Pod Your Reef

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

Nice! Umi is pretty cute...

I'm planning on getting one of the micro atos for andromedas new home.

Now I like mini maxis... How many of those can I put in a 10 gallon? ;)

• Like 1

I did not get my furan-2 until after I got hte pox. I keep it on hand now though.

Way to go on the ATO.

Thanks! :) Yeah I was able to pick some up today actually!

Nice! Umi is pretty cute...

I'm planning on getting one of the micro atos for andromedas new home.

Now I like mini maxis... How many of those can I put in a 10 gallon? ;)

Hmm, CARPET EVERYTHING with them! ;) Lots of different colors.

The ATO is so little :happydance:. That is a great addition having the magnet to hold the return hose!

It is incredibly small! I'm liking it a lot so far. With the magnet to hold the return, I'm able to put it in the overflow of my AC70.

• Like 2

Does the level change in the AC-70? When I had mine it stayed constant no matter what the level in the DT.

And yay for Furan-2! Good luck with the dip.

• Like 1

Does the level change in the AC-70? When I had mine it stayed constant no matter what the level in the DT.

And yay for Furan-2! Good luck with the dip.

Nope, the water level doesn't change in the AC70 at all. I have the return line in the overflow area of the AC70. The sensor itself is in the tank.

Thanks, I'm nervous. The only coral that would have to be dipped with the zoas is a mushroom. Do you think it'd be affected?

• Like 1

Nope, the water level doesn't change in the AC70 at all. I have the return line in the overflow area of the AC70. The sensor itself is in the tank.

Thanks, I'm nervous. The only coral that would have to be dipped with the zoas is a mushroom. Do you think it'd be affected?

Nah it'll prob be ok
  • Like 1

Oops, I didn't read your post carefully. I thought you were putting the sensor in the AC-70 :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Oops, I didn't read your post carefully. I thought you were putting the sensor in the AC-70 :rolleyes:

Haha, I figured. It works pretty well in there. I could probably slide it behind the AC70's intake on the glass to clean up the look a little bit if I wanted. But I don't mind it right there. I admit, it is bright at night though, not horribly so, but like a moonlight.

• Like 1

Haha, I figured. It works pretty well in there. I could probably slide it behind the AC70's intake on the glass to clean up the look a little bit if I wanted. But I don't mind it right there. I admit, it is bright at night though, not horribly so, but like a moonlight.

Moonlight on the reef is one of my favorite things about my nano box :wub:
  • Like 2

Excellent! I dig it darlin

:) I'll have to take a picture of it. It is kinda amusing.

In other news, the peppermint is now in the tank! Hope he gobbles up all those little aptaisia! The PPE is also glued down. The furan 2 is being prepped.

• Like 1

:) I'll have to take a picture of it. It is kinda amusing.

In other news, the peppermint is now in the tank! Hope he gobbles up all those little aptaisia! The PPE is also glued down. The furan 2 is being prepped.

Get em girl!
  • Like 1

I actually have the process noted, I believe in my instruction manual for my husband. I dipped for 15 minutes 4 days, let off a week, then did 10 minutes 3 days or something like that.

I might suggest a heated bucket of water to float your dip bowl in so the temp does not drop and you're not shocking the animals in dips. I did not do this, but I thought about it deeply.

• Like 1

That's the process I was trying to remember! Tip: use a zip lock bag for the dip. Add water from the tank, add furan-2,zip up, shake, add zoas, zip up and float the bag in the tank. That way it's easy to mix and the water stays warm.

• Like 3

It is incredibly small! I'm liking it a lot so far. With the magnet to hold the return, I'm able to put it in the overflow of my AC70.

That is an excellent idea! I may do the same with the return in the AC filter :).
  • Like 1

There are two fish beside the topic header, what are those fish?

That's the process I was trying to remember! Tip: use a zip lock bag for the dip. Add water from the tank, add furan-2,zip up, shake, add zoas, zip up and float the bag in the tank. That way it's easy to mix and the water stays warm.

I don't trust ziplocks though. I have a had enough leak on me :/

• Like 1

Good point. I use the double zip freezer bags and leave the zip part above the water when I float it :)

yeah. Might help.. when the corners don't leak, but double bagging it... that sounds like a plan.

Edit...

.... Sorry for the elipses. but I am not sure what to say but my hallowe'en crab was just ripping open my blasto to get the food I fed teh coral.

• Like 2

That is an excellent idea! I may do the same with the return in the AC filter :).

I tested it to make sure that the returning water doesn't splash out. It's nice because normally there isn't any water right there, so nothing to possibly be pulled back through the hose!

There are two fish beside the topic header, what are those fish?

I don't trust ziplocks though. I have a had enough leak on me :/

Two fish? I went back through my pictures but I'm not sure which one you are talking about.

Good point. I use the double zip freezer bags and leave the zip part above the water when I float it :)

I can't currently use this method, although it sounds like a solid one. I have trumpets on top of the rock that I'm working hard not to dip in with the zoas.

• Like 1