Innovative Marine Aquariums

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

Good luck with the zoas, I had zoapox years ago in my old tank. I was lucky enough to save all of my zoas except about five or six using iodine. I was pretty aggressive with the dips though. I am sure the Furan-2 is probably a better solution for zoo pox than iodine is..

• Like 1

The symbol you added next to your thread title I think?

There are two fish beside the topic header, what are those fish?

I don't trust ziplocks though. I have a had enough leak on me :/

OHH!! They are carp flags (Koinobori) from Japan. They are a symbol of Children's Day there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koinobori

Good luck with the zoas, I had zoapox years ago in my old tank. I was lucky enough to save all of my zoas except about five or six using iodine. I was pretty aggressive with the dips though. I am sure the Furan-2 is probably a better solution for zoo pox than iodine is..

Thanks, I've actually added a tiny amount of iodine to my rinsing water hoping to help them recover.

Yup, Furan-2 is much more effective.

I'm crossing my fingers for this

• Like 2

Adding iodine to the rinsing water isn't a bad idea.

I used to do that with freshly fragged corals, to help the tissue heal more quickly, esp. with Acans, etc.

• Like 2
Thatoneomahaguy

I went and checked out Nebraska Aquatic today. That place is pretty legit. Way closer to home and better selection too. The prices seemed a big high tho. The had lots of $15 frags but anything bigger was like $90 or more. Im going to get there to get my dry rock at least. Thanks for the good advice!

• Like 1

I went and checked out Nebraska Aquatic today. That place is pretty legit. Way closer to home and better selection too. The prices seemed a big high tho. The had lots of $15 frags but anything bigger was like $90 or more. Im going to get there to get my dry rock at least. Thanks for the good advice!

Haha, I don't remember when their anniversary sale is, but that is a good time to get frags for cheap. But yeah, if you get several you can usually get them to give you a good deal! Make sure you also drive just a couple blocks away next time to Fish Freaks, they both have different prices on things and different selections. :)

Carp Flags. Sounds kinda fishy :P

Very fishy! :P

Thatoneomahaguy

Haha, I don't remember when their anniversary sale is, but that is a good time to get frags for cheap. But yeah, if you get several you can usually get them to give you a good deal! Make sure you also drive just a couple blocks away next time to Fish Freaks, they both have different prices on things and different selections. :)

Very fishy! :P

Yea I need to check it out. I was short on time and only had time for one place. It was a gorgeous looking place tho. Really put aquapets to shame....

• Like 1

Yea I need to check it out. I was short on time and only had time for one place. It was a gorgeous looking place tho. Really put aquapets to shame....

Haha, I think they each had their good qualities about them. I bought different things at each place.

Well I'm back, and I brought in a GREAT HAUL. Pictures to follow as things open and acclimate. :ninja:

• Like 1

Haha, I think they each had their good qualities about them. I bought different things at each place.

Well I'm back, and I brought in a GREAT HAUL. Pictures to follow as things open and acclimate. :ninja:

It definitely is GREAT no false advertising there :)
  • Like 1

omgomgomg

Haha, Teeny, my tank is really taking a turn in your direction! Haha ;)

It definitely is GREAT no false advertising there :)

:flower: Thanks for being there and help me pick these out, and bitch about those other LFS.

• Like 3

Haha, Teeny, my tank is really taking a turn in your direction! Haha ;)

:flower: Thanks for being there and help me pick these out, and bitch about those other LFS.

Haha of course we make good long distance shoppers haha :flower:
  • Like 1

Haha of course we make good long distance shoppers haha :flower:

And you stayed calm while I was hyperventilating. ;)

Here are some pictures of most of the haul. The zoas I got haven't opened just yet.

24055718999_d46779d837_k.jpg

Tiny green rhodactis mushroom

23795331744_f59ab4c3e0_k.jpg

Two of these giant reddish rhodactis mushrooms

23796733433_6b383c7ea6_k.jpg

I need thoughts on this. I /think/ it is a tiny plate. it is about the size of a quarter. Not perfect like most plates I've seen, but it may have just popped off the mother. It did have teeny tiny tentacles at the store that looked like a plate. :wub:

And last but not least!

23795328594_ae184de4ff_k.jpg

24397303856_2f781aafe9_k.jpg

• Like 6

You got GBG's!!! They look so cute side by side. Treasure that pic because mine never hang out together.

That green mushroom is nice :)

And that looks like a tiny plate to me but I've never kept one so what do I know?

• Like 3

You got GBG's!!! They look so cute side by side. Treasure that pic because mine never hang out together.

That green mushroom is nice :)

And that looks like a tiny plate to me but I've never kept one so what do I know?

They just happened to scoot together while I was freaking out at the LFS, so I took a picture. One is currently watching me from the corner of the tank, the other is in a small hole in the rockwork looking at me also. :) I had a pair briefly couple years ago for my birthday, but they both had ick and passed soon after I got them. I'm crossing my fingers these ones are better. They had been at the LFS for 3 months, I watched them both devour food and they both had plump little bellies.

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of most of the haul. The zoas I got haven't opened just yet.

I need thoughts on this. I /think/ it is a tiny plate. it is about the size of a quarter. Not perfect like most plates I've seen, but it may have just popped off the mother. It did have teeny tiny tentacles at the store that looked like a plate. :wub:

And last but not least!

Really cute, Merthy!!! Tank looks nice too :)

• Like 1

Really cute, Merthy!!! Tank looks nice too :)

Thanks Stella! :) I need to clean the glass, the camera already sucks and only wants to focus on the algae on the glass! :blush:

24342967291_0ec586e8b2_k.jpg

The one at the corner of the tank.

23798631903_1a28cfaa89_k.jpg

Different picture of the tank, you can just BARELY see the tiny tentacles I was talking about.

• Like 2
Thatoneomahaguy

So if I drop you are they going to give me a better deal or throw me out? Nice additions to the tank ps!

• Like 1

So if I drop you are they going to give me a better deal or throw me out? Nice additions to the tank ps!

I don't think they'd throw you out. But I doubt any of them know me by name in Omaha. The girl that works at Fish Freaks and I chat a lot when I'm there though, she was at MACNA in Denver when I was there. Thanks!

• Like 1

And last but not least!

Old news :P

Looks good though darlin. Very excellent day for sure,glad you got the fishes.

• Like 1