROLLLLERRRRRR

congrats on your win. :3

Haha, thanks you guys! What a great thing to wake up to! It is certainly something I probably neve would have bought until after I have a crash related to my temp. I'm so excited to test it out!
  • Like 1

Let us know how it works. I know i Need one myself. I managed to catch a malfunctioning heater as the temp started to hit 90. I was thankful I was at home at the time.

Let us know how it works. I know i Need one myself. I managed to catch a malfunctioning heater as the temp started to hit 90. I was thankful I was at home at the time.

Will do! I haven't had a heater malfunction like that yet, but I suppose it is only a matter of time.

It has happened to me more than once. I lost a tank full of glo-fish (probably illegal as they were in canada) and a week later I found a solitary fry. but the tank was well past 90

It has happened to me more than once. I lost a tank full of glo-fish (probably illegal as they were in canada) and a week later I found a solitary fry. but the tank was well past 90

:( That is awful!

Lucky you! Good for you:)

Thanks hun!

• Like 1

:( That is awful!

It was, but to find that a baby survived that catastrophy was quite heart wrming. I should have called it Phoenix. It survived and I had it for quite a long time.

• Like 2

23680909405_7ef183857d_b.jpg

23654823266_aa7a913ef5_k.jpg

23654824576_244b1735f2_k.jpg

Lots of frags came in yesterday from Legendary Corals! I've never ordered from them but everything looks awesome! Can't wait til everything is super happy and starts growing. Some of these will be going to my baby brother's tank including some mushrooms and the nem from this tank. :D

• Like 7

23680909405_7ef183857d_b.jpg

23654823266_aa7a913ef5_k.jpg

23654824576_244b1735f2_k.jpg

Lots of frags came in yesterday from Legendary Corals! I've never ordered from them but everything looks awesome! Can't wait til everything is super happy and starts growing. Some of these will be going to my baby brother's tank including some mushrooms and the nem from this tank. :D

Nice!! Pics once they all open up!!

Wait, are you giving him the bubble tip?

• Like 2

Nice!! Pics once they all open up!!

Wait, are you giving him the bubble tip?

23655381296_172c826358_k.jpg

Here are a couple of them! And yes, he currently has a 14 gal and 40 gal tank. I admit I'm REALLY afraid of the nem stinging the whole tank to death. I'm sure his plethora of clowns will enjoy it and I'll be able to take it back when I set up my big tank!

Nice! Can't wait to see them all opened up. My LC corals are some of my favorites.

:) Same here! They just need to open up a little faster! Hopefully they are as beautiful as on their site! Which ones did you purchase from LC?

• Like 4

:) Same here! They just need to open up a little faster! Hopefully they are as beautiful as on their site! Which ones did you purchase from LC?

I couldn't remember so I had to go back and look. Hmmm, I seemed to have gotten an embarrasingly long list to get free shipping...

Angel Eye Favia

Blue Carnival Acan (got killed by rics)

Lava Flow rhodactus

LC Blue Dreams Acans

LC Hyper Phoenix zoas

LC Nightwalker zoas

Raptors Rainbow zoas

Tyree Minefield cyphastrea

Tyree Rastas zoas

Everything went into my 10g tank except for the Nightwalkers and Rastas. Some have done better than others but with the possible exception of the Raptors Rainbows I think everything is at least still alive.

• Like 1

cool frags

Thanks Kat! :happy:

I couldn't remember so I had to go back and look. Hmmm, I seemed to have gotten an embarrasingly long list to get free shipping...

Angel Eye Favia

Blue Carnival Acan (got killed by rics)

Lava Flow rhodactus

LC Blue Dreams Acans

LC Hyper Phoenix zoas

LC Nightwalker zoas

Raptors Rainbow zoas

Tyree Minefield cyphastrea

Tyree Rastas zoas

Everything went into my 10g tank except for the Nightwalkers and Rastas. Some have done better than others but with the possible exception of the Raptors Rainbows I think everything is at least still alive.

Ooh, I think this means I get to look through all your posts again to find these. I know I love those rastas, but the nightwalkers sound pretty awesome also.

Large water change: Check

Coral collected for little brother: Check

Auto feeder set up: Check

ATO set up and filled: Check

Heater and lighting inspected: Check

Hand mostly bitten off by clown: Check

This tank is all set to go! I'll be back to see it in about a week and a half!

23500550360_87c70a2b51_k.jpg

23770143446_9d78e7c103_k.jpg

• Like 5

gorgeous zoas. my 1.5 pracically wiped a couple good morphs out but one is hanging onto life. Not sure what the issue was, I think it was light, perhaps I had it dimmed too much because same lamp is being used.

• Like 1

gorgeous zoas. my 1.5 pracically wiped a couple good morphs out but one is hanging onto life. Not sure what the issue was, I think it was light, perhaps I had it dimmed too much because same lamp is being used.

Were the zoas reaching at all for the light? I know I've melted my fair share of zoas for no reason. I'm hoping to slowly replace some beautiful ones that I've lost recently.

Some reached, some bleached. I had some things extending up. I guess it was too low. I also found that my powersupply in did not have enough amps for the total amps I used.

• Like 1

haha! I love that you bring Pippa on travel with you. :lol:

She doesn't like it much. The look she gave me at 5 am the day we left could've melted steel beams! Hard to feed her for an extended period of time. I'd rather bring her along so I can make sure she is okay. :happy:

• Like 2