ReefCleaners.org

Reef Confessions

Graver

I had a fish with no hope of living, so i grabbed it with feeding tongs and pushed it into my anemone and corals. I thought it was amazing that a torch could actually rip flesh off a small fish. My girlfriend just called me today to tell me HE found my possum wrasse behind my tank.

I lost the possum wrasse months ago.

I think your girlfriend has an identity crisis

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once had a maintenance acct who was a total duche in every form of the word. He really wanted a sea apple for his 65g so I ordered one hoping it would nuke the tank and I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore. Friggin thing lived until I left...

Still feel really guilty bout that one :((inreguards to the tank).

I often visit the twin cities (about 2.5 hours away) and drop by the fish stores there and buy things.

However, we usually have other plans so I have showed up to restaurants caring a HUGE Styrofoam box that says "Live Fish" on it and I often get weird looks and have to seated in the corner somewhere to accommodate my box.

I went to the art institute with coral and anemone's in a bag and had them hung on a the coat rack where they check your bag/coats. People who have never seen an anemone especially a half-shriveled pissed off one in the bag think you're crazy.

My friedmani has been living in my 12x10x16 fuge for the past 2 months-ish. I plan on keeping it there until I finish my fish stocking and will out him back last.

I topped off with tap water last night. I NEVER do that and it was my first time. Tds was 46 straight out the faucet. I also just cleaned my sock after 3 weeks.

Check this out. It's a macro reactor. These really work.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/pax-bellum-llc/157340-what-arid-how-does-work.html

in the back of my head I kept thinking about how a UV sterilizer refitted would work great to grow algae. Good to see that I'm not totally crazy.

I only wanted one tank when I got back into the hobby. Now I have 7, 4 have water and 3 have some type of life with a 4th shortly. I don't know how this happened.

I often visit the twin cities (about 2.5 hours away) and drop by the fish stores there and buy things.

However, we usually have other plans so I have showed up to restaurants caring a HUGE Styrofoam box that says "Live Fish" on it and I often get weird looks and have to seated in the corner somewhere to accommodate my box.

I went to the art institute with coral and anemone's in a bag and had them hung on a the coat rack where they check your bag/coats. People who have never seen an anemone especially a half-shriveled pissed off one in the bag think you're crazy.

I also shop at LFS 2+ hours away from home, and visit my sons and attend school/sports events. More than once I have had a fair amount of coral in a styrofoam box on my lap as basketball games and concerts.

I've had to top off with tap water through a Pur filter going on three days now.

It's making me pretty anxious.

Don't do it, cyano WILL hit(I'm talking from very recent experience)

Whenever I hear a really ghetto person talk up their reef saying how awesome their stuff is I always ask for a picture and 9/10 it's crappy brown button polyps, Xenia and colt corals. I don't say anything because of course, if they like it that's all that matters but I silently judge :x

Also, if you're buying from me and I give you extra polyps and extra frags that you outright selected, liked and really find cool but one of the polyps of one of the frags doesn't open ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GONNA HIT ME UP FOR DOA?

Really discourages me from ever sending extras or freebies -.-

Or worse, people that come pick up a frag that has been healed for like ever and a week later they want their money back because it died in their system....really?

Also, if you're buying from me and I give you extra polyps and extra frags that you outright selected, liked and really find cool

YOU GIVE FREEBIES?

...expect an order from me when it gets warmer around where I live. :)

Don't do it, cyano WILL hit(I'm talking from very recent experience)

Don't want to but I don't have another option. Literally can't afford distilled right now.

YOU GIVE FREEBIES?

...expect an order from me when it gets warmer around where I live. :)

Unless its an ebay transaction I usually give freebies :)

Don't want to but I don't have another option. Literally can't afford distilled right now.

I know the struggle bro, I was too busy to get water going the last two weeks and the cyano has hit hard. Currently doing ten gallon water changes every other day to fix it.

My stand and thus my tank is un level by a heavy 1/4" due to an old floor

cant you use those little balancing thingies?

I didn't even have a reef tank, I just used to photoshop sweet corals and fish into an empty glass box. My TOTM years ago was actually empty and I am just starting now.....

/s

Ha, jokes reading through this thread, tis pretty funny.

I used to do top off's with water collected by my dehumidifier, figured it'd be purer than tap water, nothing ever died from it.

Not a reef thing but when I kept cichlids I had a bucket labeled a-hole bucket and every time the largest one would get on my nerves i'd throw him in there, I did it one time too many and he went carpet surfing.

I used to do top off's with water collected by my dehumidifier, figured it'd be purer than tap water, nothing ever died from it.

Not a reef thing but when I kept cichlids I had a bucket labeled a-hole bucket and every time the largest one would get on my nerves i'd throw him in there, I did it one time too many and he went carpet surfing.

Hmmm...that may not be a half bad idea. I think dehumidifiers use a copper coil, wonder if that would have eventually caused problems.

Mr. Microscope

I have a bunch of tiny white brittle stars that seem to live in tufts of GHA. I often remove the GHA manually with a small pair of tweezers and inevitably end up ripping a bunch of the starfish apart. It always makes me feel a little guilty.

I have scars from when I had cichlids, angry little turds they are -.- I had a four inch green terror at one point that LOVED banging into the glass in the middle of the night so it got to the point where I'd put him in a mesh net before I went to sleep >.>

He also loved flicking water at me when I went to feed him or when he was hungry. You could always tell cause there was a puddle on the ground....needless to say I gave him away when he started getting bigger

I have a bunch of tiny white brittle stars that seem to live in tufts of GHA. I often remove the GHA manually with a small pair of tweezers and inevitably end up ripping a bunch of the starfish apart. It always makes me feel a little guilty.

MURDER

Whenever I hear a really ghetto person talk up their reef saying how awesome their stuff is I always ask for a picture and 9/10 it's crappy brown button polyps, Xenia and colt corals. I don't say anything because of course, if they like it that's all that matters but I silently judge :x

My local reef board is filled with people like this. Not that there is anything wrong with common coral, it's just the way they present themselves and their reefs on these forums.

My tank was a bit off due to an un-level floor. Of course, I didn't know this until it was fully filled!

The problem was solved my having my boyfriend lift the stand while I shoved little "pucks" made of paper towels and masking tape under the legs on one side.

Worked like a charm, and he didn't even get a hernia!

My tank was a bit off due to an un-level floor. Of course, I didn't know this until it was fully filled!

The problem was solved my having my boyfriend lift the stand while I shoved little "pucks" made of paper towels and masking tape under the legs on one side.

Worked like a charm, and he didn't even get a hernia!

I have folded cardboard under my stand. That's how we've leveled things since I was a kid.

Archived