Coral Vue Hydros

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

FTS?

24260681005_c35b4c3260_k.jpg

I actually have a digital camera that my mom sent back with me. This weekend I have to find a card reader for it so I can stop taking shitty cell pictures!

24234568746_2b96ae99bb_k.jpg

24234568946_c1c7a49ef9_k.jpg

23632460814_4e9849d32c_k.jpg

23892850229_6cbdfc4f13_k.jpg

23633883963_701e269364_k.jpg

24178143061_b5cbf33817_k.jpg

Fortunately when I built mine I got extra floats, my float switch failed just hte other day, took a while but I realised the issue was the float, and switched it out. The advantage of DIY is you built it so you should know how to fix it. The drawback is, I am always afraid it will explode :(

Being able to fix it would be a really big plus. My Smart Micro ATO is at the office and I will be able to install it tomorrow! I'm planning on doing a review of it possibly. :)

• Like 9

24260681005_c35b4c3260_k.jpgI actually have a digital camera that my mom sent back with me. This weekend I have to find a card reader for it so I can stop taking shitty cell pictures!24234568746_2b96ae99bb_k.jpg24234568946_c1c7a49ef9_k.jpg23632460814_4e9849d32c_k.jpg23892850229_6cbdfc4f13_k.jpg23633883963_701e269364_k.jpg24178143061_b5cbf33817_k.jpgBeing able to fix it would be a really big plus. My Smart Micro ATO is at the office and I will be able to install it tomorrow! I'm planning on doing a review of it possibly. :)

Lookin good darlin,like the duncans alot.

How stoked are you for the new ato?

• Like 1

Lookin good darlin,like the duncans alot.

How stoked are you for the new ato?

I'm so stoked I'm making my roomie walk to the office tomorrow to pick it up....I will have the only (halfway)functioning car and I won't be off work in time to get it! :haha: It's supposed to rain and snow tomorrow also!

• Like 3

My Smart Micro ATO is at the office and I will be able to install it tomorrow! I'm planning on doing a review of it possibly. :)

Everything looks so fluffy!

I really need to order my smart micro too! Looking forward to your review :).

• Like 1

Looks great! Those zoas look like they are really starting to thrive and their colors look awesome :)

Thanks teeny. What are your thoughts on these ones? I'm ashamed to post them, they were the best looking/best growing ones in my tank until the hypersalinity accident on my vacation. They have been like this ever since. I'll tried blowing them off and brushing them off...my next thought was going to be to dip them although there are other coral on that rock that wouldn't survive a harsh dip.

24178143191_8fc5c3887e_k.jpg

Everything looks so fluffy!

I really need to order my smart micro too! Looking forward to your review :).

Thanks Gena! I always love looking at your pastel garden for a little inspiration! I'm excited to test out the ato! It looks like it will be a great choice out there for those of us with small tanks!

• Like 1

Thanks teeny. What are your thoughts on these ones? I'm ashamed to post them, they were the best looking/best growing ones in my tank until the hypersalinity accident on my vacation. They have been like this ever since. I'll tried blowing them off and brushing them off...my next thought was going to be to dip them although there are other coral on that rock that wouldn't survive a harsh dip.

24178143191_8fc5c3887e_k.jpg

I would definitely try a dip, If you can't get it out, you could try applying some peroxide in place. I've done this several times with some success. I drain enough water from the tank to expose the zoas to air, then use an eyedropper to put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide directly on the polyps. Make sure there's nothing that will get hurt by it below them (like crabs or shrimp or snails). Leave it on for about a minute and then put water back in.

You can do this repeatedly as long as you don't leave it on too long and burn the zoas. I'd try just a short exposure the first time, like about 30 seconds, just to make sure they tolerate it.

Note: if they are really dying, they won't be able to handle the peroxide. But you aren't worse off in that case.

• Like 1

I would definitely try a dip, If you can't get it out, you could try applying some peroxide in place. I've done this several times with some success. I drain enough water from the tank to expose the zoas to air, then use an eyedropper to put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide directly on the polyps. Make sure there's nothing that will get hurt by it below them (like crabs or shrimp or snails). Leave it on for about a minute and then put water back in.

You can do this repeatedly as long as you don't leave it on too long and burn the zoas. I'd try just a short exposure the first time, like about 30 seconds, just to make sure they tolerate it.

Note: if they are really dying, they won't be able to handle the peroxide. But you aren't worse off in that case.

I'll have to just man up and do that tomorrow then. I've just been too nervous to so far. They don't really look unhealthy, just with some stuff on them. :wacko: I'll post an update tomorrow on how it goes.

• Like 1

Oh, and also, check the thread that Weetabix7 made here, it's really very helpful! She's active here on N-R if you want to contact her.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/136028-common-zoa-pests-diseases-and-treatments/

Furan-2 works great for zoa pox. That's the best approach if you can get them out for a dip.

ALmost looks Pox-like (the white spots). If you can pop them off (if a plug) dip in furan-2 I have done this with good results.

That page is great Teeny, I'm going to keep it bookmarked. Guess my next plan is to find some Furan-2 and get those suckers out for a skinny dip!

I have two boxes on hand just in case.

Guess I should have picked some of this up prior to needing it. Petsmart and Petco did not carry it. I'll have to call both of my LFS tomorrow and hope.

But I did get my Smart Micro ATO today!

23656165363_0b07ba021a_k.jpg

24282988235_dceac0ba0e_k.jpg

Everything was packaged nicely!

23987394590_00d702a969_k.jpg

This sensor is SO small, this will fit perfectly into Nano and Pico tanks.

23915167859_777d364f62_k.jpg

Equipment is high quality, magnets are very strong and will hold up on most tanks. I really like the magnet to hold the water line.

23656161193_70c352e097_k.jpg

It is currently all hooked up and running on my 3 gal.

I will be making a more detailed write-up shortly, including the giant water fountain story from my initial testing of the pump. ;)

23654773794_244216ffc6_k.jpg

24282994385_8e10d6753f_k.jpg

Umi was being cute watching me from the safety of the duncan. :wub: Didn't last long when I dipped the zoas though, he bit the crap out of my fingers.

• Like 5

Q and Big mama bite the crap outta my hands all they time little jerk haha.

Good write up on the micro! Lots o pictures.

Love that the clown bumbles in the duncans

Clowns are beautiful but jerks for sure!

I'm sad that the fountain wasn't caught on video. I'd recreate it, but I think I already have enough water in my carpet.

Umi claims the duncans and the zoanthids as his personal trampolines.

• Like 2

Clowns are beautiful but jerks for sure!

I'm sad that the fountain wasn't caught on video. I'd recreate it, but I think I already have enough water in my carpet.

Umi claims the duncans and the zoanthids as his personal trampolines.

Hahaha yea that would be a pretty hilarious video to capture.

Q used my Koralia 240 in my 10 gallon for a long time.

• Like 1

Hahaha yea that would be a pretty hilarious video to capture.

Q used my Koralia 240 in my 10 gallon for a long time.

Nothing like creating a real-reef environment for the critters to enjoy and have them do that. "Hey look at this weird plastic thing, we better hang out with it ALL THE TIME" :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Nothing like creating a real-reef environment for the critters to enjoy and have them do that. "Hey look at this weird plastic thing, we better hang out with it ALL THE TIME" :rolleyes:

Clearly, cause they're smart like that. :P

• Like 1

Guess I should have picked some of this up prior to needing it. Petsmart and Petco did not carry it. I'll have to call both of my LFS tomorrow and hope.

But I did get my Smart Micro ATO today!

I did not get my furan-2 until after I got hte pox. I keep it on hand now though.

Way to go on the ATO.

• Like 1